2023 Recruiting: - Solomon Ball to Announce His School Friday July 1st at 5 PM!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Solomon Ball to Announce His School Friday July 1st at 5 PM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like Ball's highlights. Very athletic, has a decent enough looking shot and finishes well with both hands. One thing that did concern me a bit was that Team Melo seemed to be losing in every single highlight I saw. Did they win any games this year?

They're 6-7 on the season. Won their first 5 games (which coincided with Solo's streak of excellent play, especially shooting). The last 8 games have been a disaster for the program.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They started 0-6. Now 6-7. I will say historically, Team Melo has not been very well structured in the EYBL.
They're 6-7 on the season. Won their first 5 games (which coincided with Solo's streak of excellent play, especially shooting). The last 8 games have been a disaster for the program.
This could be a first!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sheesh, got a ton of dislikes. Was I overreacting to Hawks dribbling / ball control issues last year?
Yes. He improved as the season went on, and was mostly just playing too fast. He knows he has to get better at it and is working on it based on his comments. The NBA will overlook a lot of things like that anyway because they are relatively easy to fix. It won't hold him back. He doesn't need to be Iverson.

Hoping we are on Solo's list here. A strong combo guard who can defend multiple positions is exactly the right fit for this team.

Reaction Score
Is this the fault of Solo/Ross? While I like both players, I get a little leery if we're picking up two of the best players from a team who has been a "disaster" for 8 games straight...

Reaction Score

beetle-juice-dancing.gif

Reaction Score
The quick turnaround for his commitment announcement has to favor the good guys... the recent momentum is strongly in our favor (his good friend Jayden Ross' commitment, his own official visit here and recent subsequent tweet mentioned earlier in this thread amongst other things), and young Mr. Ball is not leaving any time for anyone else on that list to turn the momentum tide away from us... other than for a last minute hail mary (a.k.a. a big monetary offer) from either Miami or USC.

Looks like we could have an amazing backcourt coming in between him and Castle... LET'S GO!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Also said he's announcing his decision July 1st so we won't have to wait long here.
feel like we have the most momentum so this is a good sign

Reaction Score
Here's a link to his top five and what he has to say about UConn:

UConn: “It was a really good visit. I have a good bond with Coach (Dan) Hurley, Luke Murray, and the rest of the coaching staff. I was able to talk to the players, hang out with them, and be around them. They were really good guys too. They have really nice facilities and I felt really welcomed.”

Scouting Summary​

Solomon Ball is a crafty lefty who plays with a lot of pop. He has a slippery way of getting to the rim off the bounce and a crafty finishing package at the rim. Ball is more of a scorer than a shooter. He is confident in the mid-range, and things can get inconsistent from beyond the arc. He is an explosive athlete and has upside as a perimeter defender with his length and pop. You want to see Ball consistently affect the game, even when he is not scoring. But he has a competitive nature that shows from whistle to whistle. A late growth spurt has put Ball on the map, but he still plays with that competitive chip he had as a 5-foot-5 freshman. – On3’s Jamie Shaw, National Recruiting Analyst

Reaction Score
On its own, no. But given your posting history it comes across as you still actively rooting against Hawkins being drafted

Fair but we were all watching the same player. I can’t be the only one who felt this was a serious issue.

Reaction Score
Significant lefty’s who played for UConn. Marcus Willams. Jeff King. Antric Klaiber. Anyone else?

Reaction Score
Have Coach or the UConn Mens Basketball account ever posted about a recruit before they commit?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Can never feel safe with Miami or USC involved. Both big-time NIL schools.
How is this playing out like they give these 15-17 year old kids NIL estimates? Or do they have the funding lined up already and they have guaranteed money for the kid? I would love to be a fly on the wall while USC talks to kids about money.

Reaction Score
How is this playing out like they give these 15-17 year old kids NIL estimates? Or do they have the funding lined up already and they have guaranteed money for the kid? I would love to be a fly on the wall while USC talks to kids about money.
USC has been giving some major NIL cash to football recruits and transfers. Jordan Addison and Malachi Nelson have done quite well apparently. How that relates to top 75 basketball recruits I have zero idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom