Stephon Castle Highlights - Under Armour Circuit | The Boneyard

Stephon Castle Highlights - Under Armour Circuit

caw

Reaction Score
Man those highlights remind me more of Caron than any other Husky I can remember. Obviously Caron was older at UConn by a few years.

Reaction Score
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Yeah, if he can re class, get him here now. Him and Newton would be a very nice backcourt.
In the event that they ended up sharing a backcourt, could someone familiar with their respective games fill us in on how they’d mesh/strengths and weaknesses of playing them together. First impression is that they’d have no problems getting buckets but neither is a true pg in the traditional sense?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In the event that they ended up sharing a backcourt, could someone familiar with their respective games fill us in on how they’d mesh/strengths and weaknesses of playing them together. First impression is that they’d have no problems getting buckets but neither is a true pg in the traditional sense?
Newton averaging 5 assists per game on a dogwater ECU team suggests he’s a pure point. Castle also shows flashes of playmaking potential, but I’m less certain to call someone a true pg until they play at this level. It’ll be hard to tell exactly what role Castle fills until he gets here, but he shows flashes of self creation, and spot up shooting ability. In our perfect world, they both can play on and off ball, which would give us a very tough offense.

Reaction Score
Newton averaging 5 assists per game on a dogwater ECU team suggests he’s a pure point. Castle also shows flashes of playmaking potential, but I’m less certain to call someone a true pg until they play at this level. It’ll be hard to tell exactly what role Castle fills until he gets here, but he shows flashes of self creation, and spot up shooting ability. In our perfect world, they both can play on and off ball, which would give us a very tough offense.

If by "flashes of playmaking potential" you mean "has played almost exclusively PG for his high school and AAU team for at least the past 2 years" I agree with you

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Newton/Castle
Hawkins/Floyd
Jackson/Karaban
Akok/karaban
Sanogo/Samson

That’s a lineup to get VERY excited about. A lot of length, versatility, and guys who can create for others.

Castle looks like he gets up with ease. I hope he can be Cade Cunningham like.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Both seem to be true PGs, just big PGs. Which would be really fun to watch. Here’s some more highlights of Castle. His offensive game is just…

This might be a better highlight for his pg skills.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Newton 6’5
Castle 6’5
Hawkins 6’5
Jackson 6’6
Sanogo 6’9

Floyd Jr 6’3
Akok 6’9
Karaban 6’8
Clingan 7’2
Johnson 6’10
Springs 6’9
Newton/Castle
Hawkins/Floyd
Jackson/Karaban
Akok/karaban
Sanogo/Samson

That’s a lineup to get VERY excited about. A lot of length, versatility, and guys who can create for others.

You left out Clingan!

Reaction Score
Both seem to be true PGs, just big PGs. Which would be really fun to watch. Here’s some more highlights of Castle. His offensive game is just…

This might be a better highlight for his pg skills.

Like this kid a lot but that video doesn’t show off his point skills. He does look like a bucket getter though.

Reaction Score
If he reclassified, he would play and play a lot. Couldn’t see this being a Floyd, karaban situation

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Has great pace & the hesitation move is phenomenal for a guard his size. Looks like a day 1 starter whenever he comes - whether as a 1, 2, or 3.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Newton 6’5
Castle 6’5
Hawkins 6’5
Jackson 6’6
Sanogo 6’9

Floyd Jr 6’3
Akok 6’9
Karaban 6’8
Clingan 7’2
Johnson 6’10
Springs 6’9

You left out Clingan!
Sorry I was trying to predict the lineup and Hurley usually likes to go 8-9 guys. That is A LOT of length there. To go a long with a lot of basketball skills.

Reaction Score
Newton/Castle
Hawkins/Floyd
Jackson/Karaban
Akok/karaban
Sanogo/Samson

I expect more from Samson Johnson than being a back up at the 5. Starter at the 4 and be a reliable scorer. Reverse the Samson and Akok roles,

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I expect more from Samson Johnson than being a back up at the 5. Starter at the 4 and be a reliable scorer. Reverse the Samson and Akok roles,
That could be true. I hope it’s between him and Akok. I personally like Akok because he just seems like an ideal 4 next to Sanogo. Shoots 3s at an above 40% clip confidently and is a great shot blocker. If Samson can do that better plus more I’m completely with him starting too.

Reaction Score
Castle looks like an elite talent in those highlights. If we have Castle and Newton as our starting backcourt next season it's going to be a fun ride. Castle, Newton, Hawkins would be a vintage UCONN perimeter and we have a point forward in Jackson at the 4 and Sanogo at 5. Yes please!

Reaction Score
Can Johnson shoot threes? If not, our offense is going to run into the same problems we had this year playing Sanogo and Whaley together.

Reaction Score
Can Johnson shoot threes? If not, our offense is going to run into the same problems we had this year playing Sanogo and Whaley together.
Yeah he can shoot 3's, very similar to Akok in keeping the defense honest with 2-3 attempts per game as a stretch 4

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom