South Carolina (5) vs Baylor (2) - 11/30/19 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

South Carolina (5) vs Baylor (2) - 11/30/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Baylor missing Cox really showed tonight. Egbo could not stay out of foul trouble.

Cooper is way too up and down. She is either really good or she hurts you.
Agreed. I didn’t put Baylor in the same category as Oregon especially with Cox hurt and having to depend so much on Cooper (a new player). This game was more about South Carolina stepping up to take advantage. Great game by the Gamecocks. They are really impressive, especially having to rely on freshmen in prominent roles.

Reaction Score
Wait, what? Weren’t you the person who has said polls mean nothing this time of year and now you say they will be interesting? Jeez, make up your mind... ;)

I say we give #1 to the team with the most wins over top 5 opponents.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I would *love* to hear Mulkey's press conference, I'm sure she'll have a thing to say about that last layup :cool:

Reaction Score
How will South Carolina be judged and ranked in the polls on Monday/Tuesday after they lose to a lower ranked team but beat a higher ranked team? Is it a wash so they remain in the same position?

Oregon has to move down 2-4 spots in the polls since they have nothing to equally balance out their loss to Louisville. Oregon beat Syracuse but beating Syracuse is not in the same class as SC's win over Baylor. (and Syracuse just lost again, this time to unranked Green Bay).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great game Baylor very hard fought game. They will be much tougher when they get Cox back. This was definitely a learning tournament for SC. Lots of positives with negatives. Great learning experience and I’m happy Aliyah and KiKi got a chance to play in front their family and friends.

Reaction Score
Having flashbacks to Tennessee getting hype over beating SC without A’ja:rolleyes: jk lol.

Boston is a stud. She does some of the same things McCowan did as a junior and senior, stand there grab the offensive rebound because no one can stop you, and make it, and she has a soft little jumper. She’s doing all that as a freshman. Scary stuff.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wait, what? Weren’t you the person who has said polls mean nothing this time of year and now you say they will be interesting? Jeez, make up your mind... ;)
Nothing can be interesting.

Reaction Score
Having flashbacks to Tennessee getting hype over beating SC without A’ja:rolleyes: jk lol.

Boston is a stud. She does some of the same things McCowan did as a junior and senior, stand there grab the offensive rebound because no one can stop you, and make it, and she has a soft little jumper. She’s doing all that as a freshman. Scary stuff.

Good passer too. She does extend her arms too much. The foul trouble is probably going to find her if she keeps that up.

I couldn't be more thrilled by her debut though.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I just want to see t’ea Cooper go off on her old team and it’ll be cool to see her go against ty Harris! I also feel curious to see how the 2 other freshmen guards they start deal with the defense of DiDi Richards and Juicy Landrum! They are both outstanding defensive players
How did that work out?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Harris with a layup at the end to add insult to injury. 15 point win for SC, they're young but quite formidable. Probably the most well rounded they've been since their title squad.
Ty only made that last bucket because we needed it to win the tournament. This is the most talented SC team and has the biggest upside. Baylor definitely missed Cox.

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
earlier in the season talked about how Baylor was the better team
In your defense, I thought it would be mid-season before the Gamecocks played like a top five team. Indiana played well on Thursday and we didn’t, but we played much better tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Boston was absolutely the difference maker in this game. Indiana doesn't beat SC if she doesn't fall prey to foul trouble.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that the geniuses on the Boneyard had me believing she was a lock for UConn. I'll get there, but it'll take me some time :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Lol it’s still early in the season! March is all that matters! Once Lauren cox comes back, watch out!!!
If March is all that matters, why are you ever bothering to watch this game and post on this board about it? Obviously it matters for something.

Reaction Score
Miss State still plays hard. Bibby a little more agressive than I recall her being.

Reaction Score
If March is all that matters, why are you ever bothering to watch this game and post on this board about it? Obviously it matters for something.
Ugh because I can! And we all know march is all that matters anyways so don’t try to be a smartass!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I don't think Baylor. Is a final four team. If Cooper runs the point guard.

Reaction Score
Cooper and Harris both cough it up way too much.

Harris had 15 assists 10 turnovers and Cooper had 17 assists and 11 over their past three games, so Cooper actually did a little better in those two categories. Both are pretty inconsistent offensive players, but good on defense. I’d rather have Harris running the show though.

I think Patberg was the best PG of the four teams. She was solid all around.

Monelle was terrific until the Indiana game. I don’t fault her for her low turnovers. She has no one around her except Hristova.

Four really good PGs in that tournament.

Reaction Score
Cooper is not a steady/consistent player and I think that is somewhat problematic.

Egbo riding the bench almost the entire game yesterday hurt Baylor badly. It was a mismatch with Boston inside.

SC dominated on the glass which is weird to see against Baylor who is usually a good rebounding team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom