South Carolina Game Canceled; UConn @ Depaul Wed Jan 26 (merged thread) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Game Canceled; UConn @ Depaul Wed Jan 26 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll take that bet..........It would be more comp[etitive than you think. We would be the underdog, but not by much.
Massey had South Carolina favored by 5.5 points. Their home court advantage plays a part in that point spread.

Reaction Score
Not exactly. Two key player pieces played limited minutes...Azzi only played 10 minutes and Niki played 3 minutes. Also Aubrey and CD didn't play at all.

And USC's top 2021 prospect Raven Johnson was out with injury, and Super Senior Lele Grissett was also out with injury. Not played limited minutes - played zero minutes, due to injury......

Reaction Score
Massey had South Carolina favored by 5.5 points. Their home court advantage plays a part in that point spread.

Massey also had SC -2.5 in the neutral-site game vs CT in the Battle 4 Atlantis. His prediction was SC winning 69-66. They won 73-57.

Massey had CT favored -8.5 vs Georgia Tech, and predicted a 64-56 CT win. GT won 57-44.

Had CT favored -2.5 vs Louisville, winning 64-61. UL won 69-64.

Had CT favored -2.5 at Oregon winning 69-66. Oregon won 72-59.

Reaction Score
Not exactly. Two key player pieces played limited minutes...Azzi only played 10 minutes and Niki played 3 minutes. Also Aubrey and CD didn't play at all.
she played 10 minutes because she wasn't good enough to play more.

Reaction Score
The scar game would never have been canceled if UConn couldn't plug in a replacement game with a previously postponed BE team. I can't imagine Geno saying to Dawn: "sure we don't mind playing 1 less game this year, no big deal, we canceled games all the time. Doesn't matter if we don't have enough games to make the tournament. The SEC is more important".

As it turns out everything worked out OK. Dawn needs to add Doug to her Christmas card list.

Reaction Score
Uconn saying SNY will televise DePaul game???? TV shows another game NOT Uconn vs DePaul???
Any ideas??????????/

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Uconn saying SNY will televise DePaul game???? TV shows another game NOT Uconn vs DePaul???
Any ideas??????????/
I would guess that SNY had the broadcast rights to the original DePaul game that was postponed. So they have first dibs on the rescheduled game, and a UConn WBB game will garner better ratings than anything else they have scheduled. As for the tv schedule, it doesn’t always reflect recent programming changes.

Reaction Score
Any ideas??????????/
If SNY can't get a broadcast team out to Chicago on short notice, I'd assume it would still be on the radio at least.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
And S.Carolina's top 2021 prospect Raven Johnson was out with injury, and Super Senior Lele Grissett was also out with injury. Not played limited minutes - played zero minutes, due to injury......
Fixed your post. Don't want anyone getting confused.

Reaction Score
Massey also had SC -2.5 in the neutral-site game vs CT in the Battle 4 Atlantis. His prediction was SC winning 69-66. They won 73-57.

Massey had CT favored -8.5 vs Georgia Tech, and predicted a 64-56 CT win. GT won 57-44.

Had CT favored -2.5 vs Louisville, winning 64-61. UL won 69-64.

Had CT favored -2.5 at Oregon winning 69-66. Oregon won 72-59.
Oh yeah! The point spread is often wrong. But it is based on formulas & bettor action. LOL...three underdogs (almost all four) won the NFL playoffs this weekend.

Reaction Score
Any ideas??????????/
I just set my recorder to the SNY coverage of the DePaul game. So it looks settled.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah! The point spread is often wrong. But it is based on formulas & bettor action. LOL...three underdogs (almost all four) won the NFL playoffs this weekend.

These are Massey numbers based 100% on past performance. No bettor action involved. If the favorites always won, there would be no need to play the games.

IMO, Massey uses too much of the previous season in his calculations. I'm sure it's phased out at some point.

Reaction Score
The scar game would never have been canceled if UConn couldn't plug in a replacement game with a previously postponed BE team. I can't imagine Geno saying to Dawn: "sure we don't mind playing 1 less game this year, no big deal, we canceled games all the time. Doesn't matter if we don't have enough games to make the tournament. The SEC is more important".

As it turns out everything worked out OK. Dawn needs to add Doug to her Christmas card list.
I doubt Dawn would have even asked if she didn’t think there was a reason Geno would agree. There’s only so many weeks left to get all of your games in. We’ve only missed one game. Dawn didn’t have anything to lose by asking. Geno didn’t have to agree.

Reaction Score
she wasn't injured when she had a good game vs USF, funny how that works.
It is curious, especially since Auriemma gushed after the USF game, hoping it was her “breakout game“, etc.
Only 10 minutes against SC the next day and 2+ months later, Fudd is starting on a “doing things” in practice regimen? Hopefully, for her sake, she responds to whatever that allows her to do in practice quickly and effectively but a return to a “generational” player form this season seems very much unlikely to me.

Reaction Score
It is curious, especially since Auriemma gushed after the USF game, hoping it was her “breakout game“, etc.
Only 10 minutes against SC the next day and 2+ months later, Fudd is starting on a “doing things” in practice regimen? Hopefully, for her sake, she responds to whatever that allows her to do in practice quickly and effectively but a return to a “generational” player form this season seems very much unlikely to me.
With all due respect to Azzi, it would be impossible for her to “return to a generational player form this season” as she has never shown that form in the first place. I have high hopes for Azzi but come on, this idea that she has been anything but a decent freshman guard who seems to have the potential to be a good shooter is simply a fantasy! I realize it is not her fault. She was injured and really has had no chance to show us what she’s really made of. How about we all just wait for her to show us what she is capable of? I would love it if she shoots 6-8 from three every tournament game and, that is something that could actually happen. However, let’s pump the brakes a little on the “generational” stuff. For now, let’s just hope she can make a solid contribution for the rest of the season. I for one, will be more than happy with that! ( her too, I’ll bet)

Reaction Score
With all due respect to Azzi, it would be impossible for her to “return to a generational player form this season” as she has never shown that form in the first place. I have high hopes for Azzi but come on, this idea that she has been anything but a decent freshman guard who seems to have the potential to be a good shooter is simply a fantasy! I realize it is not her fault. She was injured and really has had no chance to show us what she’s really made of. How about we all just wait for her to show us what she is capable of? I would love it if she shoots 6-8 from three every tournament game and, that is something that could actually happen. However, let’s pump the brakes a little on the “generational” stuff. For now, let’s just hope she can make a solid contribution for the rest of the season. I for one, will be more than happy with that! ( her too, I’ll bet)
Well of course a fair amount of people on the board have posted their expectations of her return to that “generational” level of form this year and that is whom my post was addressed to primarily. There is an almost 100 post thread about what to do with Ducharme when she comes back, which I have not read at all; but the assumption by the title from whoever started the thread would seem to be that Fudd is going to step into major, starting minutes at some time this year. The idea that she is going to take minutes from Ducharme seems ludicrous to me. Who knows what Auriemma will do but the idea of phasing in Bueckers and Fudd at this point in the season, especially when both appear to be weeks away from returning seems a daunting task, Bueckers not so much obviously.
I posted about Fudd‘s pretty obvious lack of mobility after the very first time I saw her play against Arkansas. It became apparent after the 10 minutes of SC she couldn’t compete at this level at her then current condition. Hopefully sitting out has helped her recover but it is now almost a month after it appeared she might return around the same time as Muhl, but we shall see.
I certainly agree 100% in your premise of tempering expectations, I have posted that same sentiment more than once.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I doubt Dawn would have even asked if she didn’t think there was a reason Geno would agree. There’s only so many weeks left to get all of your games in. We’ve only missed one game. Dawn didn’t have anything to lose by asking. Geno didn’t have to agree.
I bet there was a really interesting 4-way conversation between the teams involved to pull this off. I don't know about Ole Miss, but without a doubt the fact that Geno, Dawn and Doug are all friends certainly helped. If Muffet was coaching and involved in this kind of negotiation, then forgetaboutit.

Reaction Score
I bet there was a really interesting 4-way conversation between the teams involved to pull this off. I don't know about Ole Miss, but without a doubt the fact that Geno, Dawn and Doug are all friends certainly helped. If Muffet was coaching and involved in this kind of negotiation, then forgetaboutit.
Agree on the Muffet thing. Hope it works out for everybody. It might also help that the team we HAVE to beat out (at this point) is Tennessee. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom