OT: - St. Johns' entire recruiting class has decommitted | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: St. Johns' entire recruiting class has decommitted

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pitino was interviewed during intermission of the Islanders game the other day. His age really is showing. He almost looks sickly. I’m surprised he decided to take this job and as was mentioned above, I’m sure coaches are using his age against him while recruiting.
He’s like what, 93? He looks fine.

Reaction Score
Just came in here to post this. Hate that it happened, but Slick Rick has proven time & time again he can’t be trusted

Reaction Score
Well this kind of stinks for Taliek. Pitino demoted him, after praising him all season. I know he was the newest and Pitino had to officially add his guy Masiello, but still…

Well, maybe there’s a future AC spot available on a 5x national championship team?

No insider knowledge, just nice to know he now has experience in that role, even with Slick Rick quickly finishing…..him from that role.

Reaction Score
I think Pitino’s expected success at St John’s has been greatly exaggerated and may have been a bit premature

LOL he has been there two weeks, are you already kicking dirt on his performance?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But didn't @Waquoit just tell us there was a rule about kids commiting to a school not a coach?
If a school wanted to make a kid stick to his letter of intent after a coach leaves they can, it’s legally binding. Most schools don’t do that tho. They have been much more lenient with current players getting waivers but his original point was factually accurate.

Reaction Score
LOL he has been there two weeks, are you already kicking dirt on his performance?
No. I’m doing the opposite. Let’s not anoint him or kick dirt on him. He has A LOT of work to do

Reaction Score
No. I’m doing the opposite. Let’s not anoint him or kick dirt on him. He has A LOT of work to do
Not sure where you're getting that from

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Pitino is going to be just fine. St John's is already a team I take seriously

Mike Anderson's lack of on court discipline is a bad system

Reaction Score
If a school wanted to make a kid stick to his letter of intent after a coach leaves they can, it’s legally binding. Most schools don’t do that tho. They have been much more lenient with current players getting waivers but his original point was factually accurate.
But scholarships are actually renewed on a yearly basis

Reaction Score
I think Pitino’s expected success at St John’s has been greatly exaggerated and may have been a bit premature
Hurley was getting lambasted for all transfers this time last year. Pitino will get players and it benefits uconn if they are relevant. Not sure why everyone on this board is so against him. High probability he flips ian jackson

Reaction Score
Hurley was getting lambasted for all transfers this time last year. Pitino will get players and it benefits uconn if they are relevant. Not sure why everyone on this board is so against him. High probability he flips ian jackson

I think the fact that he’s a terrible human being plays into it.

Reaction Score
Not sure where you're getting that from
Here. There were multiple posters saying he’d have them as a tournament team year one. So far he has ONE player

Reaction Score
Against him? Nah. Hurley was never down to one player. He has to build a team up of all transfers. I’m not so sure it’s gonna work just because it’s “Pitino”. Idk if guys really care about his name

Reaction Score
So far he has ONE player
So far, Pitino's held onto ONE player. Jettisoned the rest of St John's players, swung and missed trying to bring a few Iona players to Jamaica, and possibly wiffed thus far on other new additions. Doesn't mean Slick Rick won't add players, but the horse's sputtering out of the gate to date.

Reaction Score
But scholarships are actually renewed on a yearly basis
Yes and the ncaa does says that if a coach leaves you do not get to be released from your scholarship because the coach left….your scholarship is with the school not the coach

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
St. John’s was awful this year and UConn moon walked to a championship. Our performance has zero riding on what goes on at Queens Community College.

Reaction Score
Pitino will be fine, but his age is being used against him in recruiting and the portal.
Probably less so for the portal because the kids won't be there for four years and Ricky will likely finish out his contract if he can field a team this year, that is.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Was he? I do not remember too many basketball posters being anti-Transfer Portal, especially after the Edsall debacle in football.

Also, we need some Big East schools to be good. We don't need St. Johns to be good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom