Sports bucket list | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sports bucket list

Reaction Score
My sports bucket list:

1. attend a Stanley Cup Final game if the Bruins are in it and if I win the lottery lol
2. attend a Stanley Cup parade if the Bruins ever win another one. I missed the 2011 parade because my father was hospitalized with pneumonia.

I've been to Fenway Park but I need to go again, first time I was only 8 years old. Got to see my idol Yaz play.
I've also attended a UConn WBB game, UConn vs UNC. UConn wiped the floor with them but I stayed until the end.
I also enjoy going to minor league baseball games at Dodd Stadium. It's a nice place to watch a game and the players really play hard, trying to get to that next level.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My sports bucket list:

1. attend a Stanley Cup Final game if the Bruins are in it and if I win the lottery lol
2. attend a Stanley Cup parade if the Bruins ever win another one. I missed the 2011 parade because my father was hospitalized with pneumonia.

I've been to Fenway Park but I need to go again, first time I was only 8 years old. Got to see my idol Yaz play.
I've also attended a UConn WBB game, UConn vs UNC. UConn wiped the floor with them but I stayed until the end.
I also enjoy going to minor league baseball games at Dodd Stadium. It's a nice place to watch a game and the players really play hard, trying to get to that next level.
My mom, born in Worcester, nurse’s training in Boston, was a big sports nut. She said the nurse trainees would go to Bruins games and scream, “We want red ice!”. Lol, nice talk from health care providers.

Mom also liked to joke my first word was Yastrzemski. She was a huge Red Sox fan as well as a Bruins fan.

Reaction Score
My mom, born in Worcester, nurse’s training in Boston, was a big sports nut. She said the nurse trainees would go to Bruins games and scream, “We want red ice!”. Lol, nice talk from health care providers.

Mom also liked to joke my first word was Yastrzemski. She was a huge Red Sox fan as well as a Bruins fan.

"We want red ice"- that's great :D

My mom was a huge Red Sox fan too. When she was in high school she got to watch Ted Williams & Sox play Joe DiMaggio & the Evil Empire. She & her friends would take the day off from school and drive up to Boston. She said bleacher seats were like 50 cents (and gas was only 10 cents!). She lived through the defeats of 1946, 1967, 1975 & 1986 before they finally won it in 2004.

Reaction Score
Only one sports bucket list for me. To spend just 30 minutes talking with Coach Auriemma about basketball in general. Not about strategy or who will be starters for his team next season. But just about basketball in general.
Genos 1st year at UConn, I was studying Sports Medicine, and we had to take various "sports techniques" courses. The new guy taught the basketball course. I could tell right away that he loved the game, and had a gift for teaching it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I got one of my bucket lists done last November when I went to Spain to watch Lou, and Karlie, play for Avenida. I love small towns and small older arenas and the fan base. The spirit of this small town has for it's only real sports team is just tremendous.

Reaction Score
I've seen a fair amount of events, but certainly not every one. I'll use Nan's list as a template:

COLLEGE
Final Four - women: Yes, 9x
Final Four - men: Yes, NOLA Superdome 2003
Hockey final: Not yet
World Series game: Not yet, though my son's alma mater won in 2003

PROFESSIONAL
Tennis Grand Slam: Not yet
Master’s Tourney (golf): Practice round only
Another golf major: U.S. Open 12x; PGA 1x; U.S. Senior Open 3x
Stanley Cup game: Not yet
World Series game: Yes, Phils v. Orioles
Super Bowl: Not yet
World Cup (soccer): Not yet
World Cup (WBB): Istanbul, Tenerife

IN ITS OWN CATEGORY
Olympics: Atlanta, Sydney, and London; Salt Lake City
Boston Marathon: 2x
New York Marathon: 4x
Penn Relays: 2x
Damn..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To add something I forgot: I've seen the Rose Bowl from the last row in that mammoth stadium and the Holiday Bowl (2x) from the sidelines. The Iowa cheerleaders were awesome!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I got one of my bucket lists done last November when I went to Spain to watch Lou, and Karlie, play for Avenida. I love small towns and small older arenas and the fan base. The spirit of this small town has for it's only real sports team is just tremendous.

Let me know if you are going next season!

Reaction Score
Not big on attending contests, though have not forgotten a 1953 World Series fame at Ebbets Field. Carl Erskine set a World Series record, striking out 14 Yankees, and Roy Campanella hit a game winning home run that landed not far from me in the left field stands. My list would involve playing certain golf courses while I'm still able. Have played Pine Valley,Wing Foot, Baltusrol, and Dornoch in Scotland, but would love to play St. Andrew's, and The Country Club,right here in Massachusetts. Oh, and would love to play a round with Tom Watson. Maybe I'll write him a letter.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Realistic bucket-list item: attend the Big East WBB tourney

Not realistic: complete a nitrogen-man* triathlon (shoulders may never allow me to swim half a mile)

Out of the question: an Ironman triathlon

*nitrogen is 1/4 the atomic number of iron; a nitrogen man is a 1/4 ironman
' (shoulders may never allow me to swim half a mile)'

seriously holmes, examine and think hard on platelet replacement therapy.
sound logic with positive results starting to flood researchland.

and on this bucket list thing, i have an older pal, a yuge beagle and husky grad, whose done a lot of live big sport events viewing (seems like all of them -secretariat, chambliss home run, super bowls, boxing, u name it, he was there and still is to this day), and now he is on to 'world travel bucket list things.'
told me a few months back that the monday night game for the girls at Bridgeport was the single best sporting event memory for he and his wife ever. pretty cool.

personally, i have no bucket list anything. im quite content to just wake up tomorrow morning, cuz, you know, breakfast awaits! and, iffn there's some spectacular overseas thing that i haven't hit, well, i'll just utube it, and enjoy the experience from my couch. im done with all things travel for places not here at home in the good ol USA. here? plenty cool left to see and do. i hear that there is giant ball of twine or aluminum foil out in the midwest somewhere. roadtrip!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom