Something I want to see DH do | The Boneyard

Something I want to see DH do

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
February 4 @ G'Town - a team UConn should beat with one good half. Give AJax a goal of 20 points, at least half must be in the paint. Run plays specifically for him. Make sure he knows it's for purposes of screwing up every BE coach's plans on how to play him, thus good for the team. AJax is a team guy. He's got the ability to do it. Make him have the willingness.

Reaction Score
February 4 @ G'Town - a team UConn should beat with one good half. Give AJax a goal of 20 points, at least half must be in the paint. Run plays specifically for him. Make sure he knows it's for purposes of screwing up every BE coach's plans on how to play him, thus good for the team. AJax is a team guy. He's got the ability to do it. Make him have the willingness.
He doesn’t have the ability to do it. Had he ever scored 20 in a game? Has he ever made a good move to the bucket in the half court setting? I’m not ragging, I was saying similar things a couple weeks ago. But its evident that it just won’t happen. He doesn’t have it in his bag.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He had 3 open drives with no defenders within 2 feet of him and didn’t even look at the rim
Because it's not his role, nor is he expected to. But if you make it his role for a game and put expectations on his results, he might surprise everyone.

Reaction Score
Because it's not his role, nor is he expected to. But if you make it his role for a game and put expectations on his results, he might surprise everyone.
He is absolutely expected to score lol

Reaction Score
That would surely end in disaster and UConn doesn't seem capable of beating any team with one good half.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He is absolutely expected to score lol
Who's been telling him that, because obviously he's not listening, but he's still getting 30+ minutes a game.

Reaction Score
Who's been telling him that, because obviously he's not listening, but he's still getting 30+ minutes a game.
He just isn’t a scorer. He can’t just turn it on. He doesn’t have it.

Reaction Score
The dilemma of an imperfect player.

I think we all recognize why he’s getting 30 minutes a game.

We’d be toast without his defense. That steal in the passing lane tonight was next level awesome. Almost as awesome as the missed layup that ensued.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He just isn’t a scorer. He can’t just turn it on. He doesn’t have it.
Make him an offer he can't refuse :cool:

I still like the idea. I really want to play mind games with other coaches before the BET.

Reaction Score
Make him an offer he can't refuse :cool:

I still like the idea. I really want to play mind games with other coaches before the BET.
I’m not against it-I just think AJ and the staff think he’ll get offensive fouls often. I don’t think he has the craftiness to play in the lane and avoid contact. It is what it is.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That would surely end in disaster and UConn doesn't seem capable of beating any team with one good half.
And here I thought you were a fun guy...

Reaction Score
AJ is not even attempting open threes anymore. He took one step back and hit it. And had a bad floater And the put back dunk as his only shots.

AJ grabbed a bunch of rebounds but that was it. His man D is let guy go bye and try to block from behind.

Reaction Score
This is a bad idea. Something I’d actually like to see him do is put the players on the court who are playing the best in any given game, not the “starters”. It’s baby steps here. The bar is literally on the floor

Reaction Score
We barely beat Gtown the first time around and we were sticking to what seems to be working…did not realize then it was a sign othings to come

Reaction Score
They need to try something now while there is time left. Anything. A good pg needs to exude a ton of confidence which the team feeds from. We don't have that and it appears to be the complete opposite. Everyone gets the yips. First half they play ball and roll. Second half they fall apart.

Give AJax the challenge because he needs to be challenged.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He tried to take it to the hoop twice early in the second half resulting in a TO and a missed floater. His misses were part of SH comeback for sure

Reaction Score
AJax is probably our worst offensive option other than Diarra and Alleyne. His highest value comes from getting defensive stops and leading fast breaks to find guys for open shots or hockey assists.

We’ve seen what happens when he outwardly tries to score. A dribble combo leading to a 12 foot floater push shot leading to a bad miss

Get defensive stops, find Andre, let him make a play. That’s what he’s good at, that’s what he enjoys doing, and that’s when he looks the best

Key is to get stops and rebounds. The team is really struggling with that. I think we should try a zone against Butler and see how it works

Reaction Score
GOALS FOR REST OF THE YEAR
  1. Actually switch things up. Today's game was no different than the past 6-8. Hurley wasn't there, but still, tell your assistants to do X, Y or Z
  2. Try the two big lineup more than just spurts. I am not a fan of it, but why not try it out. We are losing anyways, so how can it get worse than a loss?
  3. Keep Newton off ball and Jackson/Diarra/Joey as the PGs. Newton looked much better when he wasn't being pressured all game. Decent shooter and driver this game and looked offensively solid.
  4. Run an actual play. Every time down is this big looping play where the big is at the 3-point line and they just hope that Hawkins/Karaban is open enough for a 3. Park the big in the paint and work inside out with them instead.
  5. Don't commit unforced fouls/turnovers. So many are just not caring and last second throwing the ball away or fouling for no reason.
  6. Actually try.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom