Sean Miller on UConn's dominance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller on UConn's dominance

Reaction Score
When I think of Sean Miller I think of when Fox had mic'd up the coaches for the whole game a few years back. Xavier was playing St. John's who had Mike Anderson their at the time. The difference of the Basketball Acumen between Sean Millier and Mike Anderson was startling. Mike a great coah who teaches ball pressure and trying to turn over the team was basically talking about getting back on d and hustling while Miller was going indepth discussion about using back sceens, bliztzing on the pick and roll, back cuts, brush screen, hedging on pick roll, Flex Screen etc. I was amazed on how detailed he was during in game on what was happening compared to Mike Anderson. LOL! I felt bad for Mike he got embarrassed on TV like that.
That particular event and my having the exact same thoughts were the first thing that comes to mind in this thread.

Reaction Score
That particular event and my having the exact same thoughts were the first thing that comes to mind in this thread.
Yeah, I came away so impressed with how much of an X & O coach Sean Miller was or maybe anyone compared to Mike Anderson looked like Basketball Genius. LOL!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I kind of feel bad for these coaches in league. The league this year was as good as it had been in the past 5 years. We have the most well coached league in the country, and we had a lot of familiar faces still around. We just made them all look far worse than they were and it hurt the league in March. Seton Hall and St John’s win 15 games in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Everyone here can be so black and white. Two things can be true about Miller at the same time. Much like Calimari is a 2-way street, great recruiter, not so good at game planning (Not saying Miller has these traits).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hilarious seeing some of the things that have been said here over the years about Sean Miller but he makes some nice comments about Uconn and its a slurp fest lol! Man! I love my fellow Uconn fans.
Don't worry. Tomorrow I'm sure he'll do something that'll piss us off.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yeah, I came away so impressed with how much of an X & O coach Sean Miller was or maybe anyone compared to Mike Anderson looked like Basketball Genius. LOL!

I went to a Nike coaching clinic with a lot of high level D1 coaches probably 12-14 years ago when he first got to Arizona. He was by far the best, most in depth, detailed coach there. He broke down tons of nuanced press breakers, tons of X and O stuff that was next level compared to every other coach. And I always liked his personality too.

Reaction Score
Listen to everything the guy has said since he's returned to the Big East. He's a basketball guy through and through, and a Big East guy through and through. I hope he stays at Xavier for the long haul, he looks happier and healthier than he ever did at Arizona.
He sounds good and does look relaxed.
He may actually be proving to himself he's been a good coach all along and didn't need to get involved with buying players. There had to be a lot of stress in the AZ job wondering about the FBI and wiretaps.

Reaction Score
May say nice words but I would never turn my back on this DB. He should not be coaching college basketball after what happened at Arizona.
My guess is he benefited from there being so many other high profile coaches involved that the NCAA didn't want to harm the image of the sport by banning them all or even severely punishing them.

Reaction Score
Much like listening to Penny Hardaway or Juwann Howard talk during their times out.
Special stuff like, "we need to rebound", or "when we miss a shot we need to get back on defense".
Meanwhile the opposing coaches were all sounding like DH or Miller giving detailed direction.

Reaction Score
My guess is he benefited from there being so many other high profile coaches involved that the NCAA didn't want to harm the image of the sport by banning them all or even severely punishing them.
I never understood the Sean Miller story at Arizona. NCAA cleared him of wrongdoing, that really means nothing because the NCAA is a joke but that was an FBI investigation. If what he was accused of actually happened why wasn't Miller charged?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Much like listening to Penny Hardaway or Juwann Howard talk during their times out.
Special stuff like, "we need to rebound", or "when we miss a shot we need to get back on defense".
Meanwhile the opposing coaches were all sounding like DH or Miller giving detailed direction.
DH’s Inside the Huddles are must-see TV for any basketball player or fan.

Reaction Score
When I think of Sean Miller I think of when Fox had mic'd up the coaches for the whole game a few years back. Xavier was playing St. John's who had Mike Anderson their at the time. The difference of the Basketball Acumen between Sean Millier and Mike Anderson was startling. Mike a great coah who teaches ball pressure and trying to turn over the team was basically talking about getting back on d and hustling while Miller was going indepth discussion about using back sceens, bliztzing on the pick and roll, back cuts, brush screen, hedging on pick roll, Flex Screen etc. I was amazed on how detailed he was during in game on what was happening compared to Mike Anderson. LOL! I felt bad for Mike he got embarrassed on TV like that.
I watched/listened to that also. The difference between the two was so stark, it was almost comical. Especially at crunch time. I became a big Sean Miller fan after that game.

Reaction Score
I never understood the Sean Miller story at Arizona. NCAA cleared him of wrongdoing, that really means nothing because the NCAA is a joke but that was an FBI investigation. If what he was accused of actually happened why wasn't Miller charged?
Too many AZ fans at the Justice Department?

Clearing him of the bribery was akin to uNC being cleared of the charges related to the fraudulent Afro American Studies "courses"
Roy Williams knew nothing about.......:rolleyes:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gosh I love the Big East. We’re so fortunate to be home.
Yup and we are here for life thank god. No more folly experiments with loser conferences.

Reaction Score
Yup and we are here for life thank god. No more folly experiments with loser conferences.
Hopefully not. Big East proved money doesn’t equate to happiness and titles.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

That's all I ever see from Calipari too. That's why I wonder where all this great coaching is.

I see him screaming "NOOOO" and then staring his soon to be millionaire frosh, but I'm not sure what he's teaching them or better yet adjusting with them in game.

That stuff can still work if you do everything else great, but most basketball people can tell a real coach from a talent manager.

Reaction Score
Miller was very complimentary of us when he had his post game press conferences after all of our games this season. He also speaks really thoughtfully about the game and what he sees on the court. He doesn't dumb it down too much, or use as much coachspeak as some of the others do. After one of the games he really broke down our 5-out lineup in an interesting way (i think this was after our first game when DC was out and we won by 5).

And of course, anytime I think of Miller, i, like many of you think of that St Johns game against Anderson. Man, the difference was really noticeable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom