Some perspective... | The Boneyard

Some perspective...

Reaction Score
At the end of 2018, UConn was 179 Kenpom, right behind North Dakota State, Troy and Pacific. It wasn't always pretty the first 2 years with Hurley but to get the team to where it is today has been impressive to say the least. You can micro-manage and analyze coaching philosophies and how far the bigs should hedge but look at the culture shock change. Always huddling up on the court, even if its a 3 second break. Running off the court at halftime and into timeouts no matter what the score is. Multiple guys running to help any teammate off the floor. Watching Brendan Adams and Josh Carlton so engaged on the bench speaks volumes to the character of them as teammates and just how big of a change Hurley has made. Much credit is due.

Reaction Score
At the end of 2018, UConn was 179 Kenpom, right behind North Dakota State, Troy and Pacific. It wasn't always pretty the first 2 years with Hurley but to get the team to where it is today has been impressive to say the least. You can micro-manage and analyze coaching philosophies and how far the bigs should hedge but look at the culture shock change. Always huddling up on the court, even if its a 3 second break. Running off the court at halftime and into timeouts no matter what the score is. Multiple guys running to help any teammate off the floor. Watching Brendan Adams and Josh Carlton so engaged on the bench speaks volumes to the character of them as teammates and just how big of a change Hurley has made. Much credit is due.
The biggest two changes to me are still some of the most basic. Our low post defense and turnovers.

Reaction Score
Fishing for likes, but you get one. I sometimes forget what a disaster he took over and get overly critical because he HAS turned it around so fast. I expect better now, that’s probably unfair. But the culture definitely has changed. And thank god for that.

Reaction Score
Hurley mentioned the 2018 Kenpom rating in his post game interview yesterday. Is that you, Danny?

Reaction Score
I'm so glad we can nitpick defensive hedges and substitution patterns instead of suffering existential crises on a nightly basis. Thank you Danny!

Reaction Score
I'm so glad we can nitpick defensive hedges and substitution patterns instead of suffering existential crises on a nightly basis. Thank you Danny!
A few times this year we've had a lead and with 5 minutes left I'll think, "Well this where we lose it. The other team will make a run and our offense will do nothing and we'll lose."

But instead Cole makes a shot. Sanogo hits a runner. Whaley gets a putback. Bouk or Martin grabs an offensive rebound.

The emotional scars are still there, but I'm feeling hopeful now.

Reaction Score
A few times this year we've had a lead and with 5 minutes left I'll think, "Well this where we lose it. The other team will make a run and our offense will do nothing and we'll lose."

But instead Cole makes a shot. Sanogo hits a runner. Whaley gets a putback. Bouk or Martin grabs an offensive rebound.

√ √ √

Reaction Score

You got Ollied.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom