Selection Show Thread | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Selection Show Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes those terms are used interchangeably, but yeah they don't truly go with a strict s-curve, it's true seed by geography. Those numbers I used are the actual true seeds for our bracket. Here's the top 4 seedlines. Numbers on the right are the committee's ranking of each team.

Ask Iowa State if they think they got lucky with the worst #3 seed or Illinois if they got lucky with the worst #2 seed, lol

Reaction Score
Sometimes those terms are used interchangeably, but yeah they don't truly go with a strict s-curve, it's true seed by geography. Those numbers I used are the actual true seeds for our bracket. Here's the top 4 seedlines. Numbers on the right are the committee's ranking of each team.

are they actually giving regional preferences down the line in 1-16 order? If so, I can understand how it shook out the way it did.

If that is the case, it seems that Auburn chose the East over West as their regional preference (as the only two regions remaining at their seed of #15 overall).

Because just based on seeding you would have expected us to get Bama as the #16 overall.

Reaction Score
I wonder what Auburn, Illinois and Iowa State are thinking about being placed in our bracket.
ISU fan here, we are pretty pissed we were hoping the recent efforts like crushing Houston would help ISU avoid the Huskies bracket
It would have been better for ISU to lose in the conference tourney and get maybe a Baylor seed or KU.

4 top 10 Ken Pom Teams, SDSU and FAU, and 4 conference tourney winners in the same bracket. WTF

Reaction Score
are they actually giving regional preferences down the line in 1-16 order? If so, I can understand how it shook out the way it did.

If that is the case, it seems that Auburn chose the East over West as their regional preference (as the only two regions remaining at their seed of #15 overall).

Because just based on seeding you would have expected us to get Bama as the #16 overall.
that's how it's been for some time....so long as the sum of the overall seeds are within 5, which they were.

the committee just sucks at seeding.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So

8/9 FAU / Northwestern

4/5 Auburn / SDSU

2/3 Illinois / Iowa St.

... I don't love it lol. This is a brutal bracket according to analytics.
Dunno watched Illinois and Auburn today and they are not very good. Cinderella teams like FAU and SDSU don't always repeat. Also they still have the same teams so there is a lot of scout. What impresses me when I watch these team is how bad the the offense is. Total dependence on a hot shooter/night

Reaction Score
And I guarantee you if you went back to last years selection show they were wrong about 99% of what they said.

Again. You are being blinded by chalk. And you really know nothing about the actual process. You’re punching in the dark.
Deepster you're killing it on how to handle Selection Sunday. FUGGEDABOUDIT

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Dan doesn’t seems worried, so if he’s good, I’m good.
He also didn’t seem to be happy. It was a stock answer. We got hosed there is no question. But he had no choice but to give a stock answer. His body language told me what I needed to know. We should not be worried we are the best team but the committee knew they had to give us the hardest path because we are so much better than everyone. Does not make it right but they should just say it instead of putting the puppet doctor up there with his PHD in how to present and sell BS. I hope Hurley is a pi***d as I am and uses it for motivation. All I can think of is Shabazz speech at after number 4.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Yup, this is exactly what I said when Houston's region was revealed.

They gave Houston the #1 region, renamed the top seeds without any substantive changes.
So if you right and I think you are….what does it mean. The whole thing is a fugazzi…..or is it biased. It one or the other or it’s fixed. There are not a lot of options as to what it can be.

Reaction Score
Kind of concerning seeing the loaded BE with only 3 bids. Can we get out of this conference already, pretty obvious it gets shafted
And go where? Maybe the BE should expand and work harder on the media promotion. I love playing in the BE, it’s a tradition

Reaction Score
Ask Iowa State if they think they got lucky with the worst #3 seed or Illinois if they got lucky with the worst #2 seed, lol
Don't add the top seed for each Region, just the next 3:
East=35
W=31
S=31
MW=29

You can argue the seed #'s, but this says we got the weakest region up top \ and MW is toughest up top.

Reaction Score
The 4th place BE team didn’t make the tournament. Thats BAD.

The 5th and 6th place teams weren’t even in the discussion.

They don’t view the BE as a power league
We got a 1, 2, and 3 seed.

The other teams didn't get in because (a) the sucked royally OOC, and (b) there were 5 bid thieves.

One or two more teams get in if DePaul and Georgetown aren't just abysmal.

Reaction Score
another way to think about it: i'd rather play elite defensive teams than elite offensive teams. we can always grind down an elite defensive team that cant score like SDSU last year. i'm much more nervous about an elite offensive team going unconscious for a game. the east region is relatively favorable in this respect

Four seeds ranked by offensive efficiency:
2- Bama
7- Duke
10- Auburn
65- KU

Two seeds ranked by offensive efficiency:
8- zona
21- marquette
29- tenn
55- isu

so auburn and isu arent as good offensively relative to the similarly seeded teams. having said that i'll be rooting for sdsu over auburn. and definitley isu over illinois (#3 offense).

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rece should've asked him what the hell he's talking about?
"So are you saying that you abandoned using S seeeding in favor of geography?"

Reaction Score
And go where? Maybe the BE should expand and work harder on the media promotion. I love playing in the BE, it’s a tradition
Idk maybe the ACC or B12 (which we almost got into)? Would be kind of nice for the big state uni to play other big state unis regardless of # of bids (and regardless of increased payout as well)

Reaction Score
Also. Can the rest of the BE not named UConn, Marquette and Creighton stop pooping the bed in the OOC?! It’s hurting the league
Even Creighton had a bonehead losses. Colorado State and UNLV certainly are part of the reason that the MWC doubled the BE up.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ISU fan here, we are pretty pissed we were hoping the recent efforts like crushing Houston would help ISU avoid the Huskies bracket
It would have been better for ISU to lose in the conference tourney and get maybe a Baylor seed or KU.

4 top 10 Ken Pom Teams, SDSU and FAU, and 4 conference tourney winners in the same bracket. WTF
You guys deserved the fourth number one seed. But they didn’t factor in conference championships. UNC got a break in the west and Purdue gets a easy go until the regional final.

You need to change your name to J-Stew to get more cred in this forum.

Reaction Score

Joke's on you, pal, apparently the conference tournaments meant nothing all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom