Seton Hall player: Lauren Park-Lane | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall player: Lauren Park-Lane

Reaction Score
She played great but she threw up a few prayers that went in also .. very quick and has surprising hops ..

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Keep an eye on Lauren Park-Lane. We know from Crystal Dangerfield's play, that being 5'6" isn't necessarily a liability. Lauren is a sophomore and had a career-high 29 points tonight. She made All-State in Delaware 4 times. She also made All-Conference 5 times. You know who else made All-Conference in Delaware 5 times? Elena Delle Donne. Lauren also made the Big East All-Academic team as a freshman.

Remember when Geno said that Moriah Jefferson looked like an escapee from the 8th grade her freshman year at his annual golf tournament? Well IMO, so does Lauren Park-Lane. She's tiny. But boy is she fun to watch. She's listed at 5'6", but I think that's a stretch. She's fearless, not afraid to shoot, and is "cat" quick. UConn could not stop her. Neither can anyone else. SHE CAN PLAY!!! I remember her from last year. We get to watch her for two more years. She is their "go to" player. She will be their leading scorer. She took 20 shots in this game, and made 9 of 10 FT. I like her!!! :)

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
She also took at least seven more shots. But she was hard for UConn to guard. They needed her to shoot that often.
Park-Lane is a quick player and caused problems for sure. She made 9 of twenty from the floor. But 9 of ten from the charity stripe. The refs were too protective of her when she went to hoop all out of control and off balance though. Drew fouls that were just crap calls. But she was a handful for sure. She took advantage of the situation to get us in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
She gives me major Morgan William vibes and because of that, I don't like her. Haaaaaa

In all seriousness though, sometimes being that small can help you if you're that quick. We lost her a lot tonight, especially in the first half, and she torched us. I mean, she is so tiny, yet so athletic, that it's easy to lose her.

No joke, ubart. That annoying little Morgan cost us a NC. The Miss. St. loss put us out of the tourney, and paved the way for SC to win. UConn had beaten the Gamecocks on their court that season by 18 points, and we would have been heavy favorites to win it all but for that little woman. It might be noted that Napheesa Collier missed blocking William's shot by mere inches. Ugh.
'Pheesa and Lou won the NC in Stewie's last year but not afterward. Many of us thought the team was a shoo-in the last 2 seasons of the high-scoring duo's tenure. But first Morgan and then the much reviled Arike broke our hearts with last-minute heroics. Ugh, again.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
How much time would she get for the Huskies? Nice player but would not beat out any of the top four for minutes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How much time would she get for the Huskies? Nice player but would not beat out any of the top four for minutes.
How can you say that? She was the 2nd best player on the floor. And she has self-confidence. She would get plenty of time for UConn.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
How can you say that? She was the 2nd best player on the floor. And she has self-confidence. She would get plenty of time for UConn.
Size mainly. Williams, Bueckers, Westbrook and Muhl are all much bigger. In addition, Geno did not do anything special in the first half to stop her. Mainly man. UConn could not handle her off the dribble but weak side help was unusually absent. Plus, she got some phantom calls. Finally, I am not sure she could guard any of the four I mentioned. She would be a liability because of her size.

Reaction Score
If she’s 5’6”, I’m 5’6”...

And I’m 5’1” with shoes.

That being said, she played her ass off tonight. A lot of talent and heart in that little body.
She was and IS the real deal, able to avoid the bigs and create legitimate offense. She could have helped US last night, particularly when our open six footers couldn't make a fifteen footer (not including Page).

Reaction Score
The UCONN defense seemed really poor at times. Park-Lane scored a lot of points, because nobody wanted to guard her on a number of plays. I think she was really good, but UCONN made her look great.

Reaction Score
Size mainly. Williams, Bueckers, Westbrook and Muhl are all much bigger. In addition, Geno did not do anything special in the first half to stop her. Mainly man. UConn could not handle her off the dribble but weak side help was unusually absent. Plus, she got some phantom calls. Finally, I am not sure she could guard any of the four I mentioned. She would be a liability because of her size.

We'll see at the end of this year, but right now Westbrook is still finding her way back into competitive play and Muhl looks lost and couldn't guard her.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
As she showed, quickness can negate the size of the player guarding you.

Her pizza place in West Hartford - Park Lane pizza is only adequate though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Size mainly. Williams, Bueckers, Westbrook and Muhl are all much bigger.
Bigger but the last two aren't better. Not even close. Would you make similar comments about the Rizz or Mo Jeff?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Bigger but the last two aren't better. Not even close. Would you make similar comments about the Rizz or Mo Jeff?
We will have to agree to disagree. Westbrook is coming off two knee surgeries. Muhl is two games into her college career. I bet Westbrook ends up in the WNBA. Not sure Park-Lane will.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Channeling Ivory Latta.
Who was that small player for Miss. State that beat UConn at the buzzer in the Final four? I believe her nickname was itty bitty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom