Semi-OT - This year's ESPN "Big Monday" schedule | The Boneyard

Semi-OT - This year's ESPN "Big Monday" schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is gross, I don't think I'll watch a single one of these contests. Damn it, college football...

Big Monday 2014

January 13
7 p.m. Virginia at Duke
9 p.m. Kansas at Iowa State

January 20
7 p.m. North Carolina at Virginia
9 p.m. Baylor at Kansas

January 27
7 p.m. Duke at Pittsburgh
9 p.m. Oklahoma State at Oklahoma

February 3
7 p.m. Notre Dame at Syracuse
9 p.m. Iowa State at Oklahoma State

February 10
7 p.m. Maryland at Virginia
9 p.m. Kansas at Kansas State

February 17
7 p.m. North Carolina at Florida State
9 p.m. Oklahoma State at Baylor

February 24
7 p.m. Syracuse at Maryland
9 p.m. Oklahoma at Kansas

March 3
7 p.m. Notre Dame at North Carolina
9 p.m. Kansas State at Oklahoma State

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Big 12 and ACC promotional games. Anyone who does not understand that this is about money and not about the pureness of the sport is missing the big picture.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ESPN is still the major player in college sports but their peak of dominance has passed them by. I still would love to have a penny for every dollar of profit they make. But their empire is being whittled away by conferences and other media players particularly Fox.

I read the CR forum a lot. Hard to contribute much with all the savvy of the Big Business and Corporate Lawyer types that present there but I glean a lot. I do feel that even as the conferences are trying to get as much dough out of the media players the media types are arranging conferences to suit their interests. The alliances are in an ever state of flux so a BE ESPN alliance turns into a BE Fox alliance and that can change quickly depending on how other things play out.

ESPN has little incentive to promote the AAC. They have it on the cheap and only have a short contract with the AAC (six years). If the AAC does well during these six years ESPN might have to face other bidders in four years. So they will do just enough to make a profit on the investment and hope the conference doesn't gain momentum in spite of their attempts to limit exposure.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They call that Big Monday? That's teeny-tiny Monday.

Reaction Score
No surprise here. New league teams and they want to market/hype the most marketable. I know we all expected the new AAC to be disrespected and ignored especially with all the threads of yesterdays.

As fo us, its not like we blew the competition away last year. In addition we had no post season exposure. Sure we have a very good team this coming season, but who else knows that?

pj

Reaction Score
They call that Big Monday? That's teeny-tiny Monday.

They should call it "ESPN Monday". It is not about Big properties, it is about ESPN properties. Also "ESPN Tuesday", "ESPN Wednesday", "ESPN Thursday", "ESPN Friday," and "ESPN Weekend," until everyone is sick of ESPN.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I knew all the conference realignment stuff would get even more painful once we started to see Cuse, Pitt and Ville playing UNC, Duke, etc. on Big Monday. Ive been dreading actually seeing it

Reaction Score
I love college basketball, but none of those games really excite me. It won't be hard to not watch "Big Monday".

Reaction Score
No West Virginia, and Maryland who is leaving the ACC gets two.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Those B12 games are horrid.

Reaction Score
BIG12 basketball is just full of compelling matchups.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Big 12 games are better than the ACC games and if aren't a Neilsen home nobody cares if you boycott.

Reaction Score
The Cuse goes to the ACC and they get rewarded with ND and MD on Big Monday??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom