Secret scrimmage on Saturday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Secret scrimmage on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just looked up the NCAA rules so I would know what was allowed. They can have that secret scrimmage and also have 2 exhibition games that are not against an NCAA D1 team (the one Nov 4 and Toronto). The scrimmage Geno referred to where Carolyn hit 8-9 3 point shots was obviously just a team activity (practice). It is nice that they actually have at least 10 healthy bodies so 5 on 5 internal scrimage is possible :).

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I’m not sure if the Huskies will be able to defend Red Klotz’ deadly, two-handed set shot…..:rolleyes:
Aside. Saw the Trotters vs Generals in Hartford from right behind the General’s bench with Klotz coaching. He kept walking along the front row asking fans for popcorn.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked that Geno let the players have a choice of shoes. I guess he's getting soft on his old ways of doing things. Next he'll let them do it during regular season games.....NOT...
Don't they already get to have their own shoes during the games?

Reaction Score
The team has always wore the same shoes on game day. They may be different from game to game but everyone wears the same shoes.

Nope… they get a choice. Is it between 2 shoes, maybe/ I just watched the 2014 champion game. There were 2 different sneakers worn.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
I'm shocked that Geno let the players have a choice of shoes. I guess he's getting soft on his old ways of doing things. Next he'll let them do it during regular season games.....NOT....
I thk tht it'd be a pretty good idea to let the women wear different colored shoe on on occasion as long as they stay within the parameter of the school colors, No neon green or Heaven forbid anything tht Ghastly color Orange , not tht Geno's getting soft but he and CD do have shall we say "old Ways" a little individually won't hurt their performance and who knows they maybe make them feel a little better, if thts possible, Didn't he also grant permission for AE to keep her colored Braids? As long as they're not wearing war paint whisk brooms for eyelashes, painted tiger claw nails, rolled up shorts, one long legging etc. I wouldn't complain. It's possible to have old ways and keep up with the newer recruiting and times. Blessed with 4 Girls so this is...jmho

Reaction Score
while searching for any comments Geno might have made following t5he scrimmage with SU came across this gem of an article about 17 y.o. incoming freshman Breanna Stewart (link below). The article is from the New Haven Register titled

UCONN WOMEN: Incoming player Breanna Stewart could have unlimited ceiling (with video)​

The jury is in and it's no longer a hypothesis... the ceiling is still up there somewhere! if article doesn't appear hit 'back to the article' just above the title and it should load, enjoy..

Reaction Score
Paige not wearing her customary knee pads suggests to me that she did not participate.

I'm sure they are saving her for the regular season. Her thumb is still wrapped up, no need to risk any further injury with it for exhibition games.

Reaction Score
Paige not wearing her customary knee pads suggests to me that she did not participate.
That’s what i thought but she participated in the semi open practice without knee pads last week. And she has a pinny on when the injured players did not have Pinnys. My guess is she participated in some capacity but likely not full game style.

454203C0-2CDA-4DCC-ABA3-4FF6E3A9FCF3.jpeg

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
The team has always wore the same shoes on game day. They may be different from game to game but everyone wears the same shoes.
They wear the same PE (Players Exclusive) Uconn colorway from Nike but I think they wear different shoes because I know Paige wears Kyrie's, but I've seen someone else wear KDs in the same game.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Do we have any idea how the scrimmage went? Score? Who played? Who played well?
Who didn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak