St Johns will beat Nova tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

St Johns will beat Nova tonight

Reaction Score
I hate that the ref decided that great game on a nickel/dimer foul. Should have been a play on. So irritated right now..
There were plenty of questionable calls in the game but that didn’t appear to be one of them. Champagnie’s arms were extending diagonally into the shooter’s space. Easy call.

Reaction Score
There were plenty of questionable calls in the game but that didn’t appear to be one of them. Champagnie’s arms were extending diagonally into the shooter’s space. Easy call.
as the Nova player was jumping into him. Play on. The defenders hands never touched any part of the shooters body. BTW when a player jumps into a defender the defenders hands will almost always go down as the defender instinctively tries to balance himself.

Reaction Score
There were also 2 questionable calls against Posh that limited his playing time.

The bottom line is that, much like Duke, Villanova will always get the late game call from the referee which frequently determines the game’s outcome.
The 2nd foul called on Posh at the end of the first half was BS. That was an offensive foul on Slater as he charged into Posh. That call had dramatic effect on the game
. When Posh had to sit when he got the 3rd foul that is when Nova got on their run

Reaction Score
as the Nova player was jumping into him. Play on. The defenders hands never touched any part of the shooters body. BTW when a player jumps into a defender the defenders hands will almost always go down as the defender instinctively tries to balance himself.
Ref was going to call something and wasn’t going to be offensive with Champagnie not stationary

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It was an easy foul call. Not debatable in the slightest. St. Johns needed him to hit the wide open 3 he airballed a minute or two earlier. I don't see any room for St. Johns to gripe about the refs. They got several offensive fouls called on Nova that Nova almost always gets away with.

Reaction Score
It was an easy foul call. Not debatable in the slightest. St. Johns needed him to hit the wide open 3 he airballed a minute or two earlier. I don't see any room for St. Johns to gripe about the refs. They got several offensive fouls called on Nova that Nova almost always gets away with.
The difference between the two teams down the stretch was stark. St. John’s (especially Champagnie) panicked while Villanova was clinical. They fully expected they would come back and win, adjusted where they needed to, and methodically executed their game plan to a tee without the slightest bit of panic. Really impressive stuff.

Reaction Score
The difference between the two teams down the stretch was stark. St. John’s (especially Champagnie) panicked while Villanova was clinical. They fully expected they would come back and win, adjusted where they needed to, and methodically executed their game plan to a tee without the slightest bit of panic. Really impressive stuff.
Can't beat the experience of having already been there. The Nova players know how to win in those situations. They stay calm and run their stuff.

Reaction Score
I don't ever recall a team display that quality to the extent that Villanova does this year. It's impressive. I noticed a bit of that confidence from Providence yesterday, too, to a lesser extent.

UConn has developed basically the opposite MO. As Hurley said, we are maniacal. It seems to me that we do sometimes switch into calm take-care-of-business mode near the end of games, and the opponent almost always makes a run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom