Stephanie White Named WNBA Coach of the Year | The Boneyard

Stephanie White Named WNBA Coach of the Year

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was unsure. She struggled at Vanderbilt. I thought she was mediocre with Indiana, but she was 20-14 and 17-17, which isn't bad. Considering that the Sun lost Bri Jones early, Stephanie and her team have done really well.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
She was my vote. I wasn't sure what to expect from Connecticut this season but White did well. I like how she played Alyssa Thomas. She kept her moving and with the ball which is why i think she had all those triple doubles this season. I too think and thought White would be better suited for a professional team.

As a side note I also felt Nikki Fargas would have been a better coach in the W than college. May have not worked out but that's always what I thought.

Reaction Score
I was unsure. She struggled at Vanderbilt. I thought she was mediocre with Indiana, but she was 20-14 and 17-17, which isn't bad. Considering that the Sun lost Bri Jones early, Stephanie and her team have done really well.
White is a better fit at the pro level than NCAA. The skillsets between college and pro level are vastly different, this is more her niche/comfort level.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
White is a better fit at the pro level than NCAA. The skillsets between college and pro level are vastly different, this is more her niche/comfort level.
You have A LOT more responsibilities at the college level too. Recruiting, academics, managing parents and donors and faculty and fans.

In the pros you get to focus a lot more on basketball.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You have A LOT more responsibilities at the college level too. Recruiting, academics, managing parents and donors and faculty and fans.
Get paid a lot more, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom