Songs about the Unfortunate Side of Life - Deaths, Divorces, Disasters, Drugs, Demons, all the bad stuff. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Songs about the Unfortunate Side of Life - Deaths, Divorces, Disasters, Drugs, Demons, all the bad stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is a poem called Bridge Of Sighs by the 19th century author Thomas Hood. The poem is about a woman who fell out of love with her husband and was discovered having an affair. The woman was removed from the house and was forced to live on the street. Choosing death, she threw herself in the River Thames.......

UHF

Reaction Score
I took the liberty to add Depression to Deaths, Divorces, Disasters, Drugs, Demons (all the bad stuff).
No money, no transportation, little food, and miserable weather led to this classic rock song.

It's A Beautiful Day. 1968. "White Bird."

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Black Sabbath
When I was younger, I kinda casually dismissed them. Ozzy's band before he went solo was about all I knew. "Iron Man' would get air play on heavy metal stations. I didn't realize how pioneering they were for hard rock/metal.

UHF

Reaction Score
Led Zeppelin. 1969. Dazed and Confused. "Soul of a woman was created below".

Reaction Score

Maybe not for everyone, Dan Bern writes and sings of one of the most horrific of events, school shootings; get past the horror and Dan offers some very common sense thoughts on parents and children

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I already went dark on the songs that tell a story thread. I'll try to not add too much.

There are some country songs in this vein? Who would've ever guessed that? :rolleyes:

Probably thousands of songs about heartbreak, here's one of them. From a married duo.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This guy is having a bad life. But you can't feel bad listening to a Flogging Molly song, regardless of the lyrics.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
One of many very talented artists mainstream country never took any interest in. Their loss. I've seen her a couple times, she puts on a great show. Kind of all over the place--country, folk, rockabilly, blues, jazz, gospel. Blend together and serve.

Reaction Score
South Park ruined this song for me for forever, all I can hear is Cartman singing it, making fun of Kenny.
Ummmm...sorry? I've never watched an episode of the South Park series. I've had poor hearing for a long time and could never catch the dialogue. (But I did watch the South Park movie....and laughed out loud for a good part of it)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Flyleaf.
I see you are a fan. Do you know Lacey's back story? She was about at her rope's end, ready to check out of life early, right before she went thru a spiritual transformation. Really comes thru in her songs, both the highs and lows she's experienced in life.

Reactions: UHF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman