Site Update - Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
For those who haven't read my previous thread about the site update:

Oh, I’ll be updating to the full script upgrade around 10 pm yesterday

Please reply to this thread only with bug reports, helpful suggestions, and/or your petty complaints.

I have been awake since Wed, 10 pm, with only a couple hours sleep. My plan at the moment is to try and sleep for a while, and I'll address your input if and/or when I wake up. That's assuming 100 ml of brandy and 100 mg thc (aurora Indica) gets the job done.

Bottom line: I'm contracting out the creation of various styles that will be (or else) more to your liking. Suggestions are welcome, but please know this isn't the complaints dept, and I'm looking for helpful suggestions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You do you. Everyone will hate the look... until they get used to it. Then they'll hate the next change. My only preference is keep it simple. This is a message board, not Facebook. I'd rather have a nice, organized message board than something that allows for lots of noise. For example, I find some gifs hysterical in the correct hands, but I've seen other message boards that become a gif graveyard. Good luck!

EDIT: I liked when we used to have direct links to the primary message boards of opponents, or at least conference opponents. I like to check them out (not cause problems). It can be tough to find the primary / best board for AAC teams. It may just be that they don't have fans that give a crap.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I appreciate your hard work, I think the new format is very slick looking

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ability to post Gifs looks like it can be done, I'm just not sure how.

Maybe @HuskyNan could do a revised how to page, though I think most of us will figure it all out over time.

Biggest thing is a link to TCF's Husky Games. That is invaluable to me.

It will take a little getting used to but I like overall, for what that's worth.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I would like to see the number of posts and likes for each poster in the poster name box like we used to have. I only read the highly rated!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind an increase in the width of the thread message boxes.

On a 20.5" wide monitor, the thread only takes up about half, leaving a 4" space on the left side of the messages, and 6" to the right (...estimated of course). I understand the need for advertising. Gotta pay the bills, but the banner ad to the right is only a couple inches wide as it is. Wider message boxes = a greater number of visible messages at any given time.

Reaction Score
Morning...

Is there a way to get the BY to fit the whole screen on a desktop like it used to? This looks like mobile style carries over.

BY Sample.jpg

Reaction Score
Tom - you used to be able to hover the mouse over "Alerts" and see what they were. That ability seems to have gotten lost in the script shuffle.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Will the ability to ignore threads be put back in? It's nice to be able to ignore some of the extraneous OT topics...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For those who haven't read my previous thread about the site update:

Oh, I’ll be updating to the full script upgrade around 10 pm yesterday

Please reply to this thread only with bug reports, helpful suggestions, and/or your petty complaints.

I have been awake since Wed, 10 pm, with only a couple hours sleep. My plan at the moment is to try and sleep for a while, and I'll address your input if and/or when I wake up. That's assuming 100 ml of brandy and 100 mg thc (aurora Indica) gets the job done.

Bottom line: I'm contracting out the creation of various styles that will be (or else) more to your liking. Suggestions are welcome, but please know this isn't the complaints dept, and I'm looking for helpful suggestions.

I've got a number of things I'd like to see, but I don't want to bombard you.

Do you want us to post things that are currently missing? Or technical problems as we go?

If so, I just noticed there appears to be no bullet point or list numbering option in the format settings. If it's there, I sure as hell can't find it. I'm an idiot.

Also, when you click on the alerts list, there doesn't appear to be a 'star' next to the post that indicates this is a new alert you have not seen before. Relatively minor, but thought I'd point it out anyway.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If so, I just noticed there appears to be no bullet point or list numbering option in the format settings. If it's there, I sure as hell can't find it.
It's in the dropdown menu under the List icon, 5th from the right, between Undo and Alignment.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's in the dropdown menu under the List icon, 5th from the right, between Undo and Alignment.

Aaaaah thanks. I actually clicked on that, but just read 'unordered list' and 'ordered list' and didn't look at the icon next to it. Thought it was alphabetical thing. I was trying to order a list of why Syracuse sucks and was too impatient to post it hahaha What an idiot.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Tom, just thought I'd offer some small kudos.

I wrote you a while back with an odd problem where my 'return to parent button' in the reply field of a post wasn't working. You didn't even know it existed lol.

Well, with the new update, it now works flawlessly. Thanks!

Reaction Score
The ability to add more than 1-2 photos to a post (doesn't have to be an infinite amount, but just allow for a few more) would be good.

Keep the ability to edit and delete your own posts without time constraints.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The ability to add more than 1-2 photos to a post (doesn't have to be an infinite amount, but just allow for a few more) would be good.

Keep the ability to edit and delete your own posts without time constraints.

I would second the 2 photos per post option, only because it's great for comparative purposes. A before vs after. A funny, not funny. A good vs bad UCONN vs Syracuse etc etc.

Right now, the only option is to go into photoshop and edit the photos to combine into one single .jpg right next to each other. Which is annoying.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A small matter, but our emojis are outdated and few and far between. Would love to get some modern cell phone style options. With a whole lot of choices, like the thumbs-up, the flat face, the crying laughter.

Really helps with being expressive and avoiding people interpreting a post incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom