Songs from artists who passed away too soon | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Songs from artists who passed away too soon

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Scott Weiland had a constant struggle with his demons and sadly left us way too early.

I completely forgot about that band. That's half of Guns N Roses isn't it? I know that's Slash and I think Duff McKagan too. I always think of Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots. Interstate Love Song is still one of my favorites from that era, great song.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Pianist/organist Nicky Hopkins, age 50 from Crohn's disease. He played with many notable acts, including the Who, Rolling Stones, the Kinks, Jeff Beck Group, and Quicksilver Messenger Service way back in the early 70's:

He died from complications of Crohn’s disease. I lost a friend at about 35 from the same. It’s an ugly way to go, and I hope they’re both in a better place now.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Donna Summer, dead from lung cancer at 63. A non-smoker her entire life, she attributed her disease to toxins released during the 911 attacks and living in proximity to lower Manhattan...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
California folk singer Kate Wolf, gone way too early at age 45:

Nanci Griffith does a nice cover of that song, and I believe her song "Ford Econoline" was written about Kate.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Chris Cornell died at 52. Best known as the lead vocalist of Soundgarden, he was also in the bands Audioslave and Temple of the Dog (which was a tribute band to another grunge rocker, Andrew Wood, who died at only 24) as well as doing some solo work.

Reaction Score
I completely forgot about that band. That's half of Guns N Roses isn't it? I know that's Slash and I think Duff McKagan too. I always think of Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots. Interstate Love Song is still one of my favorites from that era, great song.

Also has Matt Sorum from GNR on drums.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
SW gave us one by John Bonham, here's one by the Who featuring Keith Moon. Moon eschewed drum solos, but the entire Tommy album is IMO a clinic in drums used as a melody instrument. Moon died at 32 from an overdose of a drug he was taking to kick his alcohol habit. John Entwistle, bassist extraordinaire and occasional horn player, died at 57.

Reaction Score
Anybody remember Bobby Darin?!! What a talent; taken too soon......

Oh yea, what a talent, I'd say the epitome of old school cool.

And with over 12m views, Bobby Darin and "Beyond the Sea" haven't been forgotten:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom