Soccer while black | The Boneyard

Soccer while black

Reaction Score
https://www.theroot.com/soccer-while-black-golfcartgail-calls-cops-on-father-1829812982

“A parent at my son’s soccer game had the police called on him for cheering for his son during the game,” posted Ginger Galore Williams, with the header “Soccer While Black.”

Apparently the man’s child was frustrated with a call and his dad yelled, “the ref is right!” GG took offense that a free black man was breathing in her space and then had the audacity to shout during a game and called her White people’s customer service line (911) to make sure the man understands the rules of parenting his negro child in a white space.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
https://www.theroot.com/soccer-while-black-golfcartgail-calls-cops-on-father-1829812982

“A parent at my son’s soccer game had the police called on him for cheering for his son during the game,” posted Ginger Galore Williams, with the header “Soccer While Black.”

Apparently the man’s child was frustrated with a call and his dad yelled, “the ref is right!” GG took offense that a free black man was breathing in her space and then had the audacity to shout during a game and called her White people’s customer service line (911) to make sure the man understands the rules of parenting his negro child in a white space.

Ginger Galore Williams is an all time name.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think it depends on age of kid, level of play, and history.

I don't think we have field marshals in our town rec league, but my oldest is only 6. They play 4 on 4 with no keeper and the coaches ref. I wouldn't be surprised if some older levels have them and if a community has a history of "Hockey Dads," then yes, I could see it.

Regarding the statement from the league president, It's not out of the realm of possibility that it was a CYA statement.

Reaction Score
My friend's dad who is a quiet soul and never said a swear in his life knocked out another dad at a hockey game growing up, that was pretty awesome.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think it depends on age of kid, level of play, and history.

I don't think we have field marshals in our town rec league, but my oldest is only 6. They play 4 on 4 with no keeper and the coaches ref. I wouldn't be surprised if some older levels have them and if a community has a history of "Hockey Dads," then yes, I could see it.

Regarding the statement from the league president, It's not out of the realm of possibility that it was a CYA statement.

Actually, it more likely depends on the prevailing attitude/actions of the parents. The field marshall is definitely there for the spectators, not the kids. Parents are nuts.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Actually, it more likely depends on the prevailing attitude/actions of the parents. The field marshall is definitely there for the spectators, not the kids. Parents are nuts.
Absolutely, but if a parent gets rowdy at a 4-on-4, no keeper game played by 1st graders, the call should be to DCF,..Only sort of kidding (only because if DCF does get involved, the non-offender has to prove a negative vs. the "authority figure," which is near impossible.).

Bringing it back full circle...This guy wasn't rowdy, and "Golf Cart Gail" overstepped her bounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom