SEC Doesn’t Hold Serve... Tournament’s Lowest Conference Average Seeds | The Boneyard

SEC Doesn’t Hold Serve... Tournament’s Lowest Conference Average Seeds

Reaction Score
CONFERENCE.....# TEAMS.....# SWEET 16.....AVERAGE SEED.....MEDIAN SEED......WINS.....LOSSES

MAAC..........................1.......................1.........................15.0........................15.0.....................2................0

PAC 12........................3.......................2..........................4.0............................4.0.................... 4...............1

ACC............................5.......................3...........................8.4..........................10.0.....................8...............2

BIG 12.........................6.......................3...........................5.2............................4.5.....................9...............3

AAC.............................2.......................1...........................7.0............................7.0.....................3................1

W. CST........................3........................1...........................5.3............................5.0.....................3................2

BIG EAST....................6.......................2...........................6.2.............................6.5.....................5................4

BIG 10.........................9........................2..........................7.0.............................7.0.....................9................7

MT WEST....................4........................0..........................8.5.............................8.0.....................0.................4

SEC.............................6........................1..........................3.8.............................3.5......................4................5

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
computer hacking GIF

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
CONFERENCE.....# TEAMS.....# SWEET 16.....AVERAGE SEED.....MEDIAN SEED......WINS.....LOSSES

MAAC..........................1.......................1.........................15.0........................15.0.....................2................0

PAC 12........................3.......................2..........................4.0............................4.0.................... 4...............1

ACC............................5.......................3...........................8.4..........................10.0.....................8...............2

BIG 12.........................6.......................3...........................5.2............................4.5.....................9...............3

AAC.............................2.......................1...........................7.0............................7.0.....................3................1

W. CST........................3........................1...........................5.3............................5.0.....................3................2

BIG EAST....................6.......................2...........................6.2.............................6.5.....................5................4

BIG 10.........................9........................2..........................7.0.............................7.0.....................9................7

MT WEST....................4........................0..........................8.5.............................8.0.....................0.................4

SEC.............................6........................1..........................3.8.............................3.5......................4................5
What the hell kind of mess is this?

Reaction Score
Data...like it, leave it, correct it.....

Something piss ya off ?

Reaction Score
Got it...I guess it makes you feel good about yourself...and that is always a good thing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I said this long ago. The balance of CBB power is heading south. It’s just a matter of time. Football schools with football money wil rule the roost.

20 years ago syracuse could’ve picked any coach out of SEC to replace nose picker. Now they have no hope of any of them. It says more than you think.

Reaction Score
These data get skewed by a few teams at the top of certain conferences. So the WCC is a top conference because Gonzaga skews their average seed number? This doesn't say anything about any conference.

Reaction Score
These data get skewed by a few teams at the top of certain conferences. So the WCC is a top conference because Gonzaga skews their average seed number? This doesn't say anything about any conference.

What it does tell you is who is winning games at the dance and who isn't....who is playig above their seed and who ain't.

I also think that some teams in March aren't the teams that they were in December. Some young teams are really improved, some veteran teams have injuries....

UNC looked like crap early....but started playing in the latter part of the season. The SEC, as a whole, blew out teams in OOC early on...

The FSU that beat Duke, UNC, and Miami wasn't the same team half way through with four starters out for the season with injuries.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tl:dr - The SEC had a lot of teams with high seeds. Anyone with a top four seed should make the S16. The SEC had roughly 3 top 4 seeds (I'm not looking it up) and ended up with 1 team. Just about every other conference just about met expectations or exceeded them.

Reaction Score
My personal gripe...officiating...especially in crucial moments.

I thought that I once knew what a charge was and what was a block....now..I wonder.

Reaction Score
My personal gripe...officiating...especially in crucial moments.

I thought that I once knew what a charge was and what was a block....now..I wonder.
Maybe it's just me but offensive guys get way more block calls than I think they should, to much "jumping/running" into the defender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom