Some thoughts on Tonites game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on Tonites game

Reaction Score
Joe Vascily & Dee Kantner officiated yesterday's games, so we won't be seeing them today. I hope we are done with the West Coast refs who decided to impact the last two games by calling every touch foul in the 2nd half. Let them play, refs. These are two tough, physical teams who don't cross the line.

Reaction Score
To a degree, I think they need to double Cunane. We can play her straight up and let her get 20 but I think she can score on any of our bigs. I'd rather see them front her than play from behind. Our ability to deny that incoming pass in the paint will be extremely important. As bigger guards we should be able to anticipate the incoming well and with enough defensive intensity make that incoming pass unsuccessful at least 3-4 times a game.

Reaction Score
Watch out for the lesser named kids on UNC. Cunane and Perez tend to get most of the press but we sometimes see others who make the difference.

Reaction Score
I don't even think Cunane has to have a good game for them to win. Crutchfield, Boyd et al are all solid players. Whichever team shoots well probably wins. I'm hoping we rebound well and keep the turnovers low. All keys.

Reaction Score
Only problem with this picture is that the triumphant woman is in white. NC State is seeded higher than UCONN, so I'd guess they'll be wearing white jerseys.
Bad karma!
However, no referee counting out the opponent in black, nor is the referee holding up the "victor," which may be a premature celebration....

Reaction Score
Free throw shooting absolutely decides close games. UConn is shooting about 57% free throw. That's bad. But Paige and Azzi are in the high 80%, Williams is fine. It's the other members of the team who must step up. As far as turnovers, that will kill you too. ND lost the game with 14 sec left due to a steal. I am sure that Geno is addressing those issues better than anybody. I am anxious but hopeful.
ND lost due to a 17-4 run through the 4th. The steal just iced it.

If UConn had hit some of the FT’s in regulation it would have been over in the 4th. They may not be so lucky against Stanford.

Reaction Score
ND lost due to a 17-4 run through the 4th. The steal just iced it.

If UConn had hit some of the FT’s in regulation it would have been over in the 4th. They may not be so lucky against Stanford.
I was really nervous and unhappy when Ododa missed those free throws. And then Edwards missed her free throws. Thank God for Fudd and Bueckers free throws. Our guards won the game tonight.

Reaction Score
Against ND, NC State committed 5 fouls all game, each starter committing 1. I found this quite interesting because in the State games that I have watched this season, it seemed like Cunane always committed 2 fouls in the first half, resulting in bench time and the other players also committing some. Against Kansas State, they committed 13 with Cunane having 2 and her backup having 4.
I am guessing that the refs may play a big part in how this game is played.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom