Shaheen Holloway to Louisville? | The Boneyard

Shaheen Holloway to Louisville?

Reaction Score
Knowing Louisville fans, they would absolutely hate this hire. No way this actually happens, right?

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a good fit for Louisville right now. They need a guy with a proven track record of winning in March. Despite the potential that Holloway has shown, it would still be a huge gamble for them to hire him. Sean Miller or a guy like Musselman make the most sense for them imo.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
There'd be armed revolt if UL hired Holloway.
Can someone give the background on why UL would hate this move?

Not enough of a track record? Or something more I am missing?

Reaction Score
Can someone give the background on why UL would hate this move?

Not enough of a track record? Or something more I am missing?
Louisville is a storied program that has been at the absolute rock bottom of college basketball for years now. Their fans are dying to get back to relevancy and want a guy with a proven track record that can win consistently in March (Miller, Musselman, Beard, etc.), not a guy that hasn't accomplished much of anything yet in his career except a miracle E8 run. They want guaranteed results in the immediate future and they would get that with the guys I mentioned. No guarantee of success if they hire Holloway.

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
Louisville is a storied program that has been at the absolute rock bottom of college basketball for years now. Their fans are dying to get back to relevancy and want a guy with a proven track record that can win consistently in March (Miller, Musselman, Beard, etc.), not a guy that hasn't accomplished much of anything yet in his career except a miracle E8 run. They want guaranteed results in the immediate future and they would get that with the guys I mentioned. No guarantee of success if they hire Holloway.
Okay. That’s what I figured. Just wasn’t sure if I was missing some back story on on Shaheen and Lville.

Reaction Score
NIL is very bad at Seton Hall, but Sha has not shown the ability to recruit. Maybe he will with more resources, but remains to be seen. It would be a gamble, because he has not made the tournament with Seton Hall level recruits

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
kim kardashian love GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

watching the downfall of louisville and a poverty church leaguer

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If Bryce Drew wins another game, they’d need to look at him.

Reaction Score
I like Shaheen but this seems like a premature move for him hope he sticks around a couple more years and then maybe moves to a big job unfortunately don't think he'd be successful there at this stage of his career

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a good fit for Louisville right now. They need a guy with a proven track record of winning in March. Despite the potential that Holloway has shown, it would still be a huge gamble for them to hire him. Sean Miller or a guy like Musselman make the most sense for them imo.
He made it to the elite eight with St. Peter’s

Reaction Score
It wouldn’t surprise me if there were some ulterior motives behind Goodman pushing this story.

JonnyRI

Reaction Score
kim kardashian love GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

watching the downfall of louisville and a poverty church leaguer
Halloway has won more Tourney games at St Peter’s than the 5th best team in Ohio has won in what, 20 years? More?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This seems like a horrible match. I think Shaheen has a lot of potential as a coach, but you’re taking a real leap of faith with a guy that really hasn’t shown he knows how to coach a high major offense. Trying to get a fan base to buy into a northeastern guy without any real high major success and a boring style of basketball is a tall order. I was intrigued with the idea of Kelsey from CofC, though he doesn’t seem to have any idea how to coach defense.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Not a great match for either parties. Sha needs some more seasoning ... culturally... It's like saying Hurley is a fit for Kentucky. I know Pitino worked at both places, but Long Island is different than Jersey City or Queens.

Reaction Score
Shortly after Sanfancisco‘s victory over Kentucky, the Golden Grizzlies website crashed with t-shirt orders from Louisville zip codes.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Seton Hall refuses to explore NIL options and are the worst in the Big East at it. Wouldn’t surprise me if he left sooner or later.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom