Sporting News and their list of Top 10 players to watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sporting News and their list of Top 10 players to watch

Reaction Score
It’s funny because if CC played at UConn, SCar, LSU or elsewhere where she was not the only really great player on her team, I wonder if she’d be such a media darling and if her stats would be so shiny. Because in those scenarios she wouldn’t be scoring 30 or more points every game because she wouldn’t have to.

You mean like Bueckers, who has Geno the cheerleader and ESPN in her backyard?

You really think Clark would not receive the same high praise by Geno and the media, if she played for UConn and Bueckers played for Minnesota?

Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark has the respect of two GOATs of the WNBA. Good enough evidence about the greatness of CC for me.

Lisa Leslie:

"Caitlin is phenomenal. I think we have not seen a player like her," the two-time WNBA champion and three-time MVP said. "And I say that because she's a mixture of Diana Taurasi in her consistency of shooting and being able to take over a game. I think she's a little bit like Sue Bird because she has the ability to pass the ball. But then she's tall enough like Sheryl Swoopes.

Diana Taurasi:

"I would pick her up 94 feet and mess with her so bad," the WNBA's all-time leading scorer said. "I would poke at her, I would jab at her, I would frustrate her. I would do dumb stuff. I would get a technical. I would get a flagrant. You've got to disrupt the rhythm of the game."

Source:

'She's one of one, period': WNBA stars, LSU players chime in on Iowa's Caitlin Clark

/thread

Reaction Score
What makes you “sort of” understand where Paige is ranked? Where would you put her if she isn’t 3rd?

I agree Edwards deserves to be on this list but Pili, Kitley and Holmes are more proven commodities than Edwards is. All were 1st or 2nd team All Americans last year, Edwards was 3rd team. No quarrel from me about her deserving to be on the list over Van Lith, though I do think Cardoso deserves a spot despite having less than great stats a year ago. She was great in all of the big games. Regardless, I think Edwards deserves be in the 8-10 range to start the year.

Fudd had a great 6 game stretch to start the 2022-23 season, but it doesn’t justify her being ranked over a lot of players who were consistent All American caliber players a year ago. She could blossom into an All American with a strong year, but I’d put others like Jacy Sheldon, Cotie McMahon or Georgia Amoore over her right now.

And why is it bad to reference Reese as “The Bayou Barbie?” It’s how a lot of fans know her and she’s become the biggest social media star in women’s basketball.
The voice of reason! Well done!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom