Still no updated 2022 roster on uconnhuskies.com | The Boneyard

Still no updated 2022 roster on uconnhuskies.com

Reaction Score
In the past it is done slightly before spring practice. I checked and no new players on there yet.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
In the past it is done slightly before spring practice. I checked and no new players on there yet.
Did you see the “signing day” drop down tab?

Maybe we don’t see a combined refresh until May when start project the fall roster.

Reaction Score
Did you see the “signing day” drop down tab?

Maybe we don’t see a combined refresh until May when start project the fall roster.

I am gonna bet that they will have a printed roster on that 21st day of April in the Morrone field. It would be poor form not to have one.

Reaction Score
Yep, I've been checking to see if they would be "sharp enough" to put up a correct and updated spring roster like they've done in the past. Especially with all the new Player Personnel and content staff working for the FB team. What's so hard about combining the signing day drop down, making any subtractions or mid year/prep additions, along with their new numbers and measurables in a one complete roster for the players who are participating this spring. Come on Uconn FB ! ... alot of fans that are into this stuff.

Reaction Score
Yep, I've been checking to see if they would be "sharp enough" to put up a correct and updated spring roster like they've done in the past. Especially with all the new Player Personnel and content staff working for the FB team. What's so hard about combining the signing day drop down, making any subtractions or mid year/prep additions, along with their new numbers and measurables in a one complete roster for the players who are participating this spring. Come on Uconn FB ! ... alot of fans that are into this stuff.
Spring also usually shows us weights going up or down and often position changes. There are some good nuggets in the updated roster. Alas, not a priority for the new regime.

Reaction Score
ONE thought ... they probably weigh the kids and measure them the first day of spring practice. It probably takes a day or two for them to accumulate that information. You just kinda jumped the gun

like children told not to descend the stairs to the Xmas tree before Mom & Dad wake

Reaction Score
And there we have it !...... updated with new numbers. measurable etc
Yep, I've been checking to see if they would be "sharp enough" to put up a correct and updated spring roster like they've done in the past. Especially with all the new Player Personnel and content staff working for the FB team. What's so hard about combining the signing day drop down, making any subtractions or mid year/prep additions, along with their new numbers and measurables in a one complete roster for the players who are participating this spring. Come on Uconn FB ! ... alot of fans are into this stuff.

And there we have it !...... updated with new numbers, measurables, etc

2022 Football Roster - University of Connecticut Athletics

Reaction Score
Hardy looks like the only one to put on weight. Bryant also. Looks like the team got shorter and lighter?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And there we have it !...... updated with new numbers. measurable etc

And there we have it !...... updated with new numbers, measurables, etc

2022 Football Roster - University of Connecticut Athletics

Great job. I was out here three hrs ago and it was still the old schedule.

• Langston up to 244 and noted as a Linebacker....I think that is the way for him to go this year
  • WO Jaylon Jones now noted as an LB.
  • Elijah Jeffreys at WR still noted on the roster.
  • Justin Moore at DL still noted on the roster.
  • Heatherman at TE up to 254
  • Athlete Mountali was announced as TE/LB when signed is noted as a LB in this first update. 6'3.2 and 232lb.
  • DL Yates up to 254
  • DL Transfer McDuffie clocking in at 6'5 and 305. We have our Travis Jones replacement....or at least as well as you could reasonably expect to find for a similar body type
I dont mean to be a debbie downer, but a lot of these guys are still playing too light in my mind, particular many of the LBs. I'd like to seem more closer to LS Tommy Zozus at 6'0.6 240.

I wonder if Jeffreys and Moore have been permitted to stay with the program this spring while remaining in the portal? Or they are staying...curious situation. For the moment - until I hear something affirmative about their status, I dont plan to include either on my roster tracker. If I did add them back we would be a projected fall 2023 scholarship roster of 86, one over.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I should probably slow my roll on Mountali to LB position because he's also listed as playing with the #88!

If Mountali is to start with the LBs and not at TE, then I could definitely see us working to get that extra TE prior to fall. WO or scholarship player, regardless they are going to need another body to run practice.

Another thought, I'm rather optimistic that D'Mon Brinson and Cam Edwards could play a serious amount of snaps this fall if needed. So if we get through this spring and hear that the secondary didn't perform and they can't get a meaningful portal player, I remain a bit optimistic here about our freshman.

Reaction Score
Great job. I was out here three hrs ago and it was still the old schedule.
  • Elijah Jeffreys at WR still noted on the roster. ...true ...thought it's weird since his feb twitter post has him in the portal

Jeffreys / Twitter

• Justin Moore at DL still noted on the roster.
  • Heatherman at TE up to 254
  • Athlete Mountali was announced as TE/LB when signed is noted as a LB in this first update. 6'3.2 and 232lb.
  • DL Yates up to 254
  • DL Transfer McDuffie clocking in at 6'5 and 305. We have our Travis Jones replacement....or at least as well as you could reasonably expect to find for a similar body type
I dont mean to be a debbie downer, but a lot of these guys are still playing too light in my mind, particular many of the LBs. I'd like to seem more closer to LS Tommy Zozus at 6'0.6 240.

I wonder if Jeffreys and Moore have been permitted to stay with the program this spring while remaining in the portal? Or they are staying...curious situation. For the moment - until I hear something affirmative about their status, I dont plan to include either on my roster tracker. If I did add them back we would be a projected fall 2023 scholarship roster of 86, one over.

Good recap. You covered just about all that I noticed. Also Uconn was in the middle of the process of adding numbers and changes when I first saw stuff going up a couple of hours ago, like McDuffie is now at 318lbs. Also saw that Rayonte Brown is still here and must of "traded" his #72 to Guidone. He's is now listed as #73. .....I thought he might of been gone because of that and he wasn't in that twitter OL pic last week. . Another poster clarified him sitting out for now. Also looks like the 2 Loomis FR are the only mid year HS/ Prep guys listed, so I'd guess they're here for spring ball.

Reaction Score
I should probably slow my roll on Mountali to LB position because he's also listed as playing with the #88!
I thought that at first but maybe not since, WR Josh Tracey is #88 and I think they'd have to have different #'s if they were both playing offense.

Reaction Score
Not sure what to make about some of the weights. There are a noticeable number of players that lost weight according to the roster. Perhaps they are trying make some of the players quicker and faster:

DL Evans 277 to 265
DL Jones 247 to 230
DL Moore 283 to 265
DL Gourdine 295 to 288
DL Harris 245 to 238
OL Senn 310 to 298
OL Antolovich 300 to 294
WR Drayton 200 to 186
WR Bush 190 to 181
TE Niemenski 246 to 237
TE Dixon 230 to 224
QB Krajewski 216 to 211
QB Phommachanh 187 to 182

Reaction Score
Also, 2 kids that were in the portal are still on the roster Moore and Jeffreys.

Reaction Score
Don't mind the team being a little lighter if it means they are faster. When Jimmy Johnson took over UMiami he turned LBs into DE and safeties into LBs in an attempt to get faster on defense. It worked very well.

Seven of the current Offensive Line are over 300 pounds and the two incoming frosh are 305 and 344. So their should be plenty of beef on that side of the ball.

Of course, the numbers are going to fluctuate by the fall. Some will go up and some will go down.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
On the issue of weight, I just think we have been too light at some key positions like RB, LB and S it has been showing when we typically grind down on D after playing decent for 5 or 6 series.

That all said, last year's weights might not have had the accuracy we all presume (or this year!). I know at least one key player last year was listed higher because of course he screamed "target me" to be playing at his true weight for the given position.

Reaction Score
Explain this ... why/how do heights change year over year? 18-23 ... you wouldn't expect significant change.

Reaction Score
Explain this ... why/how do heights change year over year? 18-23 ... you wouldn't expect significant change.
Eddie Williams was 6-2 when he joined the Air Force at 18. He was 6-6 when he joined the Huskies basketball team a couple of years later.

Reaction Score
Eddie Williams was 6-2 when he joined the Air Force at 18. He was 6-6 when he joined the Huskies basketball team a couple of years later.

how do they shrink?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
how do they shrink?
shades area GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads