SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like Gibbs is a different situation. Our insiders caught wind that him and his father were in contact with KO about possibly transferring in, so clearly his comments were to avoid tampering charges or whatever, but he was going to UConn regardless. Diallo seems like he doesn't like tht everyone assumes he's going to UConn because of its local vacinity and his friend Diarra being there, so much so that he's made it a point to say he's not a UConn lean. Anyway this is all conjecture and let's just be happy for our pther commit today.

Sterling Gibbs didn't care about tampering charges. He cared about his photoshopped picture of him in a UConn jersey. He wanted to announce on his own terms rather than have a bunch of recruiting reporters scoop his story. Ninety percent of these kids have the same mindset.

Reaction Score
Even if we don't get Diallo, I'll still be able to sleep at night. With Gilbert committing, the lineup without Diallo would be Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Diarra, and Enoch which is pretty damn good. Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE Diallo in a husky uniform but we can still be very good without him.

Reaction Score
Man, we just can't be happy! AG today and we open the spigots of worry. We have a great coach, great facilities and THE Superior tradition over the last decade. Will we ever just lighten up a bit and enjoy the sunshine?

Reaction Score
Even if we don't get Diallo, I'll still be able to sleep at night. With Gilbert committing, the lineup without Diallo would be Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Diarra, and Enoch which is pretty damn good. Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE Diallo in a husky uniform but we can still be very good without him.
Facey and Brimah would be the starting 4 and 5 in this scenario. Diarra is going to need time to develop.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Adolph Rupp and Dean Smith can't say it. (you know, cause they're dead)

Reaction Score
Facey and Brimah would be the starting 4 and 5 in this scenario. Diarra is going to need time to develop.

Yeah you're right. But still, a lineup with Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Facey, and Brimah is still very very good. I actually think Facey falls behind Miller's shadow this year but for his senior season I think he's going to explode.

Reaction Score
Yeah you're right. But still, a lineup with Gilbert, Adams, Larrier, Facey, and Brimah is still very very good. I actually think Facey falls behind Miller's shadow this year but for his senior season I think he's going to explode.

If Rodney stays or even DHam it will be Gilbert, Adams, Purvis, Larrier/DHam and Brimah. Or it could be Adams, Purvis, Larrier, Enoch and Brimah - good news is they will have depth.

Reaction Score
Diallo is expected to go up against Class of 2016 shooting guard Markelle Fultz, who ranks No. 23, on Wednesday night when the camp is open to college coaches and the public. The 6-foot-4 Fultz at one point was linked to UConn, but the Huskies appear to have cooled on him in recent months.

should be a good measuring stick to see if he can contend with elite '16 guards

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Fultz was "linked" to UConn?

Well, he reportedly has an UConn offer. No indication that he was actually being recruited seriously though.

Reaction Score
@aceboon i'm not sure, but thats according to paxton. maybe he just meant 'linked' as in 'offered'

Reaction Score
@aceboon i'm not sure, but thats according to paxton. maybe he just meant 'linked' as in 'offered'

based on Paxton's articles from last year on recruiting then I'm sure he probably misspoke. I was aware of the offer but the two schools I've heard mentioned the most with Fultz are Louisville and Zona.

Reaction Score
Yea. No shot Diarra is starting next season at the 4 over a senior Facey or a sophomore Enoch.

Agreed. Facey and Brimah will both be starting their senior years. Diarra and Enoch will fill their roles once they are gone.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Not a fan of his attitude/demeanor. Still a great player and I want to sign him.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
He's very clearly trying to rip up any indication that he's a UConn lean, not a bad strategy to keep other coaches interested and bring in more offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom