Shaka Smart Rumor | The Boneyard

Shaka Smart Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
lol i know but i thought i should post it. Thats why I put rumor in the headline and said I dont know how accurate this is. But the kid knows the chicago area well and prolly knows whats going on with the Illinois job.

Reaction Score
Ill take the under and parlay the 12 hour follow up that Shaka dismisses the rumor.

Reaction Score
lol i know but i thought i should post it. Thats why I put rumor in the headline and said I dont know how accurate this is. But the kid knows the chicago area well and prolly knows whats going on with the Illinois job.
nah it's cool. i was was commenting on the feeding frenzy this will become here, not your decision to post.

Reaction Score
Shaka Smart would be the best possible hire if available when Calhoun hangs it up. I love Ollie, but this guy is a proven successful head coach and I love how his teams play. UConn would be doing an incredible disservice to the program if they do not look outside the family.

Reaction Score
The up-tempo, and strong focus on defense that shaka preaches is exactly how college basketball should be. It's extremely entertaining and successful.

Reaction Score
If we were to hire from outside the program after Calhoun retires, Smart would absolutely be one of the best choices. That being said, I don't want Calhoun to retire anytime soon.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I can't loss the link from my phone. What is the rumor?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
he also agreed with someone's tweet that the IL job is better than the UConn job, lol
Illinois men's basketball may well be the ultimate what should be job in sports. They should be able to put together a quality team without really trying and dominate with a reasonable effort. Somehow nothing has ever worked for more than a stray few seasons here and there.

Reaction Score
I can't loss the link from my phone. What is the rumor?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

"Heard from a reliable source today that Shaka Smart doesn't even want the illinois job.. he thinks if he waits a year UConn job will open up"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Shaka is at the top of my wish list of realistic replacements. I hope the rumor is true.

Reaction Score
the 'early' off season sux, well at least we have something to reply to, even if it is a waste of time.

Reaction Score
The fact that somebody even thinks that bodes well for our program. I think our biggest fear about the post-Calhoun era is that the coaching job won't be seen as a significant step up from any generic, power-conference position.

That tweet says to me that people think UConn >> Illinois.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Most of the tweeting and message board posts I've seen think that Illinois >> UConn as a job due to our postseason ban and people thinking coaches won't want to be the guy that replaces a legend. People seem to think that money (what a shock) would entice coaches to Illinois over us because Illinois is in a conference that makes more money allowing for, obviously, a greater atheletics budget.

Reaction Score
they are offering around $2.5 million a year...woahhhhhh...we def would not pay him that much...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I could bet the over on # of pages... and then write post after post, right? PROFIT!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
they are offering around $2.5 million a year...woahhhhhh...we def would not pay him that much...

If we wanted him we would. We already pay our coach that much so it wouldn't be a shock to the budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom