South Carolina (5) vs Indiana (17) - 11/28/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina (5) vs Indiana (17) - 11/28/19

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Herbert-Harrigan is so immature.
Hmmm. I was hoping that if she had transferred she would come to UConn. Maybe I misjudged her.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Uh, no. Just because I said I wasn't sure Indiana was a top 20 team doesn't mean I think thought they were a cupcake like Southern Miss and UT Martin and Jackson State etc. etc.

I'd really like to know who you classify as a great team, a good team, or a cupcake. Seems like your definition is hard to follow and can be all over the place.

Reaction Score
Should Indiana rank over SC now, or is that giving a Big Ten team too much credit for a “lucky” win?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Should Indiana rank over SC now, or is that giving a Big Ten team too much credit for a “lucky” win?
Why does conference affiliation have anything to do with it?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Paradise Jam Reef Division
St Thomas, Virgin Islands - 8:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:

Audio

Live stats:
Thank you for all the posting of the tourney games. I did not watch but got good info on all the games from you and the other posters.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
My worries about SC has come to fruition 2 for 19 in 3 pt shooting :eek: Add in 18 turnovers and that’s the plan for an upset.
It’s one game, learn from it and grow so it doesn’t happen again. I didn’t see the game but as Plebe pointed out the two seniors did not play like it and no one else stepped up. This team has oodles of talent but is young and short on experience so growing pains are to be expected. Playing games like this will help in the long run. Fear not Gamecock nation!

Reaction Score
Here is my take on the SEC right now:

I believe SC, A&M, and MSU are your top 3 teams.

SC has a lot of talent, from the starters through the entire bench. The freshmen are very good but lack that experience. SC's outside shooting raised a flag with me in the Maryland game and it came back to show its ugly head again tonight. 2-19 from 3 with 18 turnovers is bad. I was shocked at how bad T. Harris played and carried herself, was expecting more from the senior. I will give them a slight edge over the other teams as they have played top 25 teams and won against a very solid Maryland squad.

A&M returns everyone and I like the job coach Blair has done. They have flashes where they look terrific. There is a double edge sword with carter, for good and bad. They have all the pieces to win a SEC title. I just am iffy on if the Carter show will be able to sustain success like that. They certainly have pieces to the puzzle.

MSU is still bit of an unknown. I do give them some benefit of the doubt and its 100% because of Vic with the pieces on the team they have this year. The one team they played with a pulse was a decent Marquette team on the road and it came down to the wire. We still don't know how good they truly are as they haven't truly been challenged by a team with similar talent. If they meet up with Stanford, that game will give us a true picture of where that team is at. Blowing out sisters of the poor doesn't prove anything at this point. But I do expect Miss St to be really good by the end of the year. Vic does a good job of playing to their strengths while minimizing their weaknesses. They still have a lot to prove.

1. South Carolina
2. A&M
3. Miss St
4. Kentucky
5. Tennessee

I believe Kentucky and Tennessee are solid but I need to see much more. Tennessee is definitely better coached this year but I need to see more than just the win over ND. Kentucky hasn't played anyone either but they have R. Howard with a great defense.

Reaction Score
Here is my take on the SEC right now:

I believe SC, A&M, and MSU are your top 3 teams.

SC has a lot of talent, from the starters through the entire bench. The freshmen are very good but lack that experience. SC's outside shooting raised a flag with me in the Maryland game and it came back to show its ugly head again tonight. 2-19 from 3 with 18 turnovers is bad. I was shocked at how bad T. Harris played and carried herself, was expecting more from the senior. I will give them a slight edge over the other teams as they have played top 25 teams and won against a very solid Maryland squad.

A&M returns everyone and I like the job coach Blair has done. They have flashes where they look terrific. There is a double edge sword with carter, for good and bad. They have all the pieces to win a SEC title. I just am iffy on if the Carter show will be able to sustain success like that. They certainly have pieces to the puzzle.

MSU is still bit of an unknown. I do give them some benefit of the doubt and its 100% because of Vic with the pieces on the team they have this year. The one team they played with a pulse was a decent Marquette team on the road and it came down to the wire. We still don't know how good they truly are as they haven't truly been challenged by a team with similar talent. If they meet up with Stanford, that game will give us a true picture of where that team is at. Blowing out sisters of the poor doesn't prove anything at this point. But I do expect Miss St to be really good by the end of the year. Vic does a good job of playing to their strengths while minimizing their weaknesses. They still have a lot to prove.

1. South Carolina
2. A&M
3. Miss St
4. Kentucky
5. Tennessee

I believe Kentucky and Tennessee are solid but I need to see much more. Tennessee is definitely better coached this year but I need to see more than just the win over ND. Kentucky hasn't played anyone either but they have R. Howard with a great defense.
I haven’t seen Texas A&M effort to see if they have a leader on their team. I don’t see C Carter providing the leadership to win the SEC. Despite today I still see South Carolina as the leader for the SEC title. T Harris is still a very good point guard.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'd really like to know who you classify as a great team, a good team, or a cupcake. Seems like your definition is hard to follow and can be all over the place.
Pretty simple.

Cupcake = every team MSU has played this year so far except Marquette. Plus all the teams similar to those. Including the bottom 30% of the SEC.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Pretty simple.

Cupcake = every team MSU has played this year so far except Marquette. Plus all the teams similar to those. Including the bottom 30% of the SEC.

I'm not disagreeing with that. No idea what you're trying to reeducate me with.

For the last time ,I don't think playing Jackson State or Troy adds any value to our program, nor can we deduce any conclusions based on those games. I've repeated this ad nauseum.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This has been a truly awful week for gamecocks

Its gonna get worse. I was gonna issue some more snark...... then I remember Plebe's avatar... so I'll keep it to a minimum.

Plebe

Reaction Score

For the last time ,I don't think playing Jackson State or Troy adds any value to our program, nor can we deduce any conclusions based on those games. I've repeated this ad nauseum.
You're the one who said I was all over the place.

Reaction Score
These tropical tournaments are filled with mediocre play. I think for a lot of players it's as if they get off the plane, see the palm trees and ocean and forget they are there to play basketball.

Plebe

Reaction Score
These tropical tournaments are filled with mediocre play. I think for a lot of players it's as if they get off the plane, see the palm trees and ocean and forget they are there to play basketball.
I was impressed with a few of the games today. The Indiana-SC was played at a high level. Indiana brought the intensity and grit and needed all of it to win.

Reaction Score
Judging by the social media posts and videos that I have seen from some of the players that are in these tournaments, that seems to be the case.

Plebe

Reaction Score

In all seriousness, I think MSU can beat Stanford, if they play. I don't think Stanford has looked at all sharp since the exhibition game. I don't even know if Stanford can get past Syracuse tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Well, Indiana is a lot further from the palm trees and ocean than South Carolina yet I thought they outplayed SC when it counted. Your comment doesn't seem to mesh well with this game.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, I think MSU can beat Stanford, if they play. I don't think Stanford has looked at all sharp since the exhibition game. I don't even know if Stanford can get past Syracuse tomorrow.

I'm not disagreeing with that either. I'm looking at the same scoreboards as you.

I'm just tired of your condescending of Vic's propensity for weak schedules. Not that I'm in disagreeance of that either. And that's not to mention you using me as a springboard to temper that scorch.

We've been through this. I got it. I understood, and I COMPLETELY agree.... the teams we've played prior to Marquette were terrible. But hopefully starting now, you can agree that every 2 out of 3 teams we play from this point on are NOT cupcakes. (I..... don't think Green Bay is a cupcake)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing with that either. I'm looking at the same scoreboards as you.

I'm just tired of your condescending of Vic's propensity for weak schedules. Not that I'm in disagreeance of that either. And that's not to mention you using me as a springboard to temper that scorch.

We've been through this. I got it. I understood, and I COMPLETELY agree.... the teams we've played prior to Marquette were terrible. But hopefully starting now, you can agree that every 2 out of 3 teams we play from this point on are NOT cupcakes. (I..... don't think Green Bay is a cupcake)
How did Grace Berger on Indiana, who played high school ball in L’ville Ky get away from Walz?

Whoops. Have no idea why I attached this to Ms St message above.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Undefeated and beat SC, I rank them above SC. Right now, I do not have any team but Oregon, UConn, and Baylor as final four material.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Undefeated and beat SC, I rank them above SC. Right now, I do not have any team but Oregon, UConn, and Baylor as final four material.

UCONN is far from a lock too, theyve looked pretty mediocre in a few games so far. It is early but no one besides Oregon looks like a high level team right now. Lots of season to be played

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom