Shea Ralph | The Boneyard

Shea Ralph

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Nice interview on" VandyMania" with Shea Ralph. She talks about recruiting, influence of Geno, and her expectations of this years team. I don't know how to get this podcast on this site, so just go on Vandy Mania and you will be able to listen. She sounds very happy to be there and I am wishing her great success for this season.

Reaction Score
While I initially thought due to her baby this was an unusual move, Shea seems relaxed and confident. Normally a very intense person in a positive way, predict good things will happen to Vandy's recruiting efforts and her career.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The plan in my brain: Shea experiences great success at Vandy and, after a few years, returns triumphant to Storrs and takes over the reins. (There aren't many reasons a person would prefer to work in Storrs than Nashville, but I can think of at least one).

Reaction Score
The plan in my brain: Shea experiences great success at Vandy and, after a few years, returns triumphant to Storrs and takes over the reins. (There aren't many reasons a person would prefer to work in Storrs than Nashville, but I can think of at least one).
I know that Shea taking over for Geno sounds like a logical procession. I'm going to disagree if...

IF Shea can get Vanderbilt turned into a top 20 team, challenge for the SEC championship every year, and successfully recruit a couple of top players each year, then I think she should stay. It would be a program she built. She (or anyone) might never get get out of Geno's overwhelming shadow and legend. Many coaches think the grass is greener, but making that move can be a mistake. No one has a crystal ball. Vanderbilt will give her everything she needs, and Nashville is booming, a great place to live and recruit players to.

If Shea is not successful in Nashville she would not be considered for UConn anyhow. I hope she does well.

Reaction Score
Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Reaction Score
Oh, but it's not about Shea, in my brain, it's about the continued GLORY of the Huskies. I want a youngish, vibrant, successful coach- preferably female- to take over from Geno, and make UCONN the WCB program that did not falter.

Reaction Score
My money is on Doug Elrod. Mastermind and availability is key!

• Haha
Reactions: THC

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Don't overlook Curt Miller, the Connecticut Sun coach who was just named WNBA Coach of the Year. If he takes the Sun to a WNBA title this year and maybe one more time before Geno retires, he will have the best resume of all the possible contenders.

Reaction Score
A cook uses what ever ingredients he has to prepare a meal

A master chef carefully chooses his ingredients and them prepares a National Championship caliber meal.

Geno is a master chef

Reaction Score
Don't overlook Curt Miller, the Connecticut Sun coach who was just named WNBA Coach of the Year. If he takes the Sun to a WNBA title this year and maybe one more time before Geno retires, he will have the best resume of all the possible contenders.
I think a Pro coach would most likely be a big mistake. My prediction would be Berube, Shea, Moseley?, Banghart, and (maybe) Taurasi! I think one of those five will be offered the job when Geno retires.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I think a Pro coach would most likely be a big mistake. My prediction would be Berube, Shea, Moseley?, Banghart, and (maybe) Taurasi! I think one of those five will be offered the job when Geno retires.
DT is too good to be a coach...hahaha

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sue Bird has turned thumbs down on the idea of her ever living in Connecticut and it was in the context of a question about coming back to coach. She said this at least a few years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Despite what many here think about living in Eastern CT it is not among the favorites of many UConn players. Putting that aside, why would SEC or ACC coaches, especially from two prestige schools like UNC & Vandi want to give up secure positions to be the one who follows a legend? Brand loyalty is fine for fans but when it's your career at stake why move from a P-5 school to a mid-major conference?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Do you mind saying why a pro coach would be a mistake? Just because two or three have not been successful in college? Those were very different cases.

In Coach Miller's case, he has college experience both as an assistant and as a head coach. And he obviously has no problem with living in Eastern Connecticut.

Or is this about the fact that he has no UConn connection? Or maybe that he is a gay man?

Reaction Score
Sue Bird has turned thumbs down on the idea of her ever living in Connecticut and it was in the context of a question about coming back to coach. She said this at least a few years ago.

I think Sue has a place in Greenwich. So hey...ya never know!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Curt Miller's last job in WCBB at IU did not go well. No way he wants the UConn job or that he would ever be considered for the UConn job. He is very well suited for the pro game and his success speaks to that.

Reaction Score
Truthfully I along with any other of the numerous experts on this forum would be awesome! I mean we already know who should start, how much playing time, we need more bigs and more aggressive guards, not to mention that high school girl the reminds whats her name. Geno call me when you’re ready to make room for real coaches!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom