South Carolina @ Maryland next season | The Boneyard

South Carolina @ Maryland next season

Reaction Score
Glad the series is being continued. It’ll be an interesting matchup with both teams having outstanding talent on the way. I hope we can get some revenge from that embarrassing loss y’all gave us this year lol.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I feel like the ACC/Big10 matchup will be a home game with ND. The last time they matched up was 2014. I think it's overdo for them to matchup again. Especially considering they had ND and Iowa play each other twice.

Reaction Score
I feel like the ACC/Big10 matchup will be a home game with ND. The last time they matched up was 2014. I think it's overdo for them to matchup again. Especially considering they had ND and Iowa play each other twice.

Wouldn’t mind seeing them against Florida State next year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My feeling is it will be NC State.

I wouldnt count on that. Still some hard feelings on Tobacco Road about scheduling Maryland. Plus both schools played a home in last years challenge. My bet is on either Syracuse or Miami.... both played on the road last year... and both should be top 15 in the early rankings.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I still can't get used to Maryland not being in the ACC anymore. My first college FB and BB games were at Maryland when my brother was a student there in the early 70's.

Reaction Score
This should be a fun matchup. Maryland and SC both bring in monster classes. How both teams utilize the newcomers will be interesting to watch.

I am still wondering when Brenda will get serious about playing defense. No matter how much talent she has, it won't matter until she decides to get serious about defending people. Austin's development this offseason could be pivotal for them next years team. She is definitely an outstanding rebounder and shot blocker. If she can polish up offensively she can be a very special player. I like her versatility and mobility a lot too, its very unique for someone her size.

Reaction Score
This should be a fun matchup. Maryland and SC both bring in monster classes. How both teams utilize the newcomers will be interesting to watch.

I am still wondering when Brenda will get serious about playing defense. No matter how much talent she has, it won't matter until she decides to get serious about defending people. Austin's development this offseason could be pivotal for them next years team. She is definitely an outstanding rebounder and shot blocker. If she can polish up offensively she can be a very special player. I like her versatility and mobility a lot too, its very unique for someone her size.

Agreed. I think it’s a smart move by Maryland considering how down the Big 10 will be next year. But your right, a lot will depend on how well Maryland can defend next year.

Reaction Score
I still can't get used to Maryland not being in the ACC anymore. My first college FB and BB games were at Maryland when my brother was a student there in the early 70's.

Trust me those of us from big 10 country still can’t get used to having Maryland and Rutgers in our conference ‍♀️.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I think it’s a smart move by Maryland considering how down the Big 10 will be next year. But your right, a lot will depend on how well Maryland can defend next year.

Maryland should be the class Of the Big Ten next year, on a sidenote I’m excited for my alma mater as Kevin is bringing in a very good class next year and just added the big from Europe this past week to make six recruits for this incoming class.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Trust me those of us from big 10 country still can’t get used to having Maryland and Rutgers in our conference ‍♀️.

Ironically, I grew up a hop, skip and a jump from Rutgers' campus. They have been a sleeping giant for years; maybe the Big Ten will bring it to fruition. Unfortunately, top (football) players from NJ have always gone to ND and PS, but that could change. As far as basketball, I think Pikiell could turn them around. I have a feeling C Viv will retire in the off-season.

Reaction Score
Maryland should be the class Of the Big Ten next year, on a sidenote I’m excited for my alma mater as Kevin is bringing in a very good class next year and just added the big from Europe this past week to make six recruits for this incoming class.

McGuff returns good pieces in Crooms, Juhasz, and Patty. Combine them with the six freshman and you have a very talented but young squad. I’m not a big fan of his coaching but the talent is there to atleast win the big 10 and win a game or two in the tournament. Bell will be a dynamo! Interested to see if it’ll be a Kelsey Mitchell 2.0 situation or if he actually develops her into an all around player.

Reaction Score
McGuff returns good pieces in Crooms, Juhasz, and Patty. Combine them with the six freshman and you have a very talented but young squad. I’m not a big fan of his coaching but the talent is there to atleast win the big 10 and win a game or two in the tournament. Bell will be a dynamo! Interested to see if it’ll be a Kelsey Mitchell 2.0 situation or if he actually develops her into an all around player.

I sure hope it’s different than Kelsey, Bell has been called Shebron on around here, Quite lofty expectations so I hope she actually gets developed I’m so glad with Kelsey gone that we were able to get rid of her father from the assistant coaching ranks

Reaction Score
I sure hope it’s different than Kelsey, Bell has been called Shebron on around here, Quite lofty expectations so I hope she actually gets developed I’m so glad with Kelsey gone that we were able to get rid of her father from the assistant coaching ranks
I think Bell will have a great career at tOSU like Alyssa Thomas did at Maryland. When Thomas came to Maryland her nickname was BabyBron. She led the Terps to a Final 4.

As far a joining the Big 10, Maryland is a little over their head in football even though the recruiting has gotten better. But you have to admit Maryland has elevated the Big 10 in all the other sports. Basketball, soccer, lacrosse has really benefited from Maryland being in the Big 10..

Reaction Score
I grew up on stories of South Carolina in the ACC.

One thing that always seemed cool to me was Gamecock fans putting together a special train to trip up to DC for Maryland football weekend.

The other good Maryland story was Lefty Drisell getting punched by a USC player in a brawl and Frank McGuire saying "I think Lefty punched himself."

All well before my time.

I also routinely forget Maryland is no longer in the ACC.

Reaction Score
I grew up on stories of South Carolina in the ACC.

One thing that always seemed cool to me was Gamecock fans putting together a special train to trip up to DC for Maryland football weekend.

The other good Maryland story was Lefty Drisell getting punched by a USC player in a brawl and Frank McGuire saying "I think Lefty punched himself."

All well before my time.

I also routinely forget Maryland is no longer in the ACC.
I never knew why South Carolina left the ACC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Charter members too.... like Maryland, ******** :eek::mad:

Something to do with athletic admissions requirements.... and the tobacco road dominance.

Reaction Score

I know what South Carolina fans of the time say: evil Tobacco Row persecution.

I think it basically boiled down to Paul Dietzel wanting to get around ACC entrance standards. I think he had some idea that he could build a independent powerhouse if they could take more players. Course the ACC dropped their standards immediately after USC left.

It was a really bad mistake that destroyed what was a high level basketball program and didn't help anybody else on campus either.

Getting in the SEC was a stroke of pure ass luck, thank you Bobby Bowden and Vince Dooley. Else we'd probably have ended up in the Big East or maybe CUSA, and then who knows?

I guess we'd maybe have made more sense than Missouri in second SEC expansion. Maybe the ACC would have added us though not sure what TV money sense that would have made.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Basketball is my favorite sport, so I wish we were in the ACC instead of the SEC, even though I love football, too.

Reaction Score
Looks like our game against the Gamecocks next season just got a little easier.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Turtles feasting on chicken again next season.

Reaction Score

I have a STRONGGG feeling that Ashley Owusu will be a star and scorer similar to players like Arike Ogunbowale, Chennedy Carter, Asia Durr, Kelsey Mitchell, Kelsey Plum. Have you seen her highlights? It's just natural for her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom