Shea Ralph | The Boneyard

Shea Ralph

Reaction Score
So, is the loss of Shea turning out to be a bigger deal than maybe we thought it would be? Hard to imagine that there would not be a significant impact, given the way that she played the game, and her many years of coaching experience. And already we see her impact on the Vandy program. I think that she, also, had an important role in recruiting a number of the present players. If so, perhaps had a close relationship with those players. I repeat myself, but how do you lose someone like Shea without there being some effect. And are we seeing that?

Reaction Score
the answer is 100% yes. Was it a coincidence the 2 games that they lost last season she wasn't there? Yes I'm aware that they have lost games with her in the past, but she just has a way of reaching players to me that is special. Morgan just not going to get the benefit of the doubt imo considering how she left Hartford, her record is not something to be proud of.

Reaction Score
So, is the loss of Shea turning out to be a bigger deal than maybe we thought it would be? Hard to imagine that there would not be a significant impact, given the way that she played the game, and her many years of coaching experience. And already we see her impact on the Vandy program. I think that she, also, had an important role in recruiting a number of the present players. If so, perhaps had a close relationship with those players. I repeat myself, but how do you lose someone like Shea without there being some effect. And are we seeing that?

Who knows? But like a few have stated, we had the same struggles last year with Shea being in their ears. Plus Morgan has a pretty solid resume and some hardware. Not like she is some lightweight. She got street cred. And the great Jamelle. Another impressive resume and legendary UConn status speaks for itself. It is only our 5th game of the young season. Players will get things figured out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Shea was something of a “guard whisperer” at UConn. Both Mo & Crystal were highly complementary of Shea’s ability to help them develop their respective games. Morgan is a great coach too, but as a recent HC, she might be more of a “big picture” coach.

Reaction Score
So, is the loss of Shea turning out to be a bigger deal than maybe we thought it would be?
Actually I thought it would have an impact and it has. That is not a slam on Morgan. I have no real idea how she is fitting in. Heck she still doesn't even have her picture on her web site bio. The problem is that there was a well oiled machine in the coaching staff that changed. Like team chemistry that will also take time to get the responsibilities and results polished. Any change takes time to mature. Same goes for the players. Every year there are new additions to the team. Some take longer than others to acclimate. As fans we have had a frustrating time in the last year not being able to see games in person or even practice video footage. Our fond memories of the beauty of past teams may be colored by time and expectations. In reality, no team was perfect in the early season and grew better over time into what we call UConn basketball. When UConn is good it is very very good. When it is not, from the many many teams I've watched so far this year, it is still better than the rest (OK SC was better for one quarter). I have faith that the team is not as bad as Geno says he thinks they are but will be as good as he hopes they will be.

Reaction Score
In other words, are you saying that Morgan doesn't know what she's doing?
Read her biography on the UConn Huskies site. Not chopped l

Actually I thought it would have an impact and it has. That is not a slam on Morgan. I have no real idea how she is fitting in. Heck she still doesn't even have her picture on her web site bio. The problem is that there was a well oiled machine in the coaching staff that changed. Like team chemistry that will also take time to get the responsibilities and results polished. Any change takes time to mature. Same goes for the players. Every year there are new additions to the team. Some take longer than others to acclimate. As fans we have had a frustrating time in the last year not being able to see games in person or even practice video footage. Our fond memories of the beauty of past teams may be colored by time and expectations. In reality, no team was perfect in the early season and grew better over time into what we call UConn basketball. When UConn is good it is very very good. When it is not, from the many many teams I've watched so far this year, it is still better than the rest (OK SC was better for one quarter). I have faith that the team is not as bad as Geno says he thinks they are but will be as good as he hopes they will be.
Well thought out comments. Thanks. I certainly did not mean to slam Morgan, either.

Reaction Score
Shea was something of a “guard whisperer” at UConn. Both Mo & Crystal were highly complementary of Shea’s ability to help them develop their respective games. Morgan is a great coach too, but as a recent HC, she might be more of a “big picture” coach.
Insightful!!
I love Morgan and her sister but most MORGAN. Wonderful young women tough player.
Yet, Shea from the moment she walked on court she was SHEA, she ruled that team, (Sue was Capt), but Shea most often was the boss.
I have never seen a man (against men) or a Woman against women) tougher than SHEA. Pound for pound inch for inch tough all over. MENTAL and physically tough. She and Sveta as a team took on way too many boys 2 on 2. That set back Svets leg a bit. Shea had how man ACL issues? More than we know because Shea want to play and wanted to lead. Did I mention I like every thing Shea??
Coaching, again tough yet she knew how to relate with kids,., young women.\
We cannot forget she learned at the Masters knee. But the grasshoppers (students) often take the masters teachings and improvise making it better.
I will not be the one to throw Geno out to pasture--not for 10 more years and when he wants to go. What he has forgotten will fill more volumes than Storrs has room for. Say all the negatives I can think about Geno those words will NEVER erase the greatness he has made Uconn Womens Basketball for 30 plus year (AMAZING). the dent in Basketball as College and olympic game. John Wooden was great but he will never go down in BB history with the WINs (of all venues in BB) that Geno has.. Thanks Geno, you made MY School known!!
Oldude, I like your style..

Reaction Score
Who knows? But like a few have stated, we had the same struggles last year with Shea being in their ears. Plus Morgan has a pretty solid resume and some hardware. Not like she is some lightweight. She got street cred. And the great Jamelle. Another impressive resume and legendary UConn status speaks for itself. It is only our 5th game of the young season. Players will get things figured out.

Reaction Score
Coaches are as good as the talent/players they have to work with. That is why PAIGE is the Star. She needs minimal work. Rankings don't always cross over into greatness or even good at the college level. Geno and CD have extremely high standards for everything from BB to speaking, to dress codes for he kids they bring in. There are only so many minute of practice and you cannot undo 12 or more years of lack of fundamentals, BBIQ, bad teachings. Geno, Shea, Morgan, CD, etc have to try every day to meet YOUR expectations, and like MINE they are huge for UConn WBB team.

Reaction Score
the answer is 100% yes. Was it a coincidence the 2 games that they lost last season she wasn't there? Yes I'm aware that they have lost games with her in the past, but she just has a way of reaching players to me that is special. Morgan just not going to get the benefit of the doubt imo considering how she left Hartford, her record is not something to be proud of.
...was it a coincidence Chris Dailey is undefeated when coaching the team without Geno?

seinfeld jackie GIF

Reaction Score
In other words, are you saying that Morgan doesn't know what she's doing?
Read her biography on the UConn Huskies site. Not chopped liver...
I read her record as a head coach too.

Reaction Score
This is Morgan's 9th job in 15 years. She has loads of experience!
reminder that when people say why a player has multiple teams in cbb we say they are a problem. Do we have the same standard for coaches going stop to stop?

Reaction Score
When Geno hangs ‘em up, Shea’s phone will ring.

Reaction Score
Shea’s not leaving a Head Coaching job in a P5 conference to return to UConn. Not happening. When Geno hangs them up, UConn WBB will most likely go the way of La Tech unless UConn somehow gets into a P5 conference.

Reaction Score
Shea’s not leaving a Head Coaching job in a P5 conference to return to UConn. Not happening. When Geno hangs them up, UConn WBB will most likely go the way of La Tech unless UConn somehow gets into a P5 conference.
I think Moseley is being groomed as the future head coach. Her recruiting is also a factor.

Reaction Score
P5 or not, when you are offered the top job in the wbb’s most storied franchise, you say yes. That would change only if Shea turns Vandy into a consistent top five program.

Reaction Score
P5 or not, when you are offered the top job in the wbb’s most storied franchise, you say yes. That would change only if Shea turns Vandy into a consistent top five program.
there's more to life than a "storied Job" is it a storied job once Geno leaves? Nebraska football says hi, Tenn football says hi. Nashville is a great city to live and have her family there. Why would she want to move back to Storrs CT? She can build her own program at Vanderbilt.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Hi Shea! What’s up? Oh nothing much. I had some spare time so I thought I’d give you a ring”

51BA9565-474C-4F75-ACB2-EB6FE3984DFE.jpeg

Reaction Score
We all miss Shea but Vandy with her husband … too good to pass up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom