Starting 5 next game | The Boneyard

Starting 5 next game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has to be AO, Roscoe, Giffey, Boat and Lamb. Drummond looked so lost tonight and Bazz is just lost period

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't know, with the way Giffey's been playing suggesting him to fix the problem is like trying to save your burning house by whipping out some marshmallows.

Reaction Score
Giffey can at least hit an open jumper - I think % wise he is our best 3pt shooter this year. He also knows how to play Defense

Reaction Score
I don't know, with the way Giffey's been playing suggesting him to fix the problem is like trying to save your burning house by whipping out some marshmallows.
Because Giffey plays defense.

That's why JC always gave him lots of minutes.

Reaction Score
1) Brandon Allen
2) Ryan Boatright
3) Niels Giffey
4) Michael Bradley
5) Enosch Wolf

Honestly, they would give up their lives to play every sec on the court. Too much NBA talk made the other kids lazy… oh and by the way the next guy who should be benched during the game is Coach Blaney! Still can not believe what I saw today. JC please come back!

Reaction Score
1 Boatshow (enough said there, our best player)
2 Napier (just wear the t-shirt please)
3 Lamb (give him some set plays, thigh and knee might be sore which would excuse his recent production or lack there of)
4 Smith (continue playing with wild abandon, don't sweat the charges, just stay aggressive)
5 AO (whatever you do, don't pass him the ball in traffic)

Or replace Napier with Lamb at the 2 and bring in Giffey.

Reaction Score
It doesn't make any difference who we start or play in the next games. Too many problem areas and general lack of fundamentals. As mentioned in various posts, rebounding, shooting, offensive movement and perimeter defense are all major problem areas that should have been addressed at the start of the season. They play the game as if they're just starting to learn the fundamentals. I've seen CYO and high school teams play a better brand of basketball. This team will be hard pressed to win as many as two of their remaining game. It's hard to believe most of these guys have been playing ball since they were very young and still can' hit the rim on an open shot or be more fluid on any shots near the rim. The basketball is like a foreign object. Looks bad for next year with the possibility of academic sanctions and possibly poor recruiting. Let's hope for a great showing at the NIT tournament.

Reaction Score
How in the hell are we in February and still don't have an effective and set starting lineup?

That in itself says 'Problem'!

Never thought I'd see a UConn thread on this topic in February. but this team is different than others. Interestingly enough I'm not sure the (i.e. any) starting 5 will fix the problem.

Reaction Score
I like it, can we get Jeff Adrien off the bench too?

H

huskymagic

ao/olander/scoe/gif/boat

I hope your joking about olander starting as that guy is as bad as daniels and can never start for us if we hope to be any good. Giffey is solid but not starter material either.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Hey, BE FAIR.

Marshmallows are delicious.

Reaction Score
Gotta be: Boat, Lamb, Scoe, AO, AD

I liked the sort of transition offense we were getting with the 3-guard line up though. Sloppy as hell, but that would clear up. Lamb needs to get his swagger back and stop sulking during/after tough shooting games. AD Please don't pick up 2 early fouls again, so frustrating. Scoe: Please bring out that dunk you had in the last 5 minutes throughout the whole game. AO, play with the leadership and intensity you had for the most part tonight. Boat, do your thing --> Be smart.

Reaction Score
ok seriously this is my five:

boat
lamb
giffey
scoe
alex

2nd 5

bazz (10 minutes tops)
boat
lamb
olander
drummond

Reaction Score
Brendan Allen
Kyle Bailey
PJ Cochrane
Ben Stewart
Enosch Wolf

Start them, give them one possession, and then call a TO and sub. Just to send a message.

Reaction Score
Brendan Allen
Kyle Bailey
PJ Cochrane
Ben Stewart
Enosch Wolf

Start them, give them one possession, and then call a TO and sub. Just to send a message.

That would be amusing, but it won't happen. Especially not with Blaney running the show. Remember in 2010 when SJU mopped the floor with our guys in the 1st round of the BET and Calhoun benched everyone but Kemba for the last 5-10 minutes of the game? He then said that he would start those same guys in the NIT just to send a message, had a couple of practices, and promptly decided to stick with his regular starting lineup. If fiery, grouchy JC will not pull the trigger on that kind of move, then there is no way the soft and senile George Blaney does it.

H

huskymagic

Gotta be: Boat, Lamb, Scoe, AO, AD

I liked the sort of transition offense we were getting with the 3-guard line up though. Sloppy as hell, but that would clear up. Lamb needs to get his swagger back and stop sulking during/after tough shooting games. AD Please don't pick up 2 early fouls again, so frustrating. Scoe: Please bring out that dunk you had in the last 5 minutes throughout the whole game. AO, play with the leadership and intensity you had for the most part tonight. Boat, do your thing --> Be smart.

good points and very astute of you. This obviously has to be our lineup 30-35 minutes every game if we want to win. That 2 little guard lineup and Olander in the game will never work against good teams.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Brendan Allen
Kyle Bailey
PJ Cochrane
Ben Stewart
Enosch Wolf

Like it, but start Ethan Waite at center. A 5'8'' center would probably set some kind of NCAA record.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Boat, Gif, Roscoe, Alex and IDK

Reaction Score
1) Brandon Allen
2) Ryan Boatright
3) Niels Giffey
4) Michael Bradley
5) Enosch Wolf

Honestly, they would give up their lives to play every sec on the court. Too much NBA talk made the other kids lazy… oh and by the way the next guy who should be benched during the game is Coach Blaney! Still can not believe what I saw today. JC please come back!
I was gonna say the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc