South Carolina-Aub, TN, @TAM, @OM
Tennessee-@AL, @SC, MissSt, LSU
Florida- Ark, @LSU, @Vandy, MO
LSU-@MSU, FL, AL, @TN
Ole Miss-TAM, @Vandy, Ark, @Aub, SC
Georgia-MO, @Aub, @Ark, TAM
Mississippi State-@UK, LSU, @MO, @UT, Ark
Missouri-@UGA, MSU, UK, @FL

I still don’t see anyone catching South Carolina. However Tennessee has a favorable schedule. The game versus SC and then LSU are big. Ole Miss dropped two games as has Georgia. Based on remaining schedule in my opinion if LSU gets by Florida they are in the driver’s seat for second place.

Reaction Score
Updated contender remaining schedules.
South Carolina-Aub, TN, @TAM, @OM
Tennessee-@AL, @SC, MissSt, LSU
Florida- Ark, @LSU, @Vandy, MO
LSU-@MSU, FL, AL, @TN

I still don’t see anyone catching South Carolina. However Tennessee has a favorable schedule. The game versus SC and then LSU are big. Ole Miss dropped two games as has Georgia. Based on remaining schedule in my opinion if LSU gets by Florida they are in the driver’s seat for second place.
They will have to also beat Tennessee , correct?

Reaction Score
I am not falling for this LOL

LSU could easily lose all their remaining games as much as they can win them all. LSU is playing with house money at this point, the only two consistent players I trust at this pointer are Morris and Pointer. The other players just arent consistent. Newby and Aifuwa disappear way too much and Cherry seems to only shoot well at home. We have no bench and seem to run on fumes towards the end of games.

Well maybe I am being extreme, I don't see how they possibly lose to Alabama but this week will be challenging, but not impossible. I think they will be extremely hungry for the Florida game where everyone other than Pointer didn't show up ready to play. Knowing LSU, Miss St will probably shoot 80% from 3 this Thursday.

Reaction Score
Tough road loss by Mississippi State to Kentucky tonight. MSU was up 12 with 7 minutes left and let it slip away. This loss and the Georgia home loss could really hurt their resume. LSU at home Thursday is going to be a huge challenge.

Reaction Score
Tough road loss by Mississippi State to Kentucky tonight. MSU was up 12 with 7 minutes left and let it slip away. This loss and the Georgia home loss could really hurt their resume. LSU at home Thursday is going to be a huge challenge.
This one really hurt. This team is tough so I really think they will come back.

Reaction Score
Only 1500 tickets remain for the SC-Tenn game on Sunday. It will be a sellout - 18,000+. SECWBB will be center stage at 1 o’clock on ABC. Going to be great showcase for NCAAW and I cant wait. I’ll be right there.

Reaction Score
Interesting slate of games. I have a feeling Arkansas/Florida will be a fun game full of offense

Reaction Score
Interesting slate of games. I have a feeling Arkansas/Florida will be a fun game full of offense
I don’t expect a good outcome tonight for Mississippi State with LSU’s size and Coach Mulkey’s coaching ability.

Reaction Score
I don’t expect a good outcome tonight for Mississippi State with LSU’s size and Coach Mulkey’s coaching ability.
Have you seen LSU's posts? They are not good half the time

Reaction Score
I just turned into the game...looks like your prediction isn't panning out. I would say that Miss. state is the miracle in the SEC this season but Florida is out-miracling them. :confused:

Reaction Score

Win or loss, LSU is nowhere near a top 15 team imo. You can’t have a team filled with this many players that are this all over the place offensively.

Reaction Score
Win or loss, LSU is nowhere near a top 15 team imo. You can’t have a team filled with this many players that are this all over the place offensively.
Kim took over a team that won 9 games and was really among the worst teams in D1 offensively and has them 22-4 and 10-3 in SEC play.

The only competent players offensively are Pointer and Morris so they carry us. Don't think its fair to say they aren't top 15 when they have won as much as they have this year, we go as far as Morris and Pointer can take us but don't discredit what this LSU team has done in spite of its terrible roster situation when Kim took over. They have more than earned the respect for what they have done so far this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have you seen LSU's posts? They are not good half the time
I understand your frustration. Our starting center C Kohl has greatly improved since she was thrown in the fire. Each game they have added a little more to what they allow her to do. Tonight was the first they have run plays for her to score. Despite the improvement she would only be playing her normal five minutes or less if D Carter had not gotten injured. The backup consists of rotating either 5-10 C Thompson or 5-9 J Jordan to the post.
That aside, MSU really needed to take one or both of these last two games. They have a very difficult stretch to finish the regular season at Missouri, at Tennessee and Arkansas at home. Obviously they need to go 2-1 to finish .500 in league play. That’s a very tall order.

Reaction Score
I understand your frustration. Our starting center C Kohl has greatly improved since she was thrown in the fire. Each game they have added a little more to what they allow her to do. Tonight was the first they have run plays for her to score. Despite the improvement she would only be playing her normal five minutes or less if D Carter had not gotten injured. The backup consists of rotating either 5-10 C Thompson or 5-9 J Jordan to the post.
That aside, MSU really needed to take one or both of these last two games. They have a very difficult stretch to finish the regular season at Missouri, at Tennessee and Arkansas at home. Obviously they need to go 2-1 to finish .500 in league play. That’s a very tall order.
I agree but I no longer take this team for granted, they have shown me they can be competitive with any team, however we suffer from lack of depth and size that makes it difficult to win. I too think it will be difficult to win 2 of our last 3 games. Question “do we make to big dance” without at least 4 more wins including wins in the SEC tournament.

Reaction Score
Only 1500 tickets remain for the SC-Tenn game on Sunday. It will be a sellout - 18,000+. SECWBB will be center stage at 1 o’clock on ABC. Going to be great showcase for NCAAW and I cant wait. I’ll be right there.
Without Jordan Horston, I fear this won’t be much of a competition.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Kim took over a team that won 9 games and was really among the worst teams in D1 offensively and has them 22-4 and 10-3 in SEC play.

The only competent players offensively are Pointer and Morris so they carry us. Don't think its fair to say they aren't top 15 when they have won as much as they have this year, we go as far as Morris and Pointer can take us but don't discredit what this LSU team has done in spite of its terrible roster situation when Kim took over. They have more than earned the respect for what they have done so far this year.
Survivorau GIF by Australian Survivor

Reaction Score
Just saw where Kim Mulky told Coach Doug Novak he was her choice for Coach of the Year, I realize I am biased but I agree!

Reaction Score
Just saw where Kim Mulky told Coach Doug Novak he was her choice for Coach of the Year, I realize I am biased but I agree!
I am pretty sure she told Florida's coach the same thing after their game as well but you have to hand it to Coach Novak and Coach Finley. Both interim coaches have been put into tough spots, losing their best player and have done the best they could have done given the circumstances. Florida has depth though, Miss St not so much.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 10.45.58 AM.png

With 3 games left, here is another look at the preseason poll. A&M really disappointed and Florida and LSU ended up performing way better than most anticipated. Vandy also has been much improved.

Reaction Score
I agree but I no longer take this team for granted, they have shown me they can be competitive with any team, however we suffer from lack of depth and size that makes it difficult to win. I too think it will be difficult to win 2 of our last 3 games. Question “do we make to big dance” without at least 4 more wins including wins in the SEC tournament.
The latest projections have 9 SEC teams making the NCAA Tournament. I think that is high. That aside MSU is currently in eighth place. Winning two more most likely puts them in the top six or seven with seventeen wins overall. They are currently second in the last four in. Going 2-1 may be enough regardless of the SEC Tournament.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure she told Florida's coach the same thing after their game as well but you have to hand it to Coach Novak and Coach Finley. Both interim coaches have been put into tough spots, losing their best player and have done the best they could have done given the circumstances. Florida has depth though, Miss St not so much.
Yes, both those coaches deserve praise, I would have no gripe with either being honored with COY but the year has surprises still to come. Need to see what unfolds, ND Coach has brought that team back, even Geno could be COY if UConn overcomes all the obstacles they have faced and they wind up as NC. Much excitement still to come but I am proud that Novak has done such a great job with MSST! HOLD ON!

Reaction Score
Yes, both those coaches deserve praise, I would have no gripe with either being honored with COY but the year has surprises still to come. Need to see what unfolds, ND Coach has brought that team back, even Geno could be COY if UConn overcomes all the obstacles they have faced and they wind up as NC. Much excitement still to come but I am proud that Novak has done such a great job with MSST! HOLD ON!
No way Geno gets coach of the year this season. Finley is by and far the favorite in the SEC. 5 top 25 wins and currently won the last 9 of 10 games, with the line loss being to South Carolina. Florida is currently 2nd in the conference and this all occured after losing their "best player". Novak is doing his thing under similar circumstances as well but Finley has had an unreal run so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom