Steph Castle G2G per Hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Steph Castle G2G per Hurley

Reaction Score
team needs one of those extended 1st semester exam breaks like back in the day, if they can get through tomorrow might have to give one or 2 of them a game off vs APB

Reaction Score
Has the NH Register always been better than the Courant for UConn coverage. Does not see like that should be the case, but if it is I will cancel my subscription to the Courant and get the Register. It seems like every time there is a story with content I think is worthwhile the Register has it and the Courant is at least a day behind if they ever cover it.
CT Insider (which includes the NH Register) is way better for UConn coverage and just overall. Definitely recommend making that switch.

Reaction Score
We all (myself included) obsess over any thing that could be seen as a potential limiting injury; we do it with good reason, as health can't be accounted for pre-season and is a huge factor in any tourney run - but...I bet if we paid this close attention to every other team's minor injuries and scrapes and bruises, we'd probably see the same proliferation in 80% of teams.

Reaction Score
He played through the pain but he is shooting very poorly and we need him hitting from outside.
Hes also not great defensively and if hes hobbled he becomes an even bigger liability. Hope he gets healthy and isnt a lingering issue. Really like that kid.

Reaction Score
Has the NH Register always been better than the Courant for UConn coverage. Does not see like that should be the case, but if it is I will cancel my subscription to the Courant and get the Register. It seems like every time there is a story with content I think is worthwhile the Register has it and the Courant is at least a day behind if they ever cover it.
I read both and I think the Register covers the team much better.

Reaction Score
He played through the pain but he is shooting very poorly and we need him hitting from outside.
All season he's been shooting poorly? Are you nuts? He's shooting 43.4% from three. That's really good. Before the Kansas game, when he was 1-7 from three, he was shooting 47.8% from three, which is fantastic. So he had a bad game at Kansas. It happens to the best of them.

What I guess we can be concerned about is if his toe injuries effected his shot in the Kansas game and will that continue. He's a gamer so I hope he heals quickly.

Reaction Score
If anyone besides Newton has a relatively good game we win.
Ne in
All season he's been shooting poorly? Are you nuts? He's shooting 43.4% from three. That's really good. Before the Kansas game, when he was 1-7 from three, he was shooting 47.8% from three, which is fantastic. So he had a bad game at Kansas. It happens to the best of them.

What I guess we can be concerned about is if his toe injuries affected his shot in the Kansas game and will that continue. He's a gamer so I hope he heals quickly.
Spencer has played outstanding ball. When I said he has shot poorly I was thinking of Kansas and I believe the game before. If he can’t get lift on his shot because of toe injury his shots will continue to be short. In any case I will be there tomorrow cheering on our Huskies!

Reaction Score
So you’re saying they’re not “courant”?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

What I guess we can be concerned about is if his toe injuries effected his shot in the Kansas game and will that continue. He's a gamer so I hope he heals quickly.
Pretty sure he meant during the Kansas game. Bad English.

Reaction Score
Ne in

Spencer has played outstanding ball. When I said he has shot poorly I was thinking of Kansas and I believe the game before. If he can’t get lift on his shot because of toe injury his shots will continue to be short. In any case I will be there tomorrow cheering on our Huskies!
The game before, UNH, Spencer was 6-13 from the field, 3-7 from three and 2-2 on FTs. All fine.

So it's been a whole 1 game in a row he's been bad. 1 game isn't a trend.

But I agree that if the injury caused his poor shooting game and the injury is still bad then it may be a concern. We'll see tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he meant during the Kansas game. Bad English.
My point is 1 game isn't a trend. See his response above. He meant 2 games but only the Kansas game was bad.

If we worried about every player's 1 bad game being a potential trend we'd drive ourselves nuts. :)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The game before, UNH, Spencer was 6-13 from the field, 3-7 from three and 2-2 on FTs. All fine.

So it's been a whole 1 game in a row he's been bad. 1 game isn't a trend.

But I agree that if the injury caused his poor shooting game and the injury is still bad then it may be a concern. We'll see tomorrow.
I just rewatched the game, since I hadn’t seen it on TV. Didn’t realize just how off he was until I saw it on tv. Not having Castle hurt even more because we should have shut Cam down. I appreciate he gutted it out, but Hurley should have played him less. It’s critical that we get him healthy.

Reaction Score
It's wild to me that the people who say stuff like this are the same ones who are jumping off a building in the chat if they're down 4 points at the first media timeout.
Reflection. All the chat is reactionary, i’m not trying to hide from it. But, no one else played a good game really. Could’ve/probably would’ve been different for Cam if he didn’t have the toe issues, but Tristen was being left on an island out there at times. Not unfair to say I don’t think.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We have been dying to play these blue blood games early in the season. But we win nothing in Nov-Dec. I think DH will err on the side of caution and maybe we lose to two ranked teams. Being healthy when it counts is paramount.

Reaction Score
We have been dying to play these blue blood games early in the season. But we win nothing in Nov-Dec. I think DH will err on the side of caution and maybe we lose to two ranked teams. Being healthy when it counts is paramount.
Amen to that. AK has been off for three games now too and it may be his injury in his non-shooting hand effecting his shot.

Now we're seeing what a blessing last year was injury wise.
JH had the games lost to a concussion and AJ lost a couple early games but this year is starting to make me feel like I'm watching the women's team..........

Reaction Score
Hes also not great defensively and if hes hobbled he becomes an even bigger liability. Hope he gets healthy and isnt a lingering issue. Really like that kid.
Solo will be our first swing off the bench or may start for cam. We’re good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom