OT: - Shea gets her first SEC tournament win | The Boneyard

OT: Shea gets her first SEC tournament win

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can remember earlier in the season that the pundits were talking about Tennessee, LSU, Flordia, SC, and Texas as a good win over A&M. I wonder if this will have any bearing on the committee? Naw, it's not UConn and the Big East.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I know her team's record isn't great, but if Ralph was in a different conference I'd think she'd be a contender for SEC Coach of the Year. She's done a fabulous job this year.

Side note--the SEC is sort of a weird conundrum of coaches this year where you have a 3 legitimate NCOY of the year contenders (Staley, Finley, Mulkey), other overachievers (Ralph, Coach Yo), underachievers (Blair, Elzy, Neighbors) a few with mixed results (Harper, Harris, Taylor, Pingeton).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I thought 10 wins would be a successful year for Shea — 14 is great.

It could get harder next year as she graduates some key seniors (Cambridge and Alexander) who decided to stick it out for their final year. Possible talent gap until she gets her recruits up to speed

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cambridge had a triple double.. Ony second time ever in SEC tournament play

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I thought 10 wins would be a successful year for Shea — 14 is great.

It could get harder next year as she graduates some key seniors (Cambridge and Alexander) who decided to stick it out for their final year. Possible talent gap until she gets her recruits up to speed
Cambridge is coming back for her covid year as a grad student. Also two members of the SEC all freshman team in Moore and Sacha Washington. She'll gain a bit of size with her 2022 recruit Amauri Williams and a pretty good guard in Ryanne Allen. Both are 4 star recruits.

Also during the discussion of the SEC Coach of the year Andra mentioned that Shea deserved consideration.

I do wonder what Jaloni thinks of what's happening at her sister's school.

Reaction Score
Cambridge is coming back for her covid year as a grad student. Also two members of the SEC all freshman team in Moore and Sacha Washington. She'll gain a bit of size with her 2022 recruit Amauri Williams and a pretty good guard in Ryanne Allen. Both are 4 star recruits.

Also during the discussion of the SEC Coach of the year Andra mentioned that Shea deserved consideration.

I do wonder what Jaloni thinks of what's happening at her sister's school.
Oh Cambrdige coming back is huge.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
First SEC Tourney win for Vandy in 6 years!

Reaction Score
If you get a chance to see Vandy women on TV, take a few minutes. Not very talented, but a fun team to watch. Shea has them playing at full speed the entire game, taking chances on defense few other teams would consider. If Shea can pick up 2+ solid shooters next year, they will make a lot of noise next year.

Reaction Score
I have watched bits and pieces of games all year. They have really improved over the year, especially defensively. This SEC had a number of coaches who could have been considered; Dawn of course, Mulkey did a great job, Finley at Fla, Coach Yo at Ole Miss didn’t make the NCAA tourn last year and they ended up in 4th in the league, and Shea. The SEC is a physical, defensive League and sometimes newcomers have to learn that. Shea’s team was much more aggressive and physical yesterday than they were earlier. Its a fun conference to follow and play in.

Reaction Score
Congrats, Coach Ralph and the Vandy WBB program. Pretty impressive year for Coach Ralph and her program. Given to how competitive that SEC WBB conference is, Coach Ralph did a great job this year. Something to build on for next season and over the summer.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
No lie.

1646446975469.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members