SNY Access Help Needed | The Boneyard

SNY Access Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I just moved to Downeast Maine. At this point I use Fubo.tv for most of my TV viewing. I thought SNY's streaming app would give me access, but it seems to be restricted to SNY's regional viewing area. It appears to exclude my area.

Is the kindness of MJL243 my only hope? Any options for the live broadcast?

Reaction Score
From the Hartford Courant:

Want to watch UConn games, but you’re not in market? If Fox is part of your TV package, you’re all set. You can watch games through the Fox Sports app or online by signing in at https://www.foxsports.com/ with your cable provider or streaming service log-in credentials, at no additional cost.

Reaction Score
I just moved to Downeast Maine. At this point I use Fubo.tv for most of my TV viewing. I thought SNY's streaming app would give me access, but it seems to be restricted to SNY's regional viewing area. It appears to exclude my area.

Since you have FUBO TV on a streaming device (Roku, Apple, Firestick and the like) part of your channels lineup include Fox Sports, FS1 and FS2. Download the FoxSports App (not the channel on FUBO lineup) from within your streaming device, install and enter your FUBO TV credentials. When a game shown by SNY you would go into this standalone FoxSports App and watch the SNY broadcast. From what I hear games usually do not show up way in advance on this App but usually close to telecast time.

In my case I have YouTube TV and will be doing the same as I mentioned above, since SNY is no longer on YouTube TV.

...as @Linart just stated, what happens when one dwells on a reply...leaves door open for others to get in. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If you are using a computer, use this link Watch FS1 Live | Stream Games & Shows on FS1 | FOX Sports
sign in under "TV Provider Sign In" and Fubo.TV. You should be able to watch the live broadcast then.

IF you are using a ROKU or other device, add the FS1 channel and then follow the instructions to login using your Fubo.Tv login.

This should work for you, but the test is when the first game is broadcast.

Reaction Score
Since you have FUBO TV on a streaming device (Roku, Apple, Firestick and the like) part of your channels lineup include Fox Sports, FS1 and FS2. Download the FoxSports App (not the channel on FUBO lineup) from within your streaming device, install and enter your FUBO TV credentials. When a game shown by SNY you would go into this standalone FoxSports App and watch the SNY broadcast. From what I hear games usually do not show up way in advance on this App but usually close to telecast time.

In my case I have YouTube TV and will be doing the same as I mentioned above, since SNY is no longer on YouTube TV.

...as @Linart just stated, what happens when one dwells on a reply...leaves door open for others to get in. :rolleyes:

If you have Youtube TV and live in the SNY "Broadcast" area, you may not be able to watch live. You can try using a VPN set outside the "broadcast" area before logging into the Foxsports and see if that works. Roku doesn't play nice with a VPN unless it is set in your router. Firesticks can be set with a VPN. See this link for details: How to Install a VPN on Amazon Firestick TV in under 1 minute

Reaction Score

"NOTE: In order to stream SNY on your device, you will need to be a SNY subscriber through a participating TV provider and live inside SNY's regional territory (NY, CT, parts of NJ and PA)."

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

"NOTE: In order to stream SNY on your device, you will need to be a SNY subscriber through a participating TV provider and live inside SNY's regional territory (NY, CT, parts of NJ and PA)."

Ok, so I have Spectrum in both CT and FL, and SNY only in CT. Is there a possibility that I could use the SNY app, log in with my CT info and watch the games?

Reaction Score
I did as instructed in another thread: I have roku so I invoked the UConn Husky + app and watched the SCSU game. You can probably do this too.

Reaction Score
Ok, so I have Spectrum in both CT and FL, and SNY only in CT. Is there a possibility that I could use the SNY app, log in with my CT info and watch the games?
You can try. It may work. It all depends on if the SNY app reads the IP address of your internet connection. If it can see that you are connected outside the SNY broadcast area, it won't work. You can try to use a vpn to set a connection inside the area.

Your better bet to watch live is use your Florida Spectrum ID to log into the Foxsports app and watch the game live from there if you are in FLorida.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You can try. It may work. It all depends on if the SNY app reads the IP address of your internet connection. If it can see that you are connected outside the SNY broadcast area, it won't work. You can try to use a vpn to set a connection inside the area.

Your better bet to watch live is use your Florida Spectrum ID to log into the Foxsports app and watch the game live from there if you are in FLorida.
I could be mistaken but I thought one of the reasons why SNY started the SNY app was for SNY subscribers to stream their broadcast when the subscribers were out of market, ie. traveling.

Reaction Score
I could be mistaken but I thought one of the reasons why SNY started the SNY app was for SNY subscribers to stream their broadcast when the subscribers were out of market, ie. traveling.

I should have said it may work for a while. Evidently they should allow a few outside of region logins before you need to login within region to reset. In practice, this is hit or miss. Not based on personal experience, but on googling and reading a bunch of reddit threads with NY Mets broadcasts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From the Hartford Courant:

Want to watch UConn games, but you’re not in market? If Fox is part of your TV package, you’re all set. You can watch games through the Fox Sports app or online by signing in at https://www.foxsports.com/ with your cable provider or streaming service log-in credentials, at no additional cost.

Reaction Score

I have FUBO .. I'm also out of the regional viewing area for SNY..
If you have Fox, FS1 or 2, as part of you FUBO package, and a smart TV, you can download either Fox Sports app or Fox Now app and you should be fine. You will need to sign in with your FUBO credentials. This also is good on my Android and laptop..
Hope this helps.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I should have said it may work for a while. Evidently they should allow a few outside of region logins before you need to login within region to reset. In practice, this is hit or miss. Not based on personal experience, but on googling and reading a bunch of reddit threads with NY Mets broadcasts.
I was basing my reply on this article from 2022.

Reaction Score

Fubo's channel lineup includes SNY.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-05-23 at 05.49 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 11-05-23 at 05.49 PM.PNG
    116.7 KB · Views: 52

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Looking this to set up one official thread for tech help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom