So What Happened To The Scrimmage? | The Boneyard

So What Happened To The Scrimmage?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Remember that little scrimmage between UConn and a D1 school to be named later? Did it happen? Will it happen soon? Anyone know anything about it at all?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Remember that little scrimmage between UConn and a D1 school to be named later? Did it happen? Will it happen soon? Anyone know anything about it at all?
top-gun-tom-cruise.gif

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It’s either this weekend or next and everyone associated with it is sworn to silence until after the fact. So maybe we will hear about it this weekend, or maybe next weekend, or maybe Geno was just messing with us…….

Reaction Score
It's either happening today or tomorrow or it happened last weekend like most closed door scrimmages. Have to say overall it's been a pretty quiet pre-season. Next Sunday is the exhibition game, and then the season starts the week after that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While I'm as excited as anyone about the prospects of our team, and the latest news coming out of their practice sessions, I've got to be honest, I'm not that curious about their "secret" scrimmage. If they want to keep everything about it secret and close to the vest, fine.
I can wait until the exhibition game next week.

We've waited this long, we can wait one more week. Inquiring minds want to know, but if they don't want to tell us, ok. I'm only interested in news they want to make public. :oops:

Remember, there are a lot of things that happen on and off the court that are kept private, and we NEVER hear anything about..........and yet we survive. There will be team and individual player news this coming week that they will share. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
While I'm as excited as anyone about the prospects of our team, and the latest news coming out of their practice sessions, I've got to be honest, I'm not that curious about their "secret" scrimmage. If they want to keep everything about it secret and close to the vest, fine.
I can wait until the exhibition game next week.

We've waited this long, we can wait one more week. Inquiring minds want to know, but if they don't want to tell us, ok. I'm only interested in news they want to make public. :oops:

Remember, there are a lot of things that happen on and off the court that are kept private, and we NEVER hear anything about..........and yet we survive. There will be team and individual player news this coming week that they will share. Stay tuned.
Yes but it is interesting to see who the team is?

Reaction Score
It's either happening today or tomorrow or it happened last weekend like most closed door scrimmages. Have to say overall it's been a pretty quiet pre-season. Next Sunday is the exhibition game, and then the season starts the week after that.
is there a way to watch the exhibition game beside being there any streaming available ?

Reaction Score
is there a way to watch the exhibition game beside being there any streaming available ?
I think it's going to be like years past where the school provides a crude video feed and radio coverage as the audio.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes but it is interesting to see who the team is?
Yes of course. But the NCAA rules say they can't talk about it, and they don't. Geno said he would say something about the scrimmage afterwards. I'm writing this comment as if the scrimmage has already been played.

It's a good bet that whoever they played were impressed with our team afterwards. You know our team was eager Tyler Phommachanh play against and beat up on somebody new (fresh meat). Everyone was trying to impress Geno the coaches and their teammates by showing what they could do.....especially the reserves and the freshmen.

This was an excellent opportunity to showcase their latent skills and talents that may not have come to the surface yet in practice. This is really the first chance for Geno to try different combinations to see how they operate without it costing him anything. Perhaps combinations he would be reluctant to try in a real game. We'll get to see them live a week from tomorrow.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I think it's going to be like years past where the school provides a crude video feed and radio coverage as the audio.
Yeah, real crude. :confused: With 21st century technology at their disposal, and the lessons learned from years past (including the first night fiasco 15 days ago), one would think they could produce a live feed of the game with decent quality. Not superior or excellent quality, just "decent" quality. Also a program devoid of constant freeze frames. :oops: Let's hope for the best. :)

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes of course. But the NCAA rules say they can't talk about it, and they don't. Geno said he would say something about the scrimmage afterwards. I'm writing this comment as if the scrimmage has already been played.

It's a good bet that whoever they played were impressed with our team afterwards. You know our team was eager Tyler Phommachanh play against and beat up on somebody new (fresh meat). Everyone was trying to impress Geno the coaches and their teammates by showing what they could do.....especially the reserves and the freshmen.

This was an excellent opportunity to showcase their latent skills and talents that may not have come to the surface yet in practice. This is really the first chance for Geno to try different combinations to see how they operate without it costing him anything. Perhaps combinations he would be reluctant to try in a real game. We'll get to see them live a week from tomorrow.
Correction: I did not write "Tyler Phommachanh". No idea how it got there. I proof read my comments before I press send. The system would not allow me to correct or delete it. :confused:

It's a good bet that whoever they played were impressed with our team afterwards. You know our team was eager to play against and beat up on somebody new (fresh meat). Everyone was trying to impress Geno the coaches and their teammates by showing what they could do.....especially the reserves and the freshmen.

This was an excellent opportunity to showcase their latent skills and talents that may not have come to the surface yet in practice. This is really the first chance for Geno to try different combinations to see how they operate without it costing him anything. Perhaps combinations he would be reluctant to try in a real game. We'll get to see them live a week from tomorrow. à la Bart Scott........CAN'T WAIT.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm not positive but I thought I saw somewhere that the game will be televised on Facebook Watch. I am thinking on the UConn Huskies page but again, I could be totally wrong. (And that wouldn't be a first for me.)

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm not positive but I thought I saw somewhere that the game will be televised on Facebook Watch. I am thinking on the UConn Huskies page but again, I could be totally wrong. (And that wouldn't be a first for me.)
Here's the problem. Closed scrimmages are allowed “provided they are conducted in privacy without publicity or official scoring. Individuals other than athletics department staff members and those necessary to conduct a basketball scrimmage against outside competition may not be present during such a scrimmage. Further, the institution must ensure the scrimmage is free from public view and media are not in attendance.” So yeah, they can be held but not recorded. However, individual stats can be kept though not disclosed. Nevertheless through social media those things can be "found out", such as here:

The secret is out.
@BoilerBall
won their "secret scrimmage" against
@DaytonMBB
this weekend http://on.jconline.com/1McnlYh
8:02 AM · Nov 3, 2015·Hootsuite

Coaches can't discuss what happen, but reporters can and will ask. The scrimmages can last longer than 40 minute timed games with designed segments to work on particulars such as zone defense, full-court press, out-of-bounds plays or late-game situations.

Reaction Score
Those in the know aren't going to say anything since they wouldn't want to get anyone from the organization in trouble..

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Here's the problem. Closed scrimmages are allowed “provided they are conducted in privacy without publicity or official scoring. Individuals other than athletics department staff members and those necessary to conduct a basketball scrimmage against outside competition may not be present during such a scrimmage. Further, the institution must ensure the scrimmage is free from public view and media are not in attendance.” So yeah, the can be held but no recorded. However, individual stats can be kept though not disclosed. Nevertheless through social media those things can be "found out", such as here:

The secret is out.
@BoilerBall
won their "secret scrimmage" against
@DaytonMBB
this weekend http://on.jconline.com/1McnlYh
8:02 AM · Nov 3, 2015·Hootsuite

Coaches can't discuss what happen, but reporters can and will ask. The scrimmages can last longer than 40 minute timed games and design segments to work on particulars such as zone defense, full-court press, out-of-bounds plays or late-game situations.
My post that you replied to was in reference to a post asking about the exhibition game viewing, not the double secret scrimmage that may or may not have happened. I took that to mean the exhibition game next Sunday, 11/7.

JordyG

Reaction Score
My post that you replied to was in reference to a post asking about the exhibition game viewing, not the double secret scrimmage that may or may not have happened. I took that to mean the exhibition game next Sunday, 11/7.
Then of course, that is my mistake and I do apologize for not realizing it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom