OT: - Siegrist on fire! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Siegrist on fire!

Reaction Score
Siegrist played just 32 minutes, too, and she had 10 rebounds. I was interested that Villanova had just four offensive rebounds vs. Seton Hall, but that figures since it didn't have many to chase after... LOL! The rest of the team shot 18 of 33.

From what I could find in the Big East media guide, Maddy broke the league scoring record by seven points. Angel McCoughtry of Providence had 43 in a 2009 game and Jaylyn Agnew of Creighton tied that in 2020.

Who knows what might transpire in years to come, but it's a good bet Maddy's record will be there for a while.

Well done, Maddy Siegrist!
Didn’t Angel play for Louisville?

Reaction Score
Didn’t Angel play for Louisville?
Yup, apologies,,, I messed up on that one. Angel played for Louisville and had her 43-point game vs. Providence.

They've just got to make the type bigger in the Big East media guide.;)

Reaction Score
Yes great game. But has not been much of a factor against uconn. So as she does a great job, in her play. I truly believe that uconn has her number. But great for the big east. We n the d to get ou big was games against SC, LSU, Tennessee. Just to show how bad they really are.

Reaction Score
I had AE as the clear favorite for Big East POY a few weeks ago. Today, I would make Siegrest as the slight favorite. It might come down to their final matchup.

Reaction Score
I had AE as the clear favorite for Big East POY a few weeks ago. Today, I would make Siegrest as the slight favorite. It might come down to their final matchup.
I like Maddy, but I love AE. If I could vote, it would be Aaliyah Edwards and Nika Mühl for MVP. UCONN has suffered a tremendous loss with all the injuries this season, and the starting five have given their all. Without their performance, this team would be in Shambles!!

PS: Geno for COY!

Reaction Score
I am a huge Husky fan, and am eternally biased in their favor. I love Aaliyah’s game, and have frequently posted plaudits in support of her. But neither Aaliyah nor anyone else on my favorite team is even in a stratosphere of legitimate consideration of Big East POY honors alongside of Maddy. Kind of silly to allow our understandable biases to cloud a vision of reality that cannot be denied!

Reaction Score
Is she a senior? If so she’s going high in the draft…very high.
Maddy is a senior but I believe she has the‘Covid’ year if she wants it. As she is projected to be a mid -to-late first round pick, I assume she will declare for the draft this year. If she drops to late in the round whichever team picks her is getting a steal.

Reaction Score
As of right now, how many people expect us to win at Nova. I for one think we will lose by double digits.

Reaction Score
Amazing player: a silent assassin. Does any top-flight wcbb player have less of an affect than Seigrist? She rarely shows any emotion at all. Until I saw a recent photo of her, I didn't know she had teeth, so rarely does she smile.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Siegrist played just 32 minutes, too, and she had 10 rebounds. I was interested that Villanova had just four offensive rebounds vs. Seton Hall, but that figures since it didn't have many to chase after... LOL! The rest of the team shot 18 of 33.

From what I could find in the Big East media guide, Maddy broke the league scoring record by seven points. Angel McCoughtry of Providence had 43 in a 2009 game and Jaylyn Agnew of Creighton tied that in 2020.

Who knows what might transpire in years to come, but it's a good bet Maddy's record will be there for a while.

Well done, Maddy Siegrist!
I’m going out on my favorite limb and predict that Siegrist will be named the Big East player of the year. She’s the leading scorer in the country at 29.1 ppg, and.......she set a new conference career scoring record and a new single-game scoring record with this 50 point performance. When you set 2 conference records, it goes a long way toward being considered for conference POY.

Nykeisha Sales’ UConn single-game scoring record of 46 points against Stanford in 1997 has stood for 25 years. Not sure Siegrist’s new record will last that long. She broke the previous record of 43 held by two players, Angel McCaughtry (Louisville) in 2009, and Jaylyn Agnew (Creighton) who matched it in 2020. Maddy Siegrist is your Big East Player Of the Year.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Is she a senior? If so she’s going high in the draft…very high.
Top 3, maybe right after Boston. A question for anyone......assuming Boston decides not to play her Covid year and comes out as she is expected to, if you were a WNBA GM and had the first overall pick in the draft, who if anyone would you take over Boston? Keep in mind she was voted the NCAA POY last year. :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Top 3, maybe right after Boston. A question for anyone......assuming Boston decides not to play her Covid year and comes out as she is expected to, if you were a WNBA GM and had the first overall pick in the draft, who if anyone would you take over Boston? Keep in mind she was voted the NCAA POY last year. :rolleyes:
Projected at 11 in most recent mock drafts

Carnac

Reaction Score
Projected at 11 in most recent mock drafts

Something tells me that barring injury, Boston will have a long and prosperou$ career in women's professional basketball, in the WNBA and overseas. Because of her winning a national championship (soon to be two), and being voted the national POY for 2022, she will command more $$$ than your average player from America. She is a "marquee" player and a double-double machine. The same can be said for Maddy $iegrist. ;)

Reaction Score
Amazing player: a silent assassin. Does any top-flight wcbb player have less of an affect than Seigrist? She rarely shows any emotion at all. Until I saw a recent photo of her, I didn't know she had teeth, so rarely does she smile.
1676321379067.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom