Sixers officially promote Lindsey Harding to Player Development Coach | The Boneyard

Sixers officially promote Lindsey Harding to Player Development Coach

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I always have been a fan when any minority group makes social advancements the right way. There are plenty of good female coaches now. Enough that they should be able to filter into the men's sector.

Reaction Score
Where’s Nan (the voice of reason) when I need her? I’m torn about this...it’s worth celebrating because the NBA is a man’s world where opportunities for women haven’t existed. On the other hand, I want the best coaches coaching in the women’s game. The opportunities are there, but the money is not. If the measure of success is succeeding with men’s teams, then women in sport are under valued.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’m torn about this...it’s worth celebrating because the NBA is a man’s world where opportunities for women haven’t existed. On the other hand, I want the best coaches coaching in the women’s game. The opportunities are there, but the money is not. If the measure of success is succeeding with men’s teams, then women in sport are under valued.
You're right; girls and women athletes deserve great coaches.

But by the same token, great female coaches also should have the right to pursue opportunities in men's or women's basketball. Equal opportunity for female coaches does not have to come at the expense of quality coaching for female athletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom