OT: - Spurs' Manu Ginobili announces retirement after 16 seasons | The Boneyard

OT: Spurs' Manu Ginobili announces retirement after 16 seasons

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, 41, announced Monday that he is retiring.
The landscape in San Antonio has changed with trading of Kawhi Leonard and the retirement of Ginobili.

"Today, with a wide range of feelings, I'm announcing my retirement from basketball," he said in a tweet. "It's been a fabulous journey. Way beyond my wildest dreams."

upload_2018-8-27_13-2-33.jpeg

Ginobili, a future Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer, had been working out regularly at the Spurs' practice facility as he considered his decision to retire.

The Spurs had been hopeful that Ginobili would want to return for a 17th season and allowed him to take all the time he needed to make a decision, league sources had told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. They thanked Ginobili in a tweet and video Monday.

[Story]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, 41, announced Monday that he is retiring.

"Today, with a wide range of feelings, I'm announcing my retirement from basketball," he said in a tweet. "It's been a fabulous journey. Way beyond my wildest dreams."

Ginobili, a future Naismith Basketball Hall of Famer, had been working out regularly at the Spurs' practice facility as he considered his decision to retire.

The Spurs had been hopeful that Ginobili would want to return for a 17th season and allowed him to take all the time he needed to make a decision, league sources had told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. They thanked Ginobili in a tweet and video Monday.

[Story]
One of the most unique players to come into the league in a long time and a serious gamer, next stop the Hall.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love this guys game
He is so sneaky, so agile yet so tough
I would take him on my team any day
Good Luck MG and welcome to Springfield - well deserved

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics