So, Are We Good Again? | The Boneyard

So, Are We Good Again?

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people need to realize how much of our offensive identity revolves around Adama. Once he got hurt the purpose we had on offense went away. Now that he's back we should obviously be better, one because he is back, but two we can get back to what we really want to do.

Good win on the road against a good team.

Reaction Score
It has been made clear we will never be in the top 25 again, we did not belong in the top 25 before the PC game, Hurley cannot coach, and we will finish under .500 in the BE. No reason to play out the games, the yard has spoken.

Win at Xavier next week you will see how big of phonys there are around here when they are acting like they never doubted this team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The highs are too high after wins and the lows too low after losses. We're not a horrible team but we're not going to a Final Four either. The way this board reads after games you would think those above statements were simultaneously true.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I think a lot of people need to realize how much of our offensive identity revolves around Adama. Once he got hurt the purpose we had on offense went away. Now that he's back we should obviously be better, one because he is back, but two we can get back to what we really want to do.

hey! whattayou talking about? i mean, it's not like coach told us when we broke camp, that the offense will go thru adama, or anything like that.
oh, wait...
i did enjoy, like last game with tyrese, the big man trying to re-acquaint himself with his bball body. kicking the ball, swiping at air, tossing airballs, the whole package. nice to see that he's looking comfortable, and back on the floor. a very big deal.
fun win.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
At full strength we are a very good, Elite 8 ceiling type team. Without any of Cole, Sanogo or Martin there is a significant drop-off in our ceiling.
I still think we are a consistent high-end scoring wing away from being a legit Final Four/championship contender. Our only hope for that this season is if Hawkins becomes a stud come March AND we stay healthy.

Gun to my head prediction for this team- around a 4-6 seed, lose in the sweet 16 as we shoot like 15% from 3 and lose 55-49. Another step forward though, laying the foundation to be a potential top 10 team next season.

Reaction Score
First game in a long time I wasn't able to watch. Fill me in? Seems like Jackson was really good early on and Martin and Cole took over after? Did we run good offense?

Reaction Score
Gaffney barely played?

Gaffney just isn't a very good player, atleast in terms of getting us where we need to be. He is no threat offensively and it's not like he's an incredible defender to make up for it. His offensive game is limited to wide open 3's and layups in transition. That is Hurley's main recruiting miss so far is taking him over Isaiah Wong and Al Amir Dawes

Reaction Score

If the offense must run through Adama, then he simply must learn to kick out of the constant double teams he draws. Whaley will be underneath with him most sets, leaving Cole or Martin or Jax/Hawk to hit the jumper. That happens, teams can't double AS all the time. Ergo, gotta hit the open shots for 2 reasons, points and freeing Adama from constant doubles. Says captain obvious.

Reaction Score

Definitely. And if he can learn to pass out of the double and triple team, it’ll take the team to another level

Reaction Score
Gaffney just isn't a very good player, atleast in terms of getting us where we need to be. He is no threat offensively and it's not like he's an incredible defender to make up for it. His offensive game is limited to wide open 3's and layups in transition. That is Hurley's main recruiting miss so far is taking him over Isaiah Wong and Al Amir Dawes
I said this about in the beginning of the season and got chastised.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
That is Hurley's main recruiting miss so far is taking him over Isaiah Wong and Al Amir Dawes
I have no recollection of those players or how it went down. Your comment makes it sound like Hurley could have had any of them and chose the one he wanted. How do we know that's how it went down? Isn't possible the other 2 didn't want to come here and Gaffney did? As I said, I have no recollection of the timeline.

Reaction Score
I think we are a decent top 25 team with everyone healthy, but we beat a mediocre Marquette team without their best player that didn't return any starters. Nothing earth shattering there. Albeit on the road.
On the other hand, we ourselves are 7-0 with everyone healthy, including 2-0 in the Bahamas and 1-0 in true road games. Little doubt we would have won all 13 games with everyone healthy, although would probably be 12-1 with Baylor waiting in the wings at Atlantis. That said, I agree that we are a decent top 25 team with honest Sweet 16 possibilities, an assessment that is probably the consensus view of this forum.

Reaction Score
Didn’t panic after Saturday or celebrate after last night. This is not the conference who shall not be named

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
At full strength we are a very good, Elite 8 ceiling type team. Without any of Cole, Sanogo or Martin there is a significant drop-off in our ceiling.
I still think we are a consistent high-end scoring wing away from being a legit Final Four/championship contender. Our only hope for that this season is if Hawkins becomes a stud come March AND we stay healthy.

Gun to my head prediction for this team- around a 4-6 seed, lose in the sweet 16 as we shoot like 15% from 3 and lose 55-49. Another step forward though, laying the foundation to be a potential top 10 team next season.
Can't wait for next year!!!

lol can we just watch and enjoy this team's journey first?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom