Secretary of Defense | The Boneyard

Secretary of Defense

Reaction Score
I saw this posted on FB and was tickled. The poster said Nika defending CC was the best he ever saw anyone play against her and he gave her this nickname. I can't say it was the best ever because I've only watched a handful of Iowa games in her career, but that's a cool nickname for a gritty, tough nosed player. My all-time UConn all grit defense team, regardless of position is: Jennifer Rizzotti, Shea Ralph, Maya Moore, Kelly Faris, and Nika Muhl.
Screenshot_20240407-201608_Facebook.jpg

Reaction Score
I saw this posted on FB and was tickled. The poster said Nika defending CC was the best he ever saw anyone play against her and he gave her this nickname. I can't say it was the best ever because I've only watched a handful of Iowa games in her career, but that's a cool nickname for a gritty, tough nosed player. My all-time UConn all grit defense team, regardless of position is: Jennifer Rizzotti, Shea Ralph, Maya Moore, Kelly Faris, and Nika Muhl. View attachment 99146
Nice top 5. Up until Nika I thought Kelly was the best but now I think we have a tie at the top. Sorry to see Nika leave but I wish her all the best for her future.

Reaction Score
South Carolina played some really good defenders on Clark today, and Nika did a way better job till she hurt her ankle.
Raven Johnson held CC to 27% shooting with 4 turnovers and twice blocked her shot.

Reaction Score
After she scored 18 in the first quarter…
Probably why they put Raven on her. OP said Muhl defended Clark better than any of the South Carolina players. Numbers say otherwise.

Reaction Score
But she still guarded her in first! Granted Raven did a good job but come on. She popped 30. CC had 21 against UConn. Give some credit where it’s due.

Reaction Score
But she still guarded her in first! Granted Raven did a good job but come on. She popped 30. CC had 21 against UConn. Give some credit where it’s due.
Caitlin could depend on Hannah Stuelke against UConn. That option wasn't as readily available against a much bigger South Carolina interior.

Reaction Score
There’s a big gap between giving credit and “accept my premise as stated despite contrary evidence.”

For the game, Clark scored 1.17 points per shot with 7 assists and 4 turnovers against UConn, vs 1.07 points per shot, 5 assists, 4 turnovers vs South Carolina. And, again, the numbers for Raven specifically are much better - 0.64 points per shot with all four turnovers.

Muhl did a great job defending CC. Raven did a better job.

Reaction Score
Both Raven and Nika did a pretty good job on Caitlin. Caitlin specifically when guarded by Raven was 3-11 for the game and 4 turnovers that could have changed the outcome of the game. Switching Raven as her primary defender is a huge reason why the game changed after the first quarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom