SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion | The Boneyard

SEC Tournament Bracket and Discussion

Reaction Score
Vandy gets winner of Mizzou v Florida. I think Vandy will be a crowd favorite in Greenville ( for those that attend the early rounds.)

Auburn/Arkansas winner to face LSU. Really pulling for AUBURN because they have given LSU hell this year. PG Honesty Scott-Grayson has been pretty much unstoppable by LSU. She was definitely unstoppable in Auburn's home win over LSU, and scored 28 in the Baton Rouge loss.

Both are on the LSU's bracket, so we would not face either until the championship game - which would be fine with me, :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not too many quality teams in the SEC so it should be an easy run for SC and LSU. I agree that Auburn played LSU tough but with the tournament pressure notching it up I think LSU will dominate them. I really don't think any team can beat SC (in the SEC) unless they get a ton oh help from the officials and a hot shooting touch.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Williams, a freshman guard who started the Tigers' first 29 games, is nursing plantar fasciitis in her foot. On Sunday, she missed LSU's 77-56 win over Kentucky in what Mulkey called a precautionary measure that'll ensure she's healthy for the NCAA Tournament.
"In a perfect world, I'd like to rest her the whole tournament," Mulkey told The Advocate Thursday. "But if I need to look down there and say, 'hey, can you go two or three minutes?' And look at the trainer and say, 'hey, do you think it'll hurt anything?' And just kind of go from there."

Reaction Score
Williams, a freshman guard who started the Tigers' first 29 games, is nursing plantar fasciitis in her foot. On Sunday, she missed LSU's 77-56 win over Kentucky in what Mulkey called a precautionary measure that'll ensure she's healthy for the NCAA Tournament.
"In a perfect world, I'd like to rest her the whole tournament," Mulkey told The Advocate Thursday. "But if I need to look down there and say, 'hey, can you go two or three minutes?' And look at the trainer and say, 'hey, do you think it'll hurt anything?' And just kind of go from there."
That is a painful condition.. if I were Kim, ( my looks and her wardrobe? Ugh!) I would rest her til the Sweet 16. Make Hailey Van Lith earn her NIL for a couple of weeks.

Reaction Score
That is a painful condition.. if I were Kim, ( my looks and her wardrobe? Ugh!) I would rest her til the Sweet 16. Make Hailey Van Lith earn her NIL for a couple of weeks.
If they don't get to the SECT Finals, they may not be in position to reach a Sweet 16.

I just find it hard to believe that they couldn't have recruited/developed more depth. The Sa'Myah Smith injury was brutal, but they've had time to figure something out by now.

Reaction Score
Yes, indeed, this is a very painful condition. The hurtful, painful, prickling sensation that your soles are being poked with a million pins/needles, while simultaneously walking on fire, is not a great experience. All the best to Mikaylah Williams on a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Tonight is big for LSU. I don’t know if they can slow down Honesty Scott-Grayson. It looks particularly scary for them if they can’t get many minutes out of Mikayla Williams.

Reaction Score
Tonight is big for LSU. I don’t know if they can slow down Honesty Scott-Grayson. It looks particularly scary for them if they can’t get many minutes out of Mikayla Williams.
They passed that test with flying colors.

Reaction Score
LSU looks really beat up. Half their starters exited the game for long periods to nurse wounds...Johnson, Reece, and Morrow all had moments where they looked like they were in a great deal of pain. And Mikayla Williams was out for the game...

LSU looked really good but I question if they can sustain this success over three days with their current level of healthiness and no depth.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
The old woman trying to look cool and young doesn't play well ? Is that what you are suggesting? ....lol...

Reaction Score
I'm interested to see if Tennessee has gathered enough confidence in the last two meetings to spring the upset today.

Reaction Score
I'm interested to see if Tennessee has gathered enough confidence in the last two meetings to spring the upset today.
It's early, but it's not looking too promising for the folks in orange. :D

Reaction Score
Well I spoke too soon.

South Carolina no longer has any idea of what role everyone should be playing.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Tennessee challenging South Carolina. 2-point game.

Reaction Score
i think that Tennessee did have the confidence to pull the upset but that last sequence was just miserable for them.

I question greatly why they would use the fouls to give at that point.

South Carolina survives for a few hours anyway.

I think we are kind of a mess but maybe it's just the Tennessee matchup.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
i think that Tennessee did have the confidence to pull the upset but that last sequence was just miserable for them.

I question greatly why they would use the fouls to give at that point.

South Carolina survives for a few hours anyway.

I think we are kind of a mess but maybe it's just the Tennessee matchup.

I still think the best thing for South Carolina is to lose a game before entering the tournament. They're playing far from their best basketball right now and getting beat will take the pressure off and provide added motivation entering the tournament. They haven't looked strong the last few weeks and I think there's a good chance we'll see a repeat of last year if they enter the tournament undefeated.

Reaction Score
I still think the best thing for South Carolina is to lose a game before entering the tournament. They're playing far from their best basketball right now and getting beat will take the pressure off and provide added motivation entering the tournament. They haven't looked strong the last few weeks and I think there's a good chance we'll see a repeat of last year if they enter the tournament undefeated.

I'd be ok with it, but on the other hand, the roles seem so confused now it might go the other way.

Should be really tense in Albany.

Reaction Score
That was a close escape that didn’t need to be that close. At this time of year, everyone is playing better basketball… except for the teams who were playing great basketball from the start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom