Sky @ Liberty - 7/14/17 | The Boneyard

Sky @ Liberty - 7/14/17

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chicago is playing better basketball and may become a playoff team. They lead by 4 at the half. Stef has 10/5/2 on 5-6 shooting, and Tina has 12/10. She is either 1st or 2nd in WNBA career double-doubles. Perennial MVP candidate.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Tina's hook shot may be the best shot in the league. N.Y. just took the lead. Tina has 17 and 12 in 19 minutes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stef is nailing jumper after jumper. She has 23 points on 10-13 shooting..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The 3 starting guards for N.Y. are shooting 10-37. Not a formula for winning.

I think Chicago plays better with Sloot and Quigley in the backcourt than with Cappie in the lineup.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anytime a NYC team loses, its a good day... even if its the WNBA :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chicago won 78-68 at MSG. Tina had 23 and 19. Stef finished with 23 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks.

Reaction Score
Lately, it is hard to watch the Liberty games. They are getting no consistant offense from Rogers, Prince, Zellous, and Vaughn. It also seems that Tina has forgotten about Kiah. In the beginning of the year, Kiah had successive double doubles from Tina's feeds when dealing with three defenders.
How about NY swaps Stokes for Swords? Seattle needs a rebounder besides Stewie.

Reaction Score

It's not like Swords has changed Seattle's fortunes... so I dunno. I'd tough out this rough patch and hold onto to everybody.

Reaction Score
Lately, it is hard to watch the Liberty games. They are getting no consistant offense from Rogers, Prince, Zellous, and Vaughn. It also seems that Tina has forgotten about Kiah. In the beginning of the year, Kiah had successive double doubles from Tina's feeds when dealing with three defenders.

Consistency and not having a true point guard is hurting NY. Also Kiah was a beast defensively but lately not what happened? The Sky have neen playing good team basketball, shots are going in and that's why they are winning lately.

Reaction Score
Great play by Dolson. But where, o where, has Kiah Stokes gone? She seems to have gone really quiet the last few weeks. She is the key to the Liberty's winning. She is needed to be that other offensive threat down under that gives some space to Charles. Tina is still scoring, but she's carrying the entire team.

Sugar Rogers is a major problem. She really, really needs to watch Geno's shot selection video. Throws up way too many shots that don't have a snowball's chance of going in. Then it's back the other way, with the opposing team making better shots, which means more baskets.

Coach should bench her until she figures it out.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The 3 starting guards for N.Y. are shooting 10-37. Not a formula for winning.

I think Chicago plays better with Sloot and Quigley in the backcourt than with Cappie in the lineup.

Sloot and Quigley have played for a long time together and I think are very close off the court. They definitely have great chemistry.

It will be really interesting to see what happens when Cappie is back. I think Amber Stocks is in over her head but even she must recognize that Chicago is playing better without Cappie.

Reaction Score
Fairfield, I like Sugar to think about it for awhile. I really like Rebecca Allen. She has height to help with rebounding, everything she throws up looks like it is going in, and she is an Aussie who knows the game, not in Penny Taylor's class, but I still like her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom