South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina vs Ohio State [game thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You're predicting SC and UConn to be in mid-season form? I would be surprised. I expect two sloppy , almost unwatchable games. At least, that's been the pattern for early season games in the past.
If you look at last year, UConn scored 80 points in 11 of its first 12 games of the season (76 vs Notre Dame is the only game they did not.) Ohio St started the season giving up at least 70 points in 7 of their first 8 (67 to Georgia is the only game they did not). They also gave up 97 to the same St. Francis team that UConn played in the first round of the NCAA tournament.
I tend to agree with Mass. UCONN "only" lost starter KML from last year's team. I expect Williams to start now that Butler is out (maybe Williams was always going to be the 5th starter). 4 returning starters, and a sophomore who had a phenomenal rookie year.

Not saying it will be mid season form but certainly the team, led by 3 seniors, should be experienced enough to play effectively...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope the UConn coaching staff will be watching and scouting this game since the Huskies have to play both.
hmmmm I wonder

images

Reaction Score
The title of this thread is not accurate. The SC v OSU game will not be shown on the SEC Network and will not be streamed on ESPN3. The game will be shown on the SEC Network + which is the SEC Network's streaming service.
SECN+ is accessible through Watch ESPN. According to the 'rules' on the Watch ESPN site your cable package needs to include the ESPN channel (SECN in this case) in order for you to be able to stream it. My Watch ESPN "Upcoming" menu lists the game tonight.

Reaction Score
SECN+ is accessible through Watch ESPN. According to the 'rules' on the Watch ESPN site your cable package needs to include the ESPN channel (SECN in this case) in order for you to be able to stream it. My Watch ESPN "Upcoming" menu lists the game tonight.

I have DirecTV and channel 611 is SEC. Not specifically SECN. My WatchESPN has all the SEC games listed however they all have locks next to them meaning they will not be available to view.

So SEC and SECN are two different channels?

Reaction Score
The title of this thread is not accurate. The SC v OSU game will not be shown on the SEC Network and will not be streamed on ESPN3. The game will be shown on the SEC Network + which is the SEC Network's streaming service.
Yea, I too checked it out on Directv it is not listed at 7 or another time on SEC Chan 611. However both Ohio St and USC say that it will be on SEC-N. So the title is correct ---the SEC screwed up I think...

Reaction Score
I don't think you understand SEC refereeing. ;) Still, it is a fascinating early season match up and I'll be clued to my crappy streaming video!
In the old Italian league, when UConn Toby Kimball played there, anyone won the first half and the home team MUST win the second. Is this the kind of SEC Refs you speak of??

Reaction Score
I expect some raggedness, but "unwatchable" is too strong a term, at least for UConn.

I expect SC to hammer the ball inside. I think the OSU backcourt may be hard to defend. Maybe Tiffany Mitchell will make the difference. As always, foul trouble may be a factor.
Dawn Staley WILL hammer the ball inside--that is her preferred game plan. I like Mitchell in the Uconn game I expect Nurse to take her out of her comfort zone. And I expect Stewie, Butler, Tuck to negate USC's Coates and A'Ja. Add a dash of Jefferson and Gabby--they will make a great stew of USC but it will take 30 minutes to mix it up.

Reaction Score
Predictions for both the SC and UCONN games seem to fit the trend of early season predictions. It's easy to forget that with all the talent we have brought back, implementing a new player into the core rotation is easier said than done. With only 4/6 of the main rotation back, a player who saw limited minutes in big games will always be on the floor. Likewise, it's our freshmans' first game and a higher profile game at that. Ohio state worries me a little because they can score a high volume and uconn early in the season is most likely not pristine on defense yet (think Stanford game). With Ohio state already playing one game against a top 2 team I think they will come in fearless. I still predict a uconn win but a closer game than maybe would be comfortable. I would predict a 10 to 12 point win for both SC and UCONN. Excited to watch both games

HGN

Reaction Score
Of all the funny laughable positing, I enjoyed this one a lot. "I hope the Uconn coaching staff will be watching and scouting? That is funny!
I suspect they'll all be in Geno's bar drinking Margarita's and eating pasta and talking about the stock market. WBB is the least of their interests. Funny!!
Stated more simply, I think they will be watching.

Reaction Score
I have DirecTV and channel 611 is SEC. Not specifically SECN. My WatchESPN has all the SEC games listed however they all have locks next to them meaning they will not be available to view.

So SEC and SECN are two different channels?
SEC = SECN (SEC Network). SECN is showing the Kentucky men's game on TV at that time - USC-OSU women's game is not on TV. SECN+ is streaming the game. Shows up on my Watch ESPN with no lock. Have you logged into Watch ESPN with your DirecTV username & password?

Reaction Score
Should be a great game. Game is being played in Columbia South Carolina and for that reason, I think South Carolina pulls away for the win.
My guide shows a different game on the SEC network.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
SEC = SECN (SEC Network). SECN is showing the Kentucky men's game on TV at that time - USC-OSU women's game is not on TV. SECN+ is streaming the game. Shows up on my Watch ESPN with no lock. Have you logged into Watch ESPN with your DirecTV username & password?
I've never used watch ESPN - except a test the other night. The question is, do I expect a problem? I too have DirecTV and I had to log in with my appropriate username and password.

Reaction Score
I think SC's bigs are the difference.
I took this into consideration. My questions are, Will B.Cuevas learn to pace the game against 3 guards being thrown her way? Will tina roy be able to get her 3s off? We all know Mitchell will be ready, but I want to see how USC guards respond against a relentless attack like Ohio St. Should be interesting. You need guards for bigs to be efficient.

Reaction Score
I've never used watch ESPN - except a test the other night. The question is, do I expect a problem? I too have DirecTV and I had to log in with my appropriate username and password.
Check to see if the SEC+ games are locked ("Watch Now"/"Event Schedule"/"Upcoming", scroll down to 7:00 PM)

Reaction Score
The game is not listed on my Comcast ESPN3, only on the SEC network. Bucknell, 0ne of my favorite teams, is on ESPN 3 tonight at 7 vs Cleveland State. Bucknell plays at Notre Dame on Sunday, should be a tough game for the Irish.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
so the SEC network chose Men's basketball KY vs. Albany over the Women's game #2 vs #6. Bummer.

Reaction Score

Yep I am now. :).....Just finished the activation procedure and the locks are gone. Thank you!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The game is not listed on my Comcast ESPN3, only on the SEC network. Bucknell, 0ne of my favorite teams, is on ESPN 3 tonight at 7 vs Cleveland State. Bucknell plays at Notre Dame on Sunday, should be a tough game for the Irish.

Slightly off topic...Bucknell's coach, Aaron Roussell, used to coach at my alma mater, University of Chicago. In his last year there, he had a team that was undefeated in the regular season and ranked as high as #2 in D-III. I really loved that team so Bucknell is one of the side teams I pull for. I hope they are good this year. He has been doing a good job turning around that program and they have improved in each of his years there.

I doubt they have the athletes to hang with ND, but with Roussell you can be sure they will be a disciplined, technically sound team.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Working for me too. Game is up on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Stated more simply, I think they will be watching.
I'm sorry but that just struck me so funny--but like you I assume that one or more of the Geno Staff will be at the Game or viewing it on what ever medium (for Kibs) it may be viewed from.
Obviously I take Basketball as a game to be enjoyed--with some emotional stress. Not as a life and death issue--I am surrounded by way too many of those--live life fully, have fun every day--most never know how fragile human existence really is.

Reaction Score
Predictions for both the SC and UCONN games seem to fit the trend of early season predictions. It's easy to forget that with all the talent we have brought back, implementing a new player into the core rotation is easier said than done. With only 4/6 of the main rotation back, a player who saw limited minutes in big games will always be on the floor. Likewise, it's our freshmans' first game and a higher profile game at that. Ohio state worries me a little because they can score a high volume and uconn early in the season is most likely not pristine on defense yet (think Stanford game). With Ohio state already playing one game against a top 2 team I think they will come in fearless. I still predict a uconn win but a closer game than maybe would be comfortable. I would predict a 10 to 12 point win for both SC and UCONN. Excited to watch both games
Every game (out side of the AAC except USF) I worry about all the games with top 10 teams. In Basketball against top oponents there are no "gimmes". I do not think Geno has difficulty putting Gabby or Natalie into the line up--the Chemistry is built up in 2 years (1 plus) of practice for both of them. It should be near seamless. Putting KLS or Collier will be a crap shoot against top talent. Chong and Ekmark had game and practice experience with the best 4 players in the country. Will we miss Stoke and KML--you bet your bippy. (had to dig deep for that one). Uconn needs to pound USC by 25 points to let them know the Big Dog is still on top of the hen house.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I expect this game to be extremely ugly. However, since it's a top 10 battle I'll be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom