Shabazz to Portland | The Boneyard

Shabazz to Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is Brian Roberts a free agent? This is potentially a nice spot for him to show something as a backup.

Reaction Score
He's going from an organization who have by and large failed to get guards to reach their full potential to one that has been excellent at it.

I hope Shabazz rediscovers his stroke in this high powered guard-based offense. Playing with Lillard and McCollum will be nothing but great for his chances of developing into an NBA caliber player.

Reaction Score
From the handful of games that I've watched of his over his NBA career, Shabazz needs to get his confidence back. Too much dribbling without purpose, passing up shots that he should take, making lazy passes. All marks of someone that doesn't seem sure of themselves on the court.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm just glad he's away from the fanbase. They're brutal to him.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is now listed on Portland's summer league roster. They play today at 4:00 on NBA-TV. I really hope he kills it.

Reaction Score
All marks of someone that doesn't seem sure of themselves on the court.

Not sure if it is chicken or egg, but he shot much worse this season. Hard to have confidence when you aren't stroking it. 32% from 3 and not much better from 2.

Reaction Score
Shabazz is very fortunate 'Bron sent that Tweet and Miami thought it would help keeping him. To date he's been awful and teams have passed on him. Hopefully be finds a niche in Portland or he'll be out of the league. Never thought he was NBA quick enough, but surprised how bad of a shooter he's become. I think the NBA close outs are so fast he can't get comfortable in the offense.

From the handful of games that I've watched of his over his NBA career, Shabazz needs to get his confidence back. Too much dribbling without purpose, passing up shots that he should take, making lazy passes. All marks of someone that doesn't seem sure of themselves on the court.

Reaction Score
I think the Heat ruined him. When he played well, he sat the next game. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Word got out Spoelstra just didn't like his style and that was the end of confident Bazz. I've seen Bazz miss wide open shots one after the other the last two years. It isn't the defense, he just lost his mojo in Miami.

Portland will nurture him more and try and restore him mentally. They think they can do it. If they can, they'll have gotten another good player for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom