Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Spring Ball is here… Welcome to the New Age!

Reaction Score
You have to remember that the head coach can get anything he wants at practice. If he wants the defense to beat up on the offense, he controls that. If he wants the offense to look better, he controls that. If he wants the offensive line to dominate, it will.

That's not my opinion. It's the opinion of Bill Parcells.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You have to remember that the head coach can get anything he wants at practice. If he wants the defense to beat up on the offense, he controls that. If he wants the offense to look better, he controls that. If he wants the offensive line to dominate, it will.

That's not my opinion. It's the opinion of Bill Parcells.
Plus, it’s really hard to tell if a great offensive play is a misdefense of assignment, or if a tough defense is just due to an inept offense. But as noted above, I think there are things that you can learn from the spring game. Including, energy, intensity, organization and accountability.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
hmm, wonder if more kids will get a vid.

I always liked his potential, thought his HS showed a lot of dawg.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With how positive everything is this spring. The new ring around campus about the new staff and approach. I feel like this team as a whole is in a much better position than last year. Real coaching is what these kids need. Spring ball will show that.

Reaction Score
With how positive everything is this spring. The new ring around campus about the new staff and approach. I feel like this team as a whole is in a much better position than last year. Real coaching is what these kids need. Spring ball will show that.
If there's as big a coaching difference as I expect, we're going to see it very early in the season. My caveat as always is the o-line, but it looks like we've made some strides there already.

Reaction Score
Mora really seems like he's won over the entire team already and continues to do so. I can see why a lot of his previous players speak so highly of him. Hell I'm about to reapply with 4 years of eligibility at 36 because he has me so pumped for the season to start.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You gotta be trolling right???

Not trolling at all, just dejavu. If we can all agree that last season was a low point at QB, then we should expect the new guys to be dominating the spring conversation. If the comparisons to the old guy is luke warm and the new guy isn't jelling with WR's we know are really good, it suggests a suboptimal dynamic on a couple of fronts.

If overreading off-season scraps of information makes people uneasy, then what are we doing here?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Not trolling at all, just dejavu. If we can all agree that last season was a low point at QB, then we should expect the new guys to be dominating the spring conversation. If the comparisons to the old guy is luke warm and the new guy isn't jelling with WR's we know are really good, it suggests a suboptimal dynamic on a couple of fronts.

If overreading off-season scraps of information makes people uneasy, then what are we doing here?
You are right except you are missing one big piece. This is a new offense with new schemes, coaches, etc. All the players are on offense are learning it for the first time. Very early in the jelling department and old guy and new guy are basically starting at 0 in a new offense. This is also just base installation- the real growth will take place over the summer and that is when you will hopefully see separation and jelling.

Reaction Score
Honestly. If your morning agenda is to come on the Boneyard Football thread and just piss on the handful of guys that want to grab some positive feel for some hope for wins next fall, I'm gonna say: "you're a pretty sick guy ... Troll". Tell you what, come follow me tomorrow at Memorial Sloan Kettering, you'll find great opportunities to shatter hope there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom