Should Azzi Start over Caroline? | The Boneyard

Should Azzi Start over Caroline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wondering if Azzi should start over Caroline Its obvious that Azzi is the teams best three point shooter and the more minutes she plays the more opportunities she'll get shooting 3's. It seems when she comes off the bench it takes her awhile to get into the flow of the game, especially on defense. Azzi did miss a lot of shots today, but made up for it by making 7 of 9 three point shots. Today besides scoring 25 points, was Azzi's best game on defense. It seems if Geno wanted to start both Caroline and Azzi then Christyn Williams probably goes to the bench. IMO Nika is needed in the starting lineup as she does a good job running the offense and gets UConn into their transition game. Geno likes starting two post players and I would not sit one of them.

Would you start Azzi over Carolina or do you have a lineup where both would start?

Reaction Score
Jesus, I'm still mind boggled. Who cares who starts but Azzi, Caroline, CW, and Paige all should dominate the guard minutes. What is most exciting to me is that the strength at guard if Paige comes back strong enables Caroline as the 4 with Paige, CW and Azzi at 1,2 and 3. That stretches the floor big time. If the other team has strong rebounding go with ONO and Dorka in the lineup. Now we have lots of scoring coming off the bench for once. Lot's of it. No loss in talent even with the main subs in.

Reaction Score
What the h - - - has Caroline done since playing Creighton to warrant talking about taking her out of the starting lineup? She been our best player since Paige injury. Man do people even pay attention to the games. There’s other players who Fudd may start for, but it matters more who is playing at the end of games then who starts.

Reaction Score
Seeing as they don't play the same position, I don't see how this is a relevant question? In my eyes, Caroline took Evina's starting role at the 3. Maybe Azzi will take CWs starting role at the 2.

But no matter who starts, I'd guess both Caroline and Azzi will be on the court in crunch time.

Reaction Score
Who starts is irrelevant. There is no scenario where Paige, CD, CW and Azzi don't get major minutes. It will be nice to have fresh outstanding players rotating in and out. We have had a long stretch where the team was forced to have players in for 37 minutes or more, which isn't good for the players and team.

Reaction Score
What places this program consistently at the top...is that they recruit players who don't care enough to ask this. They come to win and elevate their games. If they wanted a guaranteed start....they would have chosen another program. Next question.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
What places this program consistently at the top...is that they recruit players who don't care enough to ask this. They come to win and elevate their games. If they wanted a guaranteed start....they would have chosen another program. Next question.
Luckily for most of us, they let anybody be a fan.

Reaction Score
Why would she start over Caroline? Maybe over Nika if you have to pick a current starter to sit, or Evina. I like the thought of having her come in as a sub besides, both Evina and Nika both do a lot for the team and deserve minutes. Let Azzi continue to acclimate and we'll see if this argument becomes even stronger.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Azzi should start in place of Chrystin. Let's get the Azzi and Caroline opening act going for when the headliner Paige comes back.
Next year. But for now, the line up the last few games are getting it done. ONO, Dorka, Nika, Christyn and Caroline. We know that line up works, so that is the starting point. Evina and Azzi will rotate in for the guard postions, with Allyah coming in for ONO, Dorka, and even Caroline. Of course, they are not coming in together, but one by one changing players will give Geno the chance to see who plays well together. This is something that he still has to work out, but as our newest go to players, Azzi and Caroline will still get plenty of minutes. This is now a chess match, and the grand master still has to meld these players together for the best combinations. He will do it, so it doesn't matter who starts, if they are playing well, they will get the most PT. He is the Elizabeth Harmon of WBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom