Shabazz | The Boneyard

Shabazz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love that kid. And his box score tonight is fairly amazing leading the team in scoring, rebounding, assist and steals. I am so happy to just be able to watch him play at least one more game.

That being said, there is something wrong with him. The bounce is not there, he seems slowed, sapped, somehow tired. Also he is always pulling at his tapped finger. It seems the season has really taken a physical toll on him. I know he had enough in overtime, but if this team is going where I hope it can go he needs to be able to bring it with energy for more extended periods of play.

He could have taken that st joe's freshman off the dribble anytime he wanted, but it honestly look to me like he was on energy conservation mode. Clearly he know what he is doing, they won. But man I wish he had the legs to go full bore for 36 min (or whatever he averages this season).

I hope he has it in him to unleash full furry on Nova Saturday.

I will miss him terribly next year.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he is hurt or his body is just wearing out over the course of a season, but he has looked flat the past couple weeks. That being said, he is still an absolute warrior and I always want him out there. Man, if he ever finds his shot again this team will be so dangerous

Reaction Score
I don't know if he is hurt or his body is just wearing out over the course of a season, but he has looked flat the past couple weeks. That being said, he is still an absolute warrior and I always want him out there. Man, if he ever finds his shot again this team will be so dangerous

Agreed. His shot has looked flat. He really had to grind out there tonight. Really glad he was able to make it happen at the end. But he didnt look very good for most of the game.

I'm praying he returns to form. Wij the supporting cast picking it up we can really make a run if he can get back to shooting like he was for most of the year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Totally agree with all of the above. Was thinking the same the entire game. I was surprised at his final numbers because it certainly didn't look like a dominant performance from him.

Reaction Score
Agreed. His shot has looked flat. He really had to grind out there tonight. Really glad he was able to make it happen at the end. But he didnt look very good for most of the game.

I'm praying he returns to form. Wij the supporting cast picking it up we can really make a run if he can get back to shooting like he was for most of the year.

I totally agree, if he has a few hot shooting nights, no team would want to face this group

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The entire announcing crew absolutely missed what may have been the most important story line of the night. Bazz's OT record. As soon as it looked likely that regulation might end with a tie, they should have been talking about what Mr. Napier has done in OT over his career.

Reaction Score
He's putting more mustard on his shot and it's not getting enough air.

Reaction Score
I agree with Bazz being off a bit even with 20+ points. He had TWO critical turnovers late in the game that I was sure was going to come back and bite us. Thank god we recovered.......

Reaction Score
I don't get how Bazz can look off and ragged since pretty much the 2nd Temple game(the Rutgers game being the exception), can be constantly looking at his hand, and you never hear a peep from the beat writers about it. They might not have the same viewpoint we have on TV, but I'd imagine they would have to notice the hand thing once since he's been doing it ever since the home Cincy game. Maybe Bazz wouldn't cop to an injury because players don't like to, but can they address it or ask him about it?? When Tom Brady was obviously off his game, NE beat writers at least brought the subject of his hand up even if they knew they were going to be brushed off. Our beat writers are oblivious to what all the fans can see, they probably already have baseball on their minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom