Shade Not In The Shade | The Boneyard

Shade Not In The Shade

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I hope she is able to get minutes in a crowded backcourt. Seems like a glue type player.

Ashlynn will often be compared to Kelly Faris - similar in size, midwest background, intensity, fitness, court sense, mindset - Ashlynn seems more polished offensively at this point in their careers though.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I hope she is able to get minutes in a crowded backcourt. Seems like a glue type player.

Ashlynn will often be compared to Kelly Faris - similar in size, midwest background, intensity, fitness, court sense, mindset - Ashlynn seems more polished offensively at this point in their careers though.
If we keep Kelly's coach dad away from her Ashlynn will keep shooting, from everywhere, unlike Kelly, who body checked her own career by her reticence to shoot until well into her senior year. We all love Kelly's defense and team attitude, but I regard her offense as a Geno coaching failure.

Reaction Score
Great video and it tells a lot about Ashlynn. Ashlynn is a PURE basketball warrior and will bleed BLUE for 4 years at Uconn. We are looking at another Possible AA and candidate for the Husky Wall. The potential of this 23-24 team is unlimited and their success will be mind boggling. I am now officially 90 years old and am looking forward to watching this team create a most wonderful season for this year and many more to come. GO TEAM!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
Seems like a glue type player.
As a guard with the mid-range and post up game, she reminds me of Grace Berger. Her handles aren't quite as good at this point, but I feel Ashlynn will be a better 3 point shooter and defender.
Glue? This girl is epoxy. You could fix a cracked engine block with the way she plays.

You know who else has a great midrange game? Ms. Buckets! Geno knows exactly how to use a player with this kind of game. She doesn’t have the twitchy quick first step of KK, and that’s exactly how she’s similar to Grace Berger. They’re both very well trained. No wasted movements. No need for that twitchy first step.

I watched a ton of her Noblesville HS games and the first thing you notice is that she plays a one-woman full court press for entire games! She has incredible physical conditioning and stamina. She’s as fresh at the end of games as everyone else is at the beginning.

The second thing you notice is that she is absolutely the go-to player every second she’s on the floor. She is absolutely used to having everyone count on her to do whatever awesome thing is necessary to win. In this respect too, she’s a lot like Paige.

One last thing, and this came more from watching her play in the all star games last summer. The competition tends to be taller than what she saw playing everyday HS games. She looked small in those games. When you read about her, you half expect her to be 8’ tall. But she’s only 5’9”, maybe scraping 5’10”. And when she still scored and rebounded in those games, you realize exactly how strong and scrappy she really is. She’s like Nika-level fierce with even more muscles. In this respect, too, we will notice her very quickly, probably sooner than KK and Q. Her skills and personality is more D1 ready. There’s more moving parts for a pg to master which why it may take KK longer to make an impact.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
New release on Ashlynn:

Bingo!!! The fact that she comes to UConn with no prior injuries is HUGE!!! I think that of all of the players on this year's roster, Ashlyn has received fewer flowers than anyone. The summer spotlight has seldom shone on her. As Jelly Bean suggested.....I also think Ashlyn WLL BE an X factor and a wild card for us this year. She will be a luxury coming off the bench that Geno did not have last year.

She'll be ready to go that first game in November. It will be interesting to see how many minutes she gets (per game) in the first two months of the season. I like a lot of things about Ashlyn. One of them being SHE'S NOT a magician. No disappearing acts for her. She'll be ready to go and show up for every game ready to "get after it." ;) I wonder how long it will be before she has HER breakout game? :rolleyes: Thanks for this video, Rocky.

Reaction Score
I still think she's a hidden Jackie Stiles. At Uconn a role player but still a coming star. Her skills are and will be irresistable. I predict that she'll be a leader on the court by junior year. And she wants to be a Uconn great!!!!!!!

Reaction Score

If she's like Faris then that's a disappointment. The expectation is for her to be a knockdown shooter and a threat offensively which Faris was not she was more a player who did the little things to help championship teams win. We are trying to become a championship team again and we need Shade to be a weapon..Nika and Aubrey already do the little things.

Reaction Score
If she's like Faris then that's a disappointment. The expectation is for her to be a knockdown shooter and a threat offensively which Faris was not she was more a player who did the little things to help championship teams win. We are trying to become a championship team again and we need Shade to be a weapon..Nika and Aubrey already do the little things.

Sorry, but I never thought I would see the words “Kelly Farris” and “disappointment” in the same sentence.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I never thought I would see the words “Kelly Farris” and “disappointment” in the same sentence.
Not to worry, she is everything you loved about Kelly Faris (as I did as well), plus an insane amount of added determination and a whole lot of skill. I loved watching Kelly Faris, but Ashlynn Shade is a different animal altogether.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
As I wrote the day Ashlyn announcer her intention to become a Husky, in the next couple of years I believed then and I still do that she will become the face of the Husky's. A tall order with a slew of talent Geno will have at his disposal. If not the face, an important cog in the wheel of our juggernaut Husky team.

Reaction Score
Not to worry, she is everything you loved about Kelly Faris (as I did as well), plus an insane amount of added determination and a whole lot of skill. I loved watching Kelly Faris, but Ashlynn Shade is a different animal altogether.

I look forward to seeing Shade be a Husky. But if you had to select one husky player to represent what the UConn program is about, Kelly Faris might be that player.

Reaction Score
I still think she's a hidden Jackie Stiles. At Uconn a role player but still a coming star. Her skills are and will be irresistable. I predict that she'll be a leader on the court by junior year. And she wants to be a Uconn great!!!!!!!
I love Jackie Stiles' Highlights..... grit and detemination! GO ASHLYNN! GO HUSKIES!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
uh-oh... :eek:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I want to know what happens when Nika and Ashlynn do their first chest bump of the season.:rolleyes: The Gampel faithful might have to cover their ears from the sound of those two coming together.:oops: Wonder if Geno or CD have already told those two NO Chest bumping between you two.Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom