Some thoughts on last nite and SC comin up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Some thoughts on last nite and SC comin up

Reaction Score
Suggest you go back and take a look at last year’s UConn-SC game. It’s a little hard to watch from a UConn perspective, but the matchup between Liv and Boston was most definitely not the problem. Liv more than held her own.
South Carolina held Arkansas to only 13 three point attempts this year in a 20pt win.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
South Carolina held Arkansas to only 13 three point attempts this year in a 20pt win.
That's nice. But I'm not exactly sure how that relates to last year's UConn-SC game.

Reaction Score
It might be a reflection on how both teams played that common opponent This year. Ark rained 3’s on UCONN, had a hard time doing same on SC.

Reaction Score
Our guards have to man up and drive to the hoop, which will result in fouls on Boston and threes by our outside shooters. With Boston on the bench with fouls, we will win because our team shoots better than their team and our pick & rolls have become a thing of beauty with Mir and Paige and Ono and Edwards in the game at the same time. Oh, yeah, and let's not forget making our foul shots.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It might be a reflection on how both teams played that common opponent This year. Ark rained 3’s on UCONN, had a hard time doing same on SC.
Comparing 2 teams based on a common opponent can be fraught with peril. Note that Arkansas faced SC on the road and UConn at home.

In addition some teams just don’t match up as well with other teams. Arkansas was red hot vs UConn. Dungee & Ramirez both buried multiple 3’s with defenders in their faces.

With that said, I would make SC the favorite tonight. UConn will have to play their best to come out with a victory.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Comparing 2 teams based on a common opponent can be fraught with peril. Note that Arkansas faced SC on the road and UConn at home.

In addition some teams just don’t match up as well with other teams. Arkansas was red hot vs UConn. Dungee & Ramirez both buried multiple 3’s with defenders in their faces.

With that said, I would make SC the favorite tonight. UConn will have to play their best to come out with a victory.
This. I don’t even think it’s about teams “matching up”.. I think familiarity plays a part. Arkansas is a familiar opponent for SC. We know how to play them, we know how to beat them. If you don’t play that style often then it can put any team on its heels the first time, even a superior one, the Baylor and UConn games are examples of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom